Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Tampon Users

Nazra   

I can’t believe this... Young Somali gurls are using tampons. I really don’t see the point.

You guys might think that I am over the top with this, but walahi I am not.

Embarrassing moment happen to me, the other day. I went with mum and these other ladies so they can visit this lady who gave birth. These ladies are yapping away.

I was having stomach pains before we arrived their but I thought the stay would be short. I usually get a 30minute stomach-ache before I get my period. My mum and these ladies were looking like as if they were gonna stay over the night.

I had to do something, so I asked where Xalima is. Xalima is a 17-year-old school gurl who is doing her final year. I told her that I’m getting my period and I need a pad, before you know it,,,,,she pulls this huge tampon out :eek: . My stomach pain got worse, and my eyes nearly popped out. I told her, that I only use pads.

I’m quick to say something critical but I didn’t want to embarrass her and put her on the spot and start lecturing her.

I asked her, why she uses it, does it hurt, how long has she been using it, is it convenient and does her mother know?

Thank god, her mother was menstruating. So I asked her to get me one of her mothers pad.

But one question I was reluctant to ask her was: have u lost your virginity??? I didn’t know how appropriate that was. I mean those things are big, and you can easily rupture your hymen and bleed with ur menstrual blood and never know.

Girls break their virginity by riding horses and doing extreme physical activity. One of my classmates told me she tore her hymen when she was doing ballet and that she felt it, and after that she saw the blood.

But I don’t understand this. Why are these young gurls using tampons, do they not know the effects? :confused:

I wonder will their husband notice it and wonder what she used get up to.

So, many questions and no answers. :( I guess it’s this generation who started using it, we don’t know the effects it will have on their first sexual encounter with their husband should I say?

I hope none of you gurls are using it, if you are then don’t cause you can get this nasty disease, and young gurls... It ain’t worth it.

On the other hand, I forget to mention that one of my married friends uses it, well she hasn’t told me... When she told me to get dirac out of her bag...., I happen to see it.

I don’t know if you are married, I think it seems okay.

I know that when I first got my period my mum did forget to mention about tampons. In future that’s something I need to do.

It would be interesting to hear from the sista’s and their take on this, as well as the brotha’s ;) .

Nazra   

:rolleyes: , xishood about what?

This is the women's section. Issues like this exist, and we are here to learn. Not to be soooo childish :mad: and shy away from it.

I remember reading this islamic book. It said not to shy away from these stuff and that we are human beings.

Maybe you should pick up the quran and read.

Just putting a light on a taboo subject.

Maybe one sista, might benefit from me icon_razz.gif

Shirwac   

Originally posted by Nazra:

This is the women's section. Issues like this exist, and we are here to learn. Not to be soooo childish :mad: and shy away from it.

Hmmm I didn't look at it that way. You are right, and thank you for pointing that out to me. I'm sorry.

Another Taboo topic, as the tampon users say a less messy job.

My fifty cents, if your a first time user adviced to try when your on your safe days to see if you are comfortable and no accidents happen.

Make sure you change it often, as its known that a toxic shock syndrome(TSS) can result if bacterias(Staphyloccus aureus) get busy.

A patient may( female of child bearing age approx 90% of the cases) present with fever,vomiting, diarhea,sore throat, muscle pain and headaches. In severe cases hypotension with kidney failure and heart failure has been reported. A skin rash also occurs. It usually happens by the 5th day of the menstrual cycle of a tampon user.

Treatment? first to removal the source of the toxin( tampon or other cause e.g abscess) rehydration, given anti staphylococcal drugs....

As for the hymen, some girls are born naturally without it so dont see it as an issue. What is important in Islam is to be chaste, a tampon cannot undo that. :D

So let people do what they see fit, no need of stigmatisation, just use common sense.*weight the pros and cons* Some people are allergic to pads, get extreme rashes, discomfort...

*my aim isnt to encourage the usage nor discourage it, just passing information, and letting go of the myths, my personal choice is private*

Tampon! i love them they are nice,confortable and so good. i hate using pads i just dont like it, and you can still use it while you are vargin but the first time wount be confortable. pads is too much work and annoying, seriously i never felt confortable while i use pads but tampon they are the shyt.

dont think its bad using it or think why young girls use it go try and see how it feels and dont even think about o im vargin i cant use that, no that got none to do woth ya varginity girl.

Janna   

The guys should stay out of this topic. They shouldn't be let in through the door.

Guys please don't make any comments. *Gives any guy who makes a comment a evil look*

Back to the topic.

