Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Light skinned and beautiful or Just Light skinned!

I haven't seen many people in my area using this cream, because i live in an area populated by light skin somalis...But i don't consider light skin more beautiful than dark skin...Light skin people are lucky in one thing though their facial faults are less pronouced than dark skin...Sometimes, i see a white person who wouldn't look hot or average had they been dark skined...As to myself i complain often my sister that i am getting darker as years pass on due to an affair between sun and me :(:(:( ...But i always think to myself "had I been chased down a dark alley i could disappear without being seen" :D:D cheers me up everytime

Root of this problem for women is two things: Women are the harshest critics to themselves and others...Second, to love ourselves just as we are isn't drilled into our brains from early age...We work on those two and this cream is going to be out of business in no time...That's my 1 1/2 cents on this topic, bee bye

Kool_Kat   

I am really sick and tired of these woman who bleach thier skin to the point where you can see little green vains that look like they got dirxi under their skin...

As a light skinned person, I feel dark when I go to weddings or rubayad...War heedhe ani maba udiidani in ay is nuuriyaanee, nuuriska badan waa laga baqaa...uff...

Things that really scare me are lips that are too too dark for their skin tone, faro madow, qoor madow, indhaha hoostooda (aad u maleysid in aysan 5days seexan)...

Habloow, go easy on the Diana...

Curly   

OKAY PEOPLE ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH

You girls have turned this topic in a *****ing session!

The reason why these women bleach themselves is because of people like you! who are so bloody superficial! For the love of God I didn't open this topic so that, kool kat, Raxmah, LadyMo', Umm_Mehdar and Raxiil can tell us how light skinned they are, or how ugly these victimised women are for only trying to obtain something the somali community values so dearly!. (btw you didn’t all say this)

Nor I did I hope it to talk about the effect these creams have…I just want to know why these women feel as though being light is the answer to everything?! And to let all the other dark skinned girls out there know that Black is in fact beautiful…hence the pictures I posted. Did anyone even make the connection?!

All the Somali women in the fashion industry are actually dark skinned and are considered to be very beautiful by both black and white people a like.

So I guess what I really wanted to say was beauty isn’t about how light you are it’s actually got to do with you bone structure, facial features and symmetry! ( as Thierry said! :D )

Macalin   

And to let all the other dark skinned girls out there know that Black is in fact beautiful…hence the pictures I posted. Did anyone even make the connection?!

I honestlY dont find those women beautiful up there.....now hold it b4 u start sayin i dont find dark skinnd sisters hot, i do i jst dont find those women up there beautiful, yes there complexion is beautifuL,bt i NOMAD,dont find them ladies up there CUTE!..my perrogative...HOLLA,nt coz they is darkskinnd, but i dont find em attractive....

Having said that

let me School you lil' gunners/gunnettes,aight :D

I tell U this folks....whether U are dark or light,one thing i have seen is that IF YOU GOODLOOKING, you will get the PROPS!,i have seen that i noticd that and its a fact!,

How Many white Gals(the lightest folks u can see!)are hot and beautiful? huh? how Many white/light gals have u seen that are darn UGLY?,so ugky that u'd wanna say'DAYM' huh? How Many Darkