Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Canadians Only

Tuujiye   

Animal...Wareer Keyga sxb ha fag fagin nooh...

Reer Ottawa aan ahay reer torontona waan ahay...

Under dog...kuraastaas waxaa ladhahay dadka shuluqa ah wee baduujinaayaan...run miyaa...dirin maheysaa dirin?

Wareer Badanaa!!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Pucca:

Edmonton: hmm, thats where all the somalis have suddenly rushed to right *cough*
welfare
? :rolleyes: *gag*

Screw Deadmonton.You guys come to Calgary.We got a better hockey team

Unfortunately my mother is moving to Deadmonton in 2 weeks – hope to see nomads from there in December during the holidays.

+++++ HOCKEY :confused:

Basketball maybe? :D

Ariadne   

here are some suggestions and they are not in this order by the way

Toronto, ON

Salt Spring Island, B.C

Montreal, Que

or Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

especially Salt Spring Island... an island surronded by ocean and forests... the whole of the island is a drive in 8 hours back and forth and to walk from one end of the island to the next 1 day and a half....

There's bears, otters, deer, beavers, and all sorts of wild life

evryone there is super firendly everyones your friend there are no strangers... mostly hippies and retired or partcipating activists...

trees the size of the CN tower and as wide as the streets in China town.... mountains, hiking trails... cute little cottage shops that are also peoples homes

and little spirits like faeries and pixies and wood spirits... as well as people always talking about chakras...good vibes and energy

I say we meet there...

-sigh-

I love hippies... even if you are stranger you are still there brother or sister nobody looks you up and down to measure you up like they do in toronto...everyone makes direct eye contact

and is like *smiling* hi wanna go....kayacking

... oh and all of the food is organic there...lots of vegans, vegetarians and fruiteraians.

And its not a city energy either... that the people have its a more laid back easy going... insha allah kinda energy... instead of

hurry! hurry!.... scurry! scurry!

and of course the springs (hot springs that come form salt water)

Kreepy Kid

By your description of the place, it sounds like a hippie getaway spot, however, many of us are not hippies, and you are right about Toronto, the people are too ruff, they think they’re gangsta, whatever that entails.

Still, its too far to travel there, besides.. do you have any Somali restaurants there?

Pucca   

i'm tellin you...edmonton is offering something to these families, somethin bout 2grands for parents who go back to school...and high payin jobs

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hibo:

quote:Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^^ WHy not Aussies @ Hibo??

Lol.. Zu.. waa is sheegtay haye.. maskiin... no baby... Aussie is too deserted and too far from my place.. hadii safar soo galo 28 hrs diyaaro lee saarnaaneysaa nooh! Unless aad post in laguugu soo sameeyo rabtid
;)
You dont know what you missing then... Where are the Aussies when You need them!!

Heeey I still Say Paris, Ontario Convenient for every one.

Guidlines of the meet up:

1) Meeting Must Take Place In Day Light

2) No Revealing Clothes For Both Genders (Men: NO SHORTS, NO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS..Ladies: ANY THAT SHOWS SKIN IS NO NO)

3) No luuqing At Any Circumstance

4) Chatty Folks Must be Considered Of Others( Soon As They Hear "TIME OUT" Chatty folks must stop Talking and walk away)

5) Last but Least, NO MUSIC( read my signature)

underdog   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

This sounds like a therapy session for Rapists.
:D

LOL...either that or Prom night for Aqwaans.

Iceman, too man conditions, saaxib. This is not visiting day at a maximum security prison.

maybe you have a curfew :D gotta be home by sundown? Wixii hadlaayo ha hadlaan, wixi is qaawinaayo ha is qaawiyaan, Wixi "Mike Jones, who? Mike Jones" rabo ha iska dhegeestaan.

Checkmate, save the reforms for after you meet em.

*save us* Music leads to dancing and dancing to touching.

Of course no dancing unless we’re meeting at a club.

On the rapist comment = either that or Prom night for Aqwaans. ah ha ha ha !

Iffah   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

either that or Prom night for Aqwaans

Loool.... :D

AF,

Maybe it's better for the Torontonian nomads to meet up in Toronto and Ottawa nomads to meet in their city... and so on. I can't imagine driving that distance again to Ottawa ... for a get together with the nomads. I lofe y'all but not that much. lol. I'd love to see Montreal again tho and hopefully spend more than 2 hrs there this time.

We were just roaming centre ville Montreal yesterday..it was gorgeous! The people are friendly too. Somehow we ended up in the suburbs and we wanted to get back to the highway to go downtown and we stopped to ask this man for directions. Surprisingly he greeted us with "Salaama alaikum." I think that was the only thing he pronounced correctly. He sat on the floor to draw the map for us and explain the directions. He even told us of masjid that was around the area..."there is a big moslem place for you ladies" smile.gif ... All I can say for Mtrl is... man, I wish I had retained some of the french I learned in school. Bonjour and Merci beaucoup don't cut it redface.gif

Sooma,

What's this Sambuza village? I didn't think Ottawa had any Somali restuarants other than Zamzam. icon_razz.gif

Montreal is a great city, you can find almost anything you need, we do have a great Muslim population here, people are friendly, except some Frenchies, but that’s only in the east end of the city. I just wish there were more Somalis in the city, I hardly see Somalis here, wish they were over populating this place --- I need Somali restaurants here, I don’t get to eat Somali food for months at a time. On the other hand, OTTAWA has many Somali restaurants, there’s Medina, another one on bank streets south, couple of more in the west end, I think one was called Hooyo Fadumo Some restaurants even have all you can eat rice!!!