Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Top8 Reasons NOT to immigrate to Canada!

Caveman   

Same of us nomads could relate to this list, those who made the dash to Yankee country to gain more experience in our respective fields after University or College.

A family pediatrician who is currently practicing medicine in Massachusetts area prepared this list. He immigrated to Canada in the late 60’s at the age of 2, but after going through medical school at the top of his class he was not able to find any offer.

smallleaf.gif 8. Discriminatory and Dishonest Immigration System.

Immigration to Canada is based on a point system, obtained with your education, qualifications and job experience. Points are good enough for immigration, but in Canada, they are not good enough to get a job in your field. Amazing, how the credentials that qualify you to come to Canada are the same credentials that don't qualify you for your profession in Canada. The reason is, Canada only wants immigrants to do the labor jobs - pizza delivery, driving taxis, factory work etc.

smallleaf.gif7. Out Of Control Cost Of Living.

From rent, to utility bills, to shopping, to phone, internet and cable bills, to gas, to car insurance, to eating out, to basically anything you have to pay for or buy, the cost of living in Canada has become astronomical. Recent immigrants are astonished as to how expensive everything is. It is estimated that compared to most countries around the world, the cost of living in Canada is on average five times greater.

smallleaf.gif6. Health Care Crisis.

Practicing physicians in Canada are in a shortage, 1 in 4 Canadians cannot get a family doctor. Canadian doctors are leaving to move permanently to the United States. Statistics Canada and the Canadian Medical Association both have identified that for every 1 American doctor that moves to Canada, 19 (nineteen) Canadian doctors move to the United States! Doctors in Canada are overworked and underpaid, and there is a cap on their salaries.

smallleaf.gif5. Very High Taxes.

Yes, you have the GST, the PST, totaling 15%, on practically everything you purchase and many other taxes taken out of our weekly paycheck. You have to pay a whopping amount to the government, out of your hard earned salary, so that the government can turn around and give it to beer drinking, hockey watching welfare bums. Fair? It does not matter, it's Canada.

smallleaf.gif4. Money Hungry Government.

Canadian Embassies around the world lie to foreigners, painting this picture that Canada is Utopia, because they want foreigners to come to Canada. Why? Because foreigners bring money! So after being deceived, these foreigners come. They must bring with them at least $10,000. Canada has an immigration quota of 250,000 per year. So please do the math, 250,000 multiplied by $10,000 each equals a whopping 2.5 Billion dollars that Canada gains from immigrants every year.

smallleaf.gif 3. No Culture.

Unlike almost every other country in the world, Canada has no culture. Actually American culture is what dominates Canada. When was the last time you had some 'Canadian' food? There are no Canadian traditions and there is no national identity. What does it even mean to call yourself a 'Canadian'. . .nothing really. People living in Canada, still identify themselves as to where they 'originally' came from.

smallleaf.gif2. Worst Weather.

Yes, Canada has the worst weather conditions of any country in the world. Freezing cold temperatures, snow, ice, hail, winds, storms etc. From the Prairie provinces to the Maritimes, from the Territories to southern Ontario, the weather is so horrific and disgusting that many Canadians leave Canada simply because of this reason alone.

smallleaf.gif 1. No Jobs.

Yes, coast to coast, there are no jobs. Immigrants are highly qualified (MD's, PhD's, Lawyers, Engineers etc.) but they are driving taxi cabs, delivering pizza's or working in factories. Even people with bachelors degrees from Canadian Universities cannot find jobs after graduation. This is the tragedy associated with immigration to Canada. I feel sorry for those immigrants who are stuck in Canada for the rest of their lives. It is indeed a very sad and hopeless future.

Pucca   

the less immigrants we get the better! its you lot that make this place horrible, what with you're backward ways and all!...good riddance i say!

Castro   

Originally posted by Pucca:

the less immigrants we get the better! its you lot that make this place horrible, what with you're backward ways and all!...good riddance i say!

Hey now. Canada is cool. Very cool. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Miriam1   

Cannot lie, your list is true enough.

A few things to mention though...

1- If you took your degree in Theater Arts from Humber College...YES you will not find a job. Get Real!

People who work hard get good jobs, we all KNOW THAT.

2-The cost of living is ONLY great if you are living within the city. Dont expect to live by Lakeshore and Pay $300 for rent!

3-No argument when it comes to the Ministry of Immigration and thier policies..it sucks, but is it really better then other countries?.

4- No Culture! Isnt that a BONUS?

no need to fit in, everyone is received the same. Once you come here move into your own little community, and khalas your back in Afghanistan or Somalia. I personally prefer it this way

5- The idea of taxes is highly exggarted...after the first 2 months you barely remember paying the tax. The taxes are going to good things. I am sure many of the people working in minium wage are glad for the free healthcare, subsides daycares and low cost postsecondary tution.

Canada is a good boring place. Relatively Peaceful...everyone is calm and stable. It must be that winter that gets into our spines and turns us cold.

Baluug   

Most of that list is true,but some points are misleading,such as the one about taxes.Only in Eastern Canada would you pay 15 % sales tax,which is known as HST(Harmonized sales tax).This was brought in to help the easterners deal with the astronomical sales taxes they had to pay,which were at one time,up to 20% in Newfoundland!In Alberta,we only pay GST(Goods and services tax),which is 7%.The province of Alberta does not charge a PST(Provincial sales tax).When it comes to income tax,sure it's a little higher,but it can be dealt with the same way as in other countries,such as putting money into RRSP's and other investments or other things such as union dues,and your tax bill will be deducted for these investments.

As for the job situation,again that is mostly only a problem in eastern canada.Somalis,and almost everyone else,wants to live in either of 3places:Toronto,Vancouver,and Montreal.So you can expect the job market to dry up very quickly.If you come to Alberta(big cities are Edmonton and Calgary),you CAN actually find a decent job.While they may not be the dream job you're looking for(I know most Somalis want a computer-related job,but so does a billion other people) and you may have to work in a factory(but DO NOT,I repeat DO NOT apply for a job at Lakeside Packers or Cargill Foods,trust me),you can survive on your wages and in Calgary specifically,you can take advantage of the comparatively lower rent costs,or even apply for gov't housing,which does not take much to qualify(you need to make less than $39,000 a yr to qualify for a 3 bdrm townhouse,for example),and some other things,which I am told,cost less than in the east,such as gasoline,utilities,and certain groceries.

As for the weather,I won't even go there.This is NOT the place you want to live if you want weather like you had back in Muqdisho,except for maybe in B.C.,where it rains a lot.

So,in short,Canada is not that bad.You just need to know how to deal with it's problems,which every country has,and you need to know where to live.

I don't care what anyone says. I love Canada!

I can tell you that it is better than any where else I've ever been to (I've been to 3 other countries), high cost of living or not!

shyhem   

I heard Canada has a town called Dildo and if a somali girl is from there,what is she going to say if i ask where from?..........she be like "i'm from ........mmmmmmmmmmm you know yaaaaaa there"

The only thing i wanna try in canada is the women and that's about it.

I ain't yet ready to sing "OH canada" every time we have beer commercial featuring a Canadian beer on the Tv.

I don't need 8 reasons to keep me from moving to Canada. It's Canada for God Sakes

Haters eh!!~,The Next time you Think of going to 'Fankuufar',You better have 8 very good reasons why you should come in to Canada. :cool: ;)

For the Love of Beavers[eh] & Maple Leaves[eh],Leave canada alone.Eh? :D

man oh man! this canada thread is flushing out alot of lost nomads...!

Devilous, Shayem...wonder what happen to Magnoon!

what u folks been doing under cover!! peace!

Pucca   

i see green ppl...how can you hate on this?:

rocky_mountains_sml.jpg

prince-edward-island-canada.jpg

Buchart%20Gardens,%20Victoria.jpg

winterrail.jpg

this place is hot and yall know it! i agree with anyone who says toronto sucks (i hate it too, believe me)I] :D

i love this country eh.