Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Tampon Users

“Skip the myth and educate others. Its this kind of mentality which perpetuates FGM in our society as one of the reasons is that a female cant stay a virgin without being stitched, the moroons. And here you are perpetuating the idea that virginity equals hymen presence. One myth leads to another and the circle never ends.

Hope somewhere on the way, you see the impact of this topic and line of thought.â€

That is true and ironically it is mostly women who perform or encourage these mutilations. Perhaps in their ignorance these women delude themselves into thinking that by physically blocking the entrance of the female genital she will remain chaste! How wrong of them! Women are indeed their own worst enemies. Our men do not interfere or even get involved in stopping FGM making it a woman’s business.

The amount of unnecessary pain and discomfort caused by these practices previously practiced by fircawn to enslave the bani israaiil of ancient history is still be perpetuated against our girls.

You can only remain chaste or refrain from a sin when you fear ALLAAH. This goes for men and women especially men. Let us not deceive our selves. With the Islaamic knowledge and the understanding of the biological make up of women we can stop this jaahilyya practices. No wonder Islaam tells us to reflect on our bodies and they functions!

Islaam has worked very hard to abolish the many ignorant practices practiced on women. For example no one woman can be accused of illegal sexual intercourse unless 4 witnesses who saw with their own eyes the actual penetration take place can confirm the act. If the accuser can not bring forward the witnesses he or she will have to be whipped 80 lashes. In other a words a good deal of beating for trying to defame a woman’s honour. So hymen or not you still have to produce evidence!

Wol and Rahima it was really professional of you ladies to have explained the concept of virginity vs. hymen in biological terms. If you want to educate our fellow sisters and brothers just stick objectively to the subject and ignore the irrelevant comments that are bound to follow.

This myth had been previously heavily practiced in Europe and how many a woman has been subjected to cruel taunts and punishment due hymen absence!

Katrina   

Rahima,I'm amazed at your patience with some of the ignorance being spouted around here!! We should all give praise where it's due. I luv'ed the way you've handled this topic, not to mention everything you've said is right on the money.

There's nothing wrong with tampons in fact their grrrrreat and extremely comfortable.

Great job sis smile.gif

Nazra   

^^^ So much support for "usage" ;)

Not that I am against that. Personally it’s a big NO NO NO for me.

Liibaan, thanks for cracking me up :D Even though I had enough laughs reading some of the posts here. You would be amazed to know how many girls go horse riding, seriously (not that we need to start another discussion about it, Naa go and hop on that horse... like i care! break that hymen)

Rahima....Nac nac nac I’m guessing you are offended.

Deals with the whole situation in a professional Nazra manner.

All this fuss over a piece'o'meat....(!)

What's this I see?A tampon can take your virginity away? *gasps*...The shock!The horror!

Soooo somebody tell me.Do tampon users give their 1st tampon a name?You know since it's constitutes for a guy taking your V away? :rolleyes:

Somebody wake me up when Nazra finally puts down the bottle of peroxide....Like totally(!)

P.s Rahima well said walaashiis ;) *exhales*

Johnny B   

I´ve to dissappoint the charming Alexus and toss my two cents right infront of her,

whenever a chick screams , i just get the need to be there.

Intresting topic !!

From the male beeings´s prespective,

we don´t give a heck what you got tucked in,

just don´t tell us to get it for you from the local stroe.

I did once , n i´ll never forget the looks i got from that female cashier and the queue customers.

Jurnee   

did once , n i´ll never forget the looks i got from that female cashier and the queue customers

Where do u live, Afghanistan?

Rahima   

Quruxleey & Katrina,

What I still find extremely hard to swallow is that this is coming from a Somali young woman. I suppose I always knew it was more than possible, but to actually encounter such stubborn and not to mention arrogant ignorance is just quiet sad really.

Rahima....Nac nac nac I’m guessing you are offended.

Why would I be offended? You have yet to say anything worth getting offended over wouldn’t you say. And um.. don’t praise yourself too much dear, you have to have some sort of worth in my books to offend ;) .

Yes agreed. Preferably to your stated location smile.gif .

Saalixa   

Nazra

You shouldn't be worried about a girl losing her virginity. As others already mentioned you could have broke your hymen already without knowing when you were in grade 4 playing elastic..."my mother your mother lived down the street..."hopping up and down...you really didn't even reach puberty so how could have you experienced sexual realationships?

Any how my point is,,,the big fuss should be more about the big HEALTH THREAT this little thing poses. You might have gone to an all girls school like i have and felt jealous because to use a tampoon at 16 was sooooooooo cooooooool! like so cool but really you wouldn't believe the death toll and health risks young girls experience in their early 20's. YOU get blockage of the menstrual flow and clots form in the menstrual passage. THat is why so many girls get severe cramps in their lower backs and uterus, because the blood is not getting excreted at the pase that it should so it just builds. In addition there is a health risk of tampons causing toxic shock,(Toxic shock syndrom). This is due to the material in which the tampon is made from (rayon). It produses the bacteria staph aureus. Yes ... there is the chance of microbes entering your body. From the little knowledge i have aquired from school with this bacterium it can cause a disease in this context because it is not normally present in such areas (the menstrual passage).

So Nazra you do not only lose your virginity but also your health is at stake...so what chances are you taking? NON FOR ME!

Originally posted by Wordette:

.... so that such like the following reaction don't occur;

quote:

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:

Originally posted by Nazra:

Girls break their virginity by riding horses and doing extreme physical activity.

Looooooooooooool!

Is this a joke?

laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif
I hope you get my point.
What are you insinuating wordette?

The responses to this thread gave me chuckles.

Janna   

Deals with the whole situation in a professional Nazra manner.

Nazra,

I was expecting you to throw a heel at someone's head. No action?

Nazra   

"The big fuss should be more about the big HEALTH THREAT this little thing poses" lol so true :D , maybe ‘denying tampon users’ can benefit from your informative piece their.

lol@ Lexy, Hon they say Ignore the ignorant. They grave for attention you know! ;)

PS: You know how you can block ppl from sending you a private message... I wonder can you do the same when it comes to replying topics????

Some of the non-sense garbage :rolleyes: is just a waste of time to read or respond to.

Jurnee   

Nazra:

Ignore the ignorant. They grave for attention you know!

So the ignorant in this topic would be...?

Rahima sweety I thinks its a lost cause, i gave up on her on page three

I guess there are just some u cant bring into the light, even if you try...and try....and try...and try, id continue but I dont want to sound like Nazra

Some of the non-sense garbage :rolleyes: is just a waste of time to read or respond to.

Indeed. Does anyone else find this funny? :D