Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Another reason to support dowladda dhexe

While I was in Xamar back in Siteembar and Oktoobar, I saw my nieces studying at night with these books shown on the image below. There are seven books (one, tignaloji, is not shown in the image) published by dowladda dhexe and is given for free for every elementary school student in Muqdisho and many other schools in other gobollo. It is a new unified manhaj, too, starting in this ongoing school term.

I was very glad to see a unified manhaj for the country, the first since the last one in late 1990. I also read some of them, including Afsoomaali one and is very professionally done and thoroughly researched.

Also, remember some countries, like Kenya, public school books are NOT provided for free. Never was and is.

IMG-20190929-091540.jpg

galbeedi   

The Somali language must be broadened and used in schools. The early Somalis had translated every word in English. From math to Physics. 

Today, we can not even find a word for " Motion" . 

Godax Barre is one of the few serious men within the government.

galbeedi   

One more thing, we have to read and found out who wrote the curriculum. I bet it's one of those Nairobi based NGOs. We want to see the history and social study part.

5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

The Somali language must be broadened and used in schools. The early Somalis had translated every word in English. From math to Physics. 

Today, we can not even find a word for " Motion" . 

Godax Barre is one of the few serious men within the government.

Runtii ereyo shisheeye kuma arkin intaa ka arkay. Aad ayaan ugu helay. Xataa ereyada 'computer, modem, keyboard' iyo wixii la mid ah Afsoomaali iyagoo loo micneeye ku qornaayeen. Si tayo leh ayaa loo qoray, naxwo ahaan iyo xirfad ahaanba.

Holac   

We need to take these books to every corner of the country. Are these book also available in Hargeisa and other areas of the country?

Dhaqaale   
On 12/15/2019 at 1:12 AM, Holac said:

We need to take these books to every corner of the country. Are these book also available in Hargeisa and other areas of the country?

😂...they have their own books, i have seen it with my own eyes. Somaliland schooling is one of the bright spot of Somaliland. With further investment the university level can be world class.

Cheeseman may take some of the credit but the ultimately the credit belongs to the UN's Unesco organisation. 

Somaliland's curriculum was done by the same UNESCO back 15 years ago, it is free for all secondary and primary schooling.

If I ever get a copy of Somalia's new text books, I wouldn't be surprised finding out my uncles's work being copied by Somalia.