Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

Somali cinema row turns deadly

Tuujiye   

Shiikh my azz........he is another warlord created by Abdiqasim Salaad xasan... This islamic court BS needs to be stoped and this guys needs to be killed for being the worse warlord.. He went too low..using the diin for musuqmaasuq...waa munaafiqiintii la arki jiray for real........

Y'all should study about this man and his goals. Who does he work for and what are his goals.. Why is he against the new government but not the warlords in the same city with him.. why isn't he doing something about Caato and Qanyare? why why.. maybe because he works for someone.. who know.............

But onething 4sho ilaahoo maa ahaatid asxaabi, you never ask for zako in ee bixiyaan reer aan wax ee cunaan heysan oo tooda heysato..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Yo,Get with the programme folks.

Watching Movies: Bad,Very Bad.

Killing Folks: Morally Good,Very Good

Let me jot that down,... [insert own Graemlin here,please]

Now what is this I read about these wackos doing 'good work.' You gotta be kidding me? What 'good?' Is this the bizarre old world? Good is bad, bad is good? What the hell is going on here :confused:

What we have here is wadaads gone wild! Someone oughta put a leash around their necks and keep close eye on them...they're clearly out of their minds. Killing over pixel ppl on screen. What is the world coming to, this is insanity!

People like these wackos mistake themselves with Allah...what the bloody hell makes them think they have a right to tell what ppl should and shouldn't do? It is not like those ppl in the movie theater had guns to their heads, they were there out of their own free will.

Paradoxically these demi-gods say they want to uphold morality but violate the most fundamental aspect of morality: the inviolability of life. When you have no respect for life's sanctity, you can't lay any claim to upholding morality...in fact you are the antithesis of morality, you are EVIL incarnate.

Baluug   

Whoa there, SB....Before you start saying that they think they're Allah and calling them "demi-gods" and sh*t...I don't agree with this from a first glance as well, but I'll reserve my venom for when I know the full story. Muqdisho is a city ruled by the gun and we have no clue as to how this whole thing started. I remember reading about this sheik wanting to close down this place because they were showing movies during ramadan and he didn't agree with it...We don't know if the cinema owner decided to retaliate or if the sheik started it. And if you were planning to argue like you are, you should have put this in the politics section.

Paradoxically these demi-gods say they want to uphold morality but violate the most fundamental aspect of morality: the inviolability of life. When you have no respect for life's sanctity, you can't lay any claim to upholding morality...in fact you are the antithesis of morality, you are the EVIL incarnate

Umm,chill out dude. You are trying too hard.

Wrong crowd for such behemothic words[or paroxysm]. But ,that was real tho smile.gif

Jacpher   

I think some of you forgot that Socod_badne is a neocon wannabe nomad who advocates for racial profiling of Muslims and believes Sharia laws are outdated and unsuitable. Knowing this much about him, it does not surprise me at all that he now calls for “Someone oughta put a leash around their necks and keep close eye on them...they're clearly out of their minds.†May this be his dream job? Perhaps.

Read here:

“Speaker Elmi, who has just defected from a Mogadishu-based faction of the new government to the Jowhar group, told reporters he believed the killing was politically motivated.â€

“One house attacked by the militia was used during a recent visit by Somali Prime Minister Mohamed Ali Gedi, who belongs to the Jowhar group of the divided transitional government.â€

Did you skip these two paragraphs? They suggest there’s more to the story than just chick flick Hindi movie. Read the whole thing before you make a judgemental comments.

I wonder how educated these overzealous shiekhs are?

In any case, forget about them, why not just have al-qeida run the damn country. At least, there is a methond to their madness.

Muhammad   

lets not jump to generalization in order to marginalize the 'other'. prejudice is a weak thinking that will solve nothing, only perpetuate the problem.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Read the whole thing before you make a judgemental comments.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I think some of you forgot that
Socod_badne
is a neocon wannabe nomad who advocates for racial profiling of Muslims and believes Sharia laws are outdated and unsuitable. Knowing this much about him, it does not surprise me at all that he now calls for
“Someone oughta put a leash around their necks and keep close eye on them...they're clearly out of their minds.â€
May this be his dream job? Perhaps.

Socad Badne,

How much do they pay you to be a

'CHEERLEADER'? :D

Castro   

^ Both you and Ducaqabe are committing the cardinal sin of attacking the man and not his words. If you're unable to refute his assertions, which aren't very difficult to refute, then let it be.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

These crazy fanatics are about to give Somalis a bad name!

Little too late, don't you think?

Senora   

This article raised more questions for me then answers.

The article hints at the fighting being politicized, but only bases it on an attack of a house? Could we assume further that one of the conflicting parties were loyal to the Transitional Government? Or do the allegations hold no water? We also can't strike out the possibility of coincidence.

The article also fails to adequately describe the sides involved. On the one hand you have the Islamic Court loyalists. On the other you have the "local militia defending the densely populated Yaqshid district". This gives the impression that the Islamic Court loyalists were rebels/insurgents to the area. proof of biasism?

All in all, this article doesnt give us enough information that will allow for an acceptable assesment.

I still applaud the sheikhs, no matter what! Some munaafaq's are bound to be found in their midst who are exploiting events for their own invested interest, but anyone who stands up to raise kalimati-laahil culyaa deserves support. They are only humans and things sometimes fall apart. We should see them as people like us who can get things sometimes wrong. But the motive behind their actions is worth everything.

Besides, why are we so worked up about the infrequent mistakes of the 'ulama and not the damn daily and frequent slaughter of innocent somalis by ********ta and their gangster-leaders?

Alle-ubaahne should have an extra hands to tackle the spread of these deadly idealogies against our respectable culimo iyo wadaado. I have to reckon a crusade in defense of the integrity of our people's eyes, spiritual leaders.

Ii kaadi bal aan gaashaanka iyo waranka soo qaatee! :mad:

Originally posted by liibaan:

Whoa there, SB....Before you start saying that they think they're Allah and calling them "demi-gods" and sh*t...I don't agree with this from a first glance as well, but I'll reserve my venom for when I know the full story. Muqdisho is a city ruled by the gun and we have no clue as to how this whole thing started. I remember reading about this sheik wanting to close down this place because they were showing movies during ramadan and he didn't agree with it...We don't know if the cinema owner decided to retaliate or if the sheik started it. And if you were planning to argue like you are, you should have put this in the politics section.

Agreed, we shouldn't be hasty to judgements. I probably was -- my emotions got the better of me. But not having all the facts is not legit excuse not to think or make provisional conclusions. Which is what I did. There is precedence here. Both in Somalia and other parts of the muslim world where self appointed wadaads/imams do outrages things while claiming to be doing God's work.

I was right however in calling their likes demi-gods. They claim to be upholding Allah laws which are delineated in black and white in the Quran. What they did was not what Allah said in the Quran, hence their own. They took it upon themselves to decide what IS moral and what is not AND what should be done to those who break their morality laws, not Allahs...so how is that not mistaking yourself with Allah?