Nazra,

You might have some more haters because you have chosen to speak about a unspeakable topic. Another metal to take home.

Why use tampons when you can use the old fashion pads? I personally am against the whole idea of tampons. Why? I don't know. It doesn't appeal to me, I guess. I couldn't careless who is using what so long it isn't me.

J.Lee   

LOL! smile.gif

I wonder will their husband notice it and wonder what she used get up to.

There are other ways dear, apart from the hymen being intact, that can tell whether a girl is a virgin or not; if a girl's husband isn't familiar with these alternative ways, then the girl should be wondering about him. Particularly about his sexual orientation before he met her.

Originally posted by Nazra:

Girls break their virginity by riding horses and doing extreme physical activity.

Looooooooooooool!

Is this a joke?

laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

Janna   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

What is true?

That girls break their virginity by riding bicycles, riding horses.

What about falling off a Gambar

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rahima   

have u lost your virginity??? I didn’t know how appropriate that was. I mean those things are big, and you can easily rupture your hymen and bleed with ur menstrual blood and never know.

Girls, Girls, when will you girls become informed. Nazra if memory serves me correctly you are meant to be a nursing student no? I’m quiet surprised that you do not know what virginity actually is. Virginity my dear sisters is not a description for something tangible rather it just basically means someone who has never had sexual intercourse before. Therefore, you could of have ruptured your hymen at the age of five when you slipped on the playground but still be a virgin. This thinking of attempting to validate virginity by an intact hymen is ludicrous to say the least and is based on ignorance.

we don’t know the effects it will have on their first sexual encounter with their husband should I say?

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but are you saying that a man has the right to question his wife’s virginity because she does not bleed (i.e. hymen is not intact, or she was never born with one or it might even be one of those that moves out of the way which mind you also exists)? If this is so, walaahi this is just sad sad. I feel sorry for us women, so gullible we can be. Women read carefully- you do not need a man who questions your chastity, you are better off without him and more importantly you should not be worrying yourselves with such s’tupid absurdities.

Also,realize that technically speaking a man can never know for certain whether or not a female is a virgin. Of course there are many arguments, but none are substantiated by fact, therefore they remain baseless and basically carry no weight. The only way to ascertain the virginity status of a female is through a medical examination.

There are other ways dear, apart from the hymen being intact, that can tell whether a girl is a virgin or not; if a girl's husband isn't familiar with these alternative ways, then the girl should be wondering about him. Particularly about his sexual orientation before he met her.

So it’s ok for him to of have explored his sexual orientation? Honey a man who is aware of these alternative ways (even if we were to accept them as fact which they are not) then he has no right taking the high moral ground. A sinner cannot point fingers. He should be concentrating on himself because otherwise it is called hypocrisy.

Disappointment would be an understatement here. How I wish I could attribute this to 15-year-old ignorance, but I’m sure all of you are older than that. Sisterly advice- please please be informed and know that which you have a right to.

As for tampons, if anyone is interested on the Islamic position visit:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10559&dgn=4

Nazra   

looooooooool@lexy, my god, Gambar I had no idea about that.

Warrior of light, I’m shocked. :eek:

As matter of fact its just me and lexy here who refuse to try tampons.

By the way lexy, thanks for the tip... I am never sitting on a gambar. lol

nursing student?, was doing a double degree sis, but I’m not into nursing.

I’m a commerce student smile.gif

You got yourself confused, I’m kind of suspicious Rahima, are you a single mother?

Anywayz, your hymen is what makes you a virgin. But if you lose you hymen to a gambar (lolz) or a tampon...still you are virgin who has not had sexual intercourse.

I just wondered what would happen in the bed.

Anywayz, you don't have to be a doctor to know if someone is a virgin or not. It comes with experience. ;)

I’m sorry to offend anyone who has used tampons, or lost their virginity in doing other extreme activities but I just like to keep mine intact :D .

Lool ^^ arent we all intact???

And Nasra why are you shocked?? Me being knowledgable on this topic or you are assuming I use tampons? If its the latter well, my answer is No.

Dear,it a personal choice. Dont see the need to repeat Sister Rahima did an excellent job but a tampon user is still a virgin. Its not the hymen there is more to that to 'lose your virginity'... Oh, just remembered cases of females who are pregnant and still have an intact hymen, are you going to say she hasnt lost it :confused: :confused: And a little extra knowledge hymens come in different sizes and shapes, too.

*I am assuming you still want to hold on to the myth.* All I know and alot of women beleive in you need a Man to 'lose' it thats the way Allah created us.