Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Berbera Airport

PeaceNow, I believe you owe the noble and honourable citizens of Berbera an apology. It is indeed unfortunate you have adopted this position against Berberains, who are known for their hospitality and generosity. Parts of Somaliland are still developing. Our rates of development should not be compared to industrialised country, for they too were languishing at the rung of the ladder one point or another in their respective histories. You should judge Berbera and Somaliland by its own standard; it’s a developing city which is making great strides, despite being unrecognised. We are working towards building Berbera and Berbera which is indeed a strategic city and an important hub for transportation has been improving its infrastructure for a number of years now, seeking both investment and assistance from Somalilanders in the Diaspora as well other governments and multi-national corporations.

So rather than judging Somaliland cities against a different benchmark, its important to consider that each country goes through its own social, political and economic trajectories. I would kindly ask you to at least consider or even deleted this blasphemous and ill-thought thread seeking to ridicule Berbera.

There I was thinking of inviting you for a nice drink by Bartaalale beach.

Chimera   

^

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

PeaceNow merely articulates his own interpretation of events, and has every right to do so.

:D

Blessed   

^blasphemous to be percise. :D

On the review, at least he got a decent meal.. We were given a cold McChicken Arabia for breakfast which they've picked up at DXB because they ran out of food.

Peacenow   

PeaceNow, I believe you owe the noble and honourable citizens of Berbera an apology. It is indeed unfortunate you have adopted this position against Berberains, who are known for their hospitality and generosity. Parts of Somaliland are still developing. Our rates of development should not be compared to industrialised country, for they too were languishing at the rung of the ladder one point or another in their respective histories. You should judge Berbera and Somaliland by its own standard; it’s a developing city which is making great strides, despite being unrecognised. We are working towards building Berbera and Berbera which is indeed a strategic city and an important hub for transportation has been improving its infrastructure for a number of years now, seeking both investment and assistance from Somalilanders in the Diaspora as well other governments and multi-national corporations.

So rather than judging Somaliland cities against a different benchmark, its important to consider that each country goes through its own social, political and economic trajectories. I would kindly ask you to at least consider or even deleted this blasphemous and ill-thought thread seeking to ridicule Berbera.

There I was thinking of inviting you for a nice drink by Bartaalale beach.

My full apology Maximus. I have been blind and woeful on this occasion. No disrespect to Berbera. My own father hails from Erigavo so it is close to me too. I have edited the topic.

Originally posted by A.Z:

^
quote:Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

PeaceNow merely articulates his own interpretation of events, and has every right to do so.

Indeed this is my quote; I am not denying it, for it’s in the system. You have shown shrewdness A.Z for quoting what appeared to be a discrepancy in my thinking. But you have taken the quote out of its originally context. This was in reference to the insults Peacenow receives for merely expressing his opinions from other SOLers whose passive nature doesn’t allow them to think rationally but who sluggishness has rendered them as foul-mouthed.

He has every right to point the finger at Berbera, since we are not immune from criticism. However the manner and the course of action in which Peacenow has taken leaves lot to be desired. He has a legitimate cause of concern for all his other opinions but this directionless nonsensical attempt at Berbera appears to be lacking in purpose.

Originally posted by Peacenow:

My full apology Maximus. I have been blind and woeful on this occasion. No disrespect to Berbera. My own father hails from Erigavo so it is close to me too. I have edited the topic.

Peacenow you are man of high moral fibre and a fellow Somalilander. We are brothers and comrades in our campaigns to seek the truth unhindered and commitment to the spirit of democracy and the freedom of expression.

I am grateful that you have retracting this statement. By your kind gesture of friendship, you have averted reducing the honour and reputation of my people to a mere nothing. The people of Berbera are indeed glad and rejoicing. Your kind act of friendship and your kindness and humility have been noted.

Maximus Power

Chimera   

quote:Originally posted by A.Z:

^
quote:

[qb] PeaceNow merely articulates his own interpretation of events, and has every right to do so.

Indeed this is my quote; I am not denying it,
for it’s in the system.
You have shown shrewdness A.Z for quoting what appeared to be a discrepancy in my thinking.
Let me guess, you went to back to the other topic to try and edit your post but the timelimit was up? :D

ailamos   

Peacenow raises an issue

Maximus disagrees, makes an objection

Peacenow reflects, apologizes

Maximus accepts apology

The floor is open for a reasonable discussion

A good example of a mature conversation. Too bad there aren't many of them in this forum, everyone is ready to point fingers and start accusations the second they hear something they don't like.

Cowke   

I been to berbera airport back in 2000 and that was one hell of a hot place. the hottest place i have seen in somalia.

As for their development, well i don't know but i do remember it was very empty city 10 ppl were at the airport and their was that 1 big blue ship.

I didn't leave the airport and was only at the airport for 1 hr before on my way to dubai, but i do remember the heat because the airplane turn the engine off and so went the air conditioner and we all sweated like in 10 secs. No joke we finally got out of the plane after 5 minutes and were smacked with an unbearable hot wind.

Blessed   

^It's lovely in the winter months.

Hodman,

It was easy to forgive that little mishap because the crew were a sweet bunch. The service wasn't so bad, actually.