Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A Day in the life of......

NGONGE   

He was sitting in his office in the presidential palace, deep in thought and with his back to the door. He heard a knock and mumbled 'enter' with that cute old man voice of his.

His personal advisor walked in and stood silently.

'What's wrong' said Mr Yusuf.

'I just came to remind your Excellency about your trip to Bahrain' said the advisor.

'What about it?' asked the president gruffly!

'Well, it's in two hours time, sir. You need to be ready to go in half an hour. Shall I inform the security services and your presidential bodyguards to prepare themselves?'

'Do I really have to go?' said Mr Yusuf tetchily.

'The king of Bahrain is expecting you, sir' replied the advisor coolly.

'Can't Geedi go in my place? Surly he can apologise on my behalf and tell that king that my kidney's are playing up again' said the president pleadingly.

'The Prime Minster is flying to Venezuela tomorrow. He'll try to placate president Chavez and see if we can squeeze some much needed grants from him, sir. We also desperately need the help and assistance of Bahrain. Only you can secure that for us' said the advisor.

A mortar landed outside the palace and shook the whole building up. The advisor ducked. When he got up he couldn't see the president! He panicked and ran over to the president's desk. He found his leader cowering under the desk and speedily reciting what sounded like some magic chants.

'Are you ok, sir' he coolly asked.

'War bax! Didn't you just see how I almost got blown up?' shouted the president.

The advisor cringed and quickly straightened up to hide his embarrassment. 'It was merely a stray mortar, sir. And it probably landed in the garden not the palace itself' he said with a composed smile.

'Today it landed in the garden, tomorrow it will land in my lap' cried the president.

'Our forces are working on that, sir. Within weeks we shall stop all these attacks' said the advisor confidently.

'I don't have weeks. I have to go to Bahrain in half an hour! How can I step outside this palace when mortars are raining down on me like confetti?'

‘Colonel Yusuf, sir! This is nothing. You've seen worse things in your long and illustrious career, sir. Don't worry yourself about a few faulty mortar bombs, sir’ said the advisor.

'Well, I warn you, man. If I leave this building in one piece, I am not returning. I don't care what Geedi, Zenawi or anyone says. I am not returning here. Do you hear?' shouted the president.

'I do, sir. I assure you that by the time you return, our gallant forces and their AU helpers would have cleaned the city from all these irritating ulcers on the landscape of our great capital' boasted the advisor.

‘Ok ok! Just prepare my security and warn them that if any man neglects his duties and lets anything bad happen to me I'm going to severely punish him' warned the president.

The advisor left the room and returned five minutes later with the head of the presidential bodyguard.

'Are you ready, sir' said this new arrival.

Just as the president was about to reply, three consecutive mortars exploded against the walls of the palace. In the midst of the deafening noise, one could clearly hear a faint voice screaming the word 'mummy'!

It took ten full minutes for all three men to compose themselves.

'This was even closer than the last one' said the president.

'Yes it was' nodded the advisor gravely.

'Are you ready to move now, sir' asked the Head of security.

'Move where?' enquired the president with a shocked look on his face!

'To the airport, sir! Did you forget about your trip to Bahrain?' said the advisor.

'You go to Bahrain' pouted the president.

'But sir..' said the advisor.

The president interrupted that sentence and said 'I am not leaving this building until those murderers outside are pacified!'

'But you have to go to Bahrain, sir' pleaded the advisor. 'We don't want to make any diplomatic mistakes'.

'It's my kidney, man. Can't you understand? I have a problem with my kidney. Those Bahrainis will understand' appealed the president.

'You can take the opportunity to visit some Bahraini hospitals, sir' suggested the advisor.

'Look, man. I am not leaving this building and risk being killed by those terrorists outside. I saw what they did to the poor Ethiopian soldier and I don't want to share his fate. I am not going and that is final' bellowed the president.

'Very well, sir! Shall I inform the Prime Minster?' said the advisor.

'Inform whoever you like. And while you're at it, spread the word that we're going to start bombing and attacking all those that are trying to bring this government down' roared the president.

Another bomb exploded near the window, shattering the glass and sending the president back to cower under his desk......

NGONGE   

Heh. Xiin, it's just a simplistic summarising of the situation (Somali style) for those that are not keeping up with it all. If I put it in the politics section I would have had to include door handles, fairies and potatoes in the story. I'm trying to keep it as close to reality as possible here. :D

Emperor   

LOL This is one funny story, from the beginning untill halfway the story is amusing and entertaining, the end part thou comes a little bit of repetitions and gets quite boring, nevertheless a wonderful stuff

ngonge! whatever u smoking passed it around!! thats good shyte! loool... i was like seeing this in visions while i was reading it...! i was even hearing their conversion!! weird. :eek:

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Heh. Xiin, it's just a simplistic summarising of the situation (Somali style) for those that are not keeping up with it all. If I put it in the politics section I would have had to include door handles, fairies and potatoes in the story. I'm trying to keep it as close to reality as possible here.
:D

Ileen waad lasocota arimaha :D

Anyways, what flag are gonna be waving now? smile.gif