Dahireeto

Sudan repeals law that let police flog women for wearing pants

BBXAbk8.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Women were at the forefront of these protests — and they didn’t stop pushing for change once Bashir resigned and the military followed by a transitional government took over. After 30 years of Bashir’s repressively conservative rule based on an extreme interpretation of Islam, Sudanese women have more grievances than days in the year to demonstrate.

On Thursday, the transitional government took a significant step in addressing Sudan’s troubled past by repealing a public order law that had granted police far-reaching powers to arrest people for a litany of infractions, including women who were found dancing, wearing trousers, vending on the streets or mixing with men who weren’t their relatives. Punishments included flogging, fines and, in rare cases, stoning and execution, according to the BBC. 

WWW.MSN.COM

It's the latest political reform after the months of protests — led by women — that brought down decades of dictatorship.

galbeedi   

Nothing wrong other than use religion to hold on power and oppress people. 

In Burco, Togdheer they would be arrested quickly and thrown to jail.

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Nothing wrong other than use religion to hold on power and oppress people. 

In Burco, Togdheer they would be arrested quickly and thrown to jail.

In the South they may even get killed. 

Tallaabo   

Islam is abused by the tyrants, hypocrites, terrorists, and the infidels because of the vast man made literature called xadiis peddled as divine law. As long as the Muslims rely on these books for guidance instead of the holy Qur'an, there will be no end to the abuse, misery, and confusion. 

• Thanks 1

cadnaan1   
5 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Islam is abused by the tyrants, hypocrites, terrorists, and the infidels because of the vast man made literature called xadiis peddled as divine law. As long as the Muslims rely on these books for guidance instead of the holy Qur'an, there will be no end to the abuse, misery, and confusion. 

You seemed to have issue with xadiiths

Do you read xadiith books  bukhaari and saxiixul Muslim.

5 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

It is not only in Islam. Read some of the Budhist, Jewish, Christian...interpretations of their books. Me thinks its human nature to go from one extreme to another and never stay in the center.

Sudan is the only country that had Sheria, legal and official communist party, Christians who did not feel aginst Islam, but against too much fake Arabism.

The extreme interpretations were the work of some regional authorities and also the first 10 years of Al Bashir where the competition was with more conservative groups.

Religion regardless of how intense or loose, is a way of life and culture. If rulers cannot use it then they cannot rule.

Tallaabo   
On 12/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, cadnaan1 said:

You seemed to have issue with xadiiths

Do you read xadiith books  bukhaari and saxiixul Muslim.

Yes I do have a major issue with those so-called "sahih" books you mentioned and the likes of them. Wallah the bible has more right to be trusted and used than these thick volumes of Central Asian books of misguidance. And NO I don't read them for religious guidance. 

cadnaan1   
11 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Yes I do have a major issue with those so-called "sahih" books you mentioned and the likes of them. Wallah the bible has more right to be trusted and used than these thick volumes of Central Asian books of misguidance. And NO I don't read them for religious guidance. 

Bukhaari and saxiixul Muslim xadiith yada Ku qoran waa wada authentic la wada xaqiijiyey by all the culuma.

And if you knowingly refuse to accept authentic xadiith than you are not follower of prophet Muhammad slcwslm.

galbeedi   
7 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

and if you knowingly refuse to accept authentic xadiith than you are not follower of prophet Muhammad slcwslm.

6 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Tallaabo is Muslim  but he is a quranic Muslim. As Long as someone  said the shahaada  he is Muslim. And believes in the 5  pillars of Islam. 

Since he is saying the Shahada he is Muslim, but this Tallabo guy is la lost soul. WAxaan Ilaahay uga baryaya in uu soo hadayo oo tubta toosan kuu soo rido.

Cadnaan1,

I have been trying to avoid discussing Islam with this lunatic who thinks he knows MUslim traditions and Xadiis more  than scholars without showing any knowledge. As they say " Little Knowledge is Dangerous". It is not only Bukhaari the so called Asian he keep mentioning but there are dozens of authentic " Muhadisiin' verified by scholars.

Islamic Fiq and Hadiis are a huge branch of Islamic jurisprudence that needs expertise to refute or accept Hadiis or the saying of the prophet. 

The Quran says " Establish prayers" , but doesn't explain how to perform the prayers. It is the Hadiis that explains these fundamental duties. Likewise, the legal rulings that took place during the prophet are binding today testaments. Of course there are fabricated Hadises or weak ones which doesn't pass the rigorous test and criteria the science of Hadith uses to verify. Orientalists like Bernard Lewis and others will use every trick in the book to saw doubts about Hadiis. 

The main issues are that weak Hadith might be used by some politically motivated people to score point or reach certain outcomes. But to dismiss the Sunnah of the prophet which is the foundations to even understand certain aspects of the Qur'aan is a misguided behaviour.

That is all I have to say.

Tallaabo   
2 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Since he is saying the Shahada he is Muslim, but this Tallabo guy is la lost soul. WAxaan Ilaahay uga baryaya in uu soo hadayo oo tubta toosan kuu soo rido.

Cadnaan1,

I have been trying to avoid discussing Islam with this lunatic who thinks he knows MUslim traditions and Xadiis more  than scholars without showing any knowledge. As they say " Little Knowledge is Dangerous". It is not only Bukhaari the so called Asian he keep mentioning but there are dozens of authentic " Muhadisiin' verified by scholars.

Islamic Fiq and Hadiis are a huge branch of Islamic jurisprudence that needs expertise to refute or accept Hadiis or the saying of the prophet. 

The Quran says " Establish prayers" , but doesn't explain how to perform the prayers. It is the Hadiis that explains these fundamental duties. Likewise, the legal rulings that took place during the prophet are binding today testaments. Of course there are fabricated Hadises or weak ones which doesn't pass the rigorous test and criteria the science of Hadith uses to verify. Orientalists like Bernard Lewis and others will use every trick in the book to saw doubts about Hadiis. 

The main issues are that weak Hadith might be used by some politically motivated people to score point or reach certain outcomes. But to dismiss the Sunnah of the prophet which is the foundations to even understand certain aspects of the Qur'aan is a misguided behaviour.

That is all I have to say.

I follow the revelations of Allah contained in the Qur'an for guidance but if your judgement comes from the books written by your idols Bukhaari and co, then all I can say is that to you your religion and to me mine. 

cadnaan1   

Muslim nimada waa la wada sheegtaa laakiin qaar badan oo waxaa Jira khilaafsan shuruucda muslimnimada example

Nation of Islam kuwa sheegta oo Louis Farrakhan hogaamiyo iyo kuwan talaabo uu ka mid yahay ee dhahaayo quraanka kaliya ayaa aaminsanhay ee diidaayo xadiithka wey wada dhinsanyihiin allaah soo hanuuniyo.