Sign in to follow this  
muunad

hair and marraige

muunad   

when i lived in somalia i learned about the fact that women in past generations didn't cover thier hair until marriage, but did you know that some nomads (men) didn't cut thier hair until marraige.

what do u think and if you know where please tell me.

Nephissa   

when i lived in somalia i learned about the fact that women in past generations didn't cover thier hair until marriage, but did you know that some nomads (men) didn't cut thier hair until marraige.

what do u think and if you know where please tell me.

What are you asking? I'm little bit confused here. Are you asking where men cut their hair?

Welcome to SOL hibaq.

Miriam1   

Salam

I am not sure about the men not cutting thier hair until marraige.But I know that, when i began wearing the hijab, I was told repeatdly that there was no need for it until I was married. This was from some women in my family. And times even told that it would hurt my marriage prospects. MOst annoying line.."why? ur so young," u would think i registered to live in a reiterment home. The reason behind, dont know, but have heard (unreliable sources) that the hijab (here covering of ur hair, chest) was'nt widely expected of unmarried girls in Somalia back in the day.

muunad   

bisharoo, i ment that the men wait until marraige before ever cutting thier hair. sort of like staying a virgin until marraige, only it's your hair

Buubto   

Originally posted by hibaq:

bisharoo, i ment that the men wait until marraige before ever cutting thier hair. sort of like staying a virgin until marraige, only it's your hair

Interesting never heard of it b4, if anything special be done b4 marriage was always the girls. a farax not cutting his hair until he gets married :rolleyes: . what century was that? if it is true.

Emerald   

Originally posted by hibaq:

did you know that some nomads (men) didn't cut thier hair until marraige

I can just imagine the tarzan styled hair :D