Sign in to follow this  
Fouzia_Bella

asking for ideas as your sister and a nomad...are you willing to contribute??

hey guys,

iam gonna keep posting this up until i start to get a lil more responses.all iam asking is for your advice and opinion.i think it's time that we should start helping out oneonther, so pleassse let me hear some of your ideas, iam pretty sure there are alot of great ideas out there that ya'll aren't sharing and all iam asking fo' is a minute of your time, that's all.so here is ma QUESTIoN

i believe ya'll have been to cafe's and lounges before, right? well i was wondering if maybe you can stick around for a while and help me out.i don't want to hear anything non-sense, i really would appreciate your input.

ok, only got 3 simple questions.....

what do u think the cafe's and the lounges you attend lack?what would u do to make it a better place? what would you like to see in a cafe or a lounge?

if you're kind enough please let me hear your oppinions and your views or advice.THANX!!!

zynab   

hey f-bella

i know you are business minded sister and probally looking to start a restuarant business right sister. ok here is what i think ,cafes need to havesome kind of atomphere that people can relate to ie; is it cosy then your cafe would be small and have wooden floores, chairs and tables. the cafe has to have a theme , so the design of the cafe must reflect this in someway. in my town there is alot cafes especially in the uni area. they all offer the same sort of food and drinks but what makes them different is there image cause each cafe is trying to appeal to different customers. most cafes lack space and are in small in areas. i would be cool to have hot and cold menu. and they should offer friendly service on matter houw busy they are cause with consumers they wouldn't be in business. i hope that helps.

shyhem   

Originally posted by Fouzia_Bella:

.so here is ma QUESTIoN

ok, only got 3 simple questions.....

what do u think the cafe's and the lounges you attend lack?what would u do to make it a better place? what would you like to see in a cafe or a lounge?

if you're kind enough please let me hear your oppinions and your views or advice.THANX!!!

Answer to- q-1- I think most of them lack something good for the eyes and i'm not talking about the physical structure.

Answer to- Q2- put a pretty face,i mean a beautiful woman in the cashier counter,right where i can see her and come back to see her the next day.

Answer to-q3-A very i mean very very beautiful woman,u know how i feel bad when i'm spending money at the cafe so atleast flirting with her makes the spending worth it.

Changed   

1:I love the cafe i got ........

but it lacks space though.......me and my freinds sometimes go there to have solitude...and trust me u cant have one when there is not enough personal space

2:i would love to candle's and dimmed light at night .........

;)

I think for any Cafe to succeed, One needs it to be well designed, good atmosphere, it has to be lively and interesting place to be and be seen. It has to have areas where people can relax and areas where people can talk and even get to watch anything from movies, football to ofcouse DVDs. Personally the working environment and the way clients feel makes a huge impact. Treat people the way you wanna be treated simple.

2real   

Hey fouzia, one of the best cafes I saw was in the states. We don't have much of them here in canada but they're called cafe houses. It's just a regular house but with many small decorated rooms. Each room has a different design theme. Some have TVs, some have sofas, some are decorated with romance in mind....depending on the customer's choice. And they've cut the grass on the front yard and made it an outdoor patio with a deck. Very hip! especially for the younger crowd.

Lady   

Originally posted by MIZZ-UNIQUE:

1:I love the cafe i got ........

but it lacks space though.......me and my freinds sometimes go there to have solitude...and trust me u cant have one when there is not enough personal space

[/QB]

Most of cafee bars I go lack of space and to tell you the truth that is first thing I look for..when I visit those places

I know it may be hard to get a large space..specially when you opening a new business for financial reasons..but atleast

1-cleaness, believe me the first thing customer notice how clean the caffee is

2- Space to have enough space to breath...so you can have some laugh without irritating other costumers

3-Fresh food..always there is demands of fresh-food..

4- suiteable atmostphere..as the weather changes

One other tip if you want open your own business it is very important to give some thoughts the LOCATION!

Baashi   

I agree with Lakkad and opinionated. I would like to add:

1.Appeal to all as ur customers not only Somalis. Put out an add on the local newspaper and use exotic names like: Qaxwe, waarikoow, casariye smile.gif They will come to taste just don't dissappoint them.

2.Free newspapers and free parking will attract many customers.

3.Consistency! Time: Open/close as u said u would. Taste: Should taste same all the time.

4.Employees must speak the language.

5.Go to Barnes and Nobles book stores or starbucks and observe how businnes is done. They r doing well so they must be doing it right. Copy some ideas from there.

6.Be different than other Somali Coffee shops.

I commend ur entrepreneur spirit. I pray u attain the financial freedom u r after. If u r short of money there is Islamic bank in the States that can loan u interest-free loan. Yup! go to www.lariba.com or call them 1-888-LARIBA1 or 626-449-4401. Read, read, read business magazines and or get new ideas from www.franchise.com, www.entrepreneur.com.

Good luck sis.

lambda   

Hi Fowsiya bella come stai ?

abaay macaan here in europe we have the best coffees specially the italians are famous for their coffees,capucinos and of course esspresso mmhhhh but forget Italy you have to go to paris there you can get the best ideas ,why dont you visit us in europe and we will show you all the nice coffees we have o k .

People in north america love the europian style do you know this expensive area in downtown toronto withthe european touch they have nice coffees and restaurants my favourite one is marche.

Abaay macaan good luck and inshaallaah you will find a good location wich is not too expensive.