Sign in to follow this  
somalialover

american society; one child is the solution~!!!!!!!!!!

As America continues its revulsion of industrialization, many things in American Family have changed. To keep everything in their life under control, many American couples chose not to have more than one kid for these following reasons: Today, the cost of raising one child is higher than the cost of raising five kids in the old days. The ungrateful of the children for what their parents did for them. Having more kids has no place in American Society both emotionally and practically. All the above facts create an environment for American couples to have only one child.

Firstly, the cost of raising one child is much higher then cost of raising more than five kids in the old days. When a new child born there are many aspects need to consider by the two parents. They have to reset their time schedule. They will be responsible anything that happen to the child. In order for them to be good parents, they have to provide the right environment for the child to successfully grow up both emotionally and physically. That means, providing the child a good education, health care and teaching how to socialize people in a decent way. All those good things to be done, money is needed. Surely, one can proclaim more children more expenses.

Secondly, the ungratefulness of the children for what their parents did for them, when they could not do anything for themselves. It is possible to see everyday a child disobeying his parents and that will narrow the possibility of one making the decision to have more children. In the United States, everywhere there are nursing homes filed with aged mothers and fathers. In return, children are not doing what they suppose to be doing, which is taking care of their parents and not throw them into the nursing homes. It is clear that parents are not getting the reward they deserve from their grown offspring.

Thirdly, now days, it seems that having more children is emotionally and practically untraditional. In the American Society, too many children will not help one to be view as a successful and independent individual. Why? Because here in America, most people who have more kids are probably uneducated and came from low-income families. In addition to that, housing is one of the most important things when it comes raising a child. Especially in the big cities family with five or six kids will have the difficulty of finding a house or an apartment. A person may say, by having only one kid I will not face those difficulties. Therefore many American couples have no choice but to smaller their family by having only one kid.

underdog   

I agree with you points as it refers to "American" society. but the answer to all the problems you have metioned here lies in the lifestyle of the parents.

firstly, the cost of raising one child today is the same if not less than raising a child in the old days. If you logically separate the needs and wants of the modern family the mathematics are strongly in favor of non-essentials.

Secondly, ungrateful children are a product of faulty parenting and a lack of religion. If you child spends most of his time away from the parents, engaging in activities that don't support a healthy family life, they are basically raising themselves so don't expect any favors when that kid grows up.

Thirdly, I sorry to here having a lot of kids is out of style. I'm not recommending going out and having more kids than you can raise but I hadrly think this is an issue you can discuss in general. If I'm in a better position than you to raise kids than I will...the more the merrier. If mortgages, car payments and student loans are holding you down then you may want to have less.

Another thing you may want consider is that being an only child has been proven time and again to be unhealthy to the mental development of children.

LuCkY   

I totaLLY agree with Underdog but you SomaLiaLover have brought up some good points as weLL.

About the nursing home thing:majority of the time it isnt because the kids are ungreatfuL but simpLy because it is the way they are raised. The American society does not enforce the kids to raise and Look after their parents when they become eLders and cant heLp themseLves(rather they teLL them to pLace them in nursing homes)-it isnt the kids fauLt but rather the American society. The other thing is that the American society doesnt teach the youngsters to respect the eLders incLuding their parents(i mean what they do is not respect)-thats where the major probLem and ungreatfuLness arises from in the beginning.