Sign in to follow this  
Jamilah

General knowledge

Jamilah   

Asalamu alaykum fellow nomads,

I thought i might start this subject testing your general knowledge i am going to ask you a question on general knowledge and feel free to add on questions anytime it can be scientific, mathematical and geographical questions.

Here goes my first question:

1. What is the current currency used in Russsia?

if u mean the somali youth league, or something like dat, i know it had 13 founding members who refused to identify tribal connection due to party policy.

i know this is not an answer but is all i know.

who developed the first vaccine and for what disease?

NinBrown   

Hey, this a great post,good question thus far

Think Tank

The 1st vaccine was developed by Edward jenner from newcastle in England and it was against Small Pox.

where was the 1st ever ordl cup held and who won it.

Emerald   

London_Lad...

d 1st world-cup was held 1930....in MONTEVEDIO (URUGUAY) july 13th - july 30th, D FINAL WAS between ARGENTINA & URUGUAY...argentina lost 4-2 to the hosts *(uruguay)*

sooooo held in urruguay..1930..won by uruguay :D

loooool BET YU TINK A GYAL WLDNT NO DAT MUCH BOUT FOOTIE??/LOLLLL

my question........

:D:D

ques;"hu was Maria MARTEN? &

wat exactly did WILLIAM.CORDER , hammer in her pelvis? clue...Polstead (england) 1826, ND wat did dey both ave???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

N.O.R.F   

Hannah i'm sorry but i do not understand yr q!

Question: Sport

With which sport is Shane Mosley associated with?

WILLIAM CORDER

Executed 11th of August, 1828, for the Murder of Maria Marten, in the Red Barn, the Crime being revealed to the Victim's Mother in Three Dreams

About the year 1826 she formed a liaison, with the man who became her deliberate murderer, William Corder.

And it was a Pistol that was deposited into her pelvis.SICK MAN???

Q

who was the First man to Run under 10 sec for the 100m?

Haystak   

I'm asking this question, because I've been interested in getting the answer for awhile. I've looked around, with no luck.

"THERE IS A MEANING, BEHIND EVERY NAME"

SO MY QUESTION IS: WHY IS AFRICA, CALLED AFRICA? AND FROM WHAT LANGUAGE, DOES THE NAME COME FROM?

Here is what i found on google. They are too many webpages for me to list them all...here is the few that i liked. In this little discussion board, they said the romans coined the word. But in another one that i just visited they said it was the Greeks that invented the word. And you asked why its called Africa? According to the same forum----Aphrika is a greek word which means, always hot and warm.

LANDER   

Sugar shane mosley, one a my favorite boxers. Shame he had to lose to Vernon Forrest twice.

for the boxing fans, simple Q,

Felix Trinidad became famous for defeated what well known boxer and what country does he come from?

can't help it I have to add another one.

What boxer from the same division is nickname "ferocious", and is known for his flamboyance backed up by alot of courage.

aight last one

What boxer from Nicaragua who learn to fight in the though streets of Managua and known for Cigar smokin and wisky drinkin as trainin regiment, even inside thering :D . Nicknamed "el matador" defeated vernon Forest twice?

Fyr   

Alberto Cortes From Argentina

Fernando Vargas

Ricardo Mayorga

Here is my Q

What happened to Peter the Great's half sister when he and his half brother Ivan became Tsars over Russia?

And what was her name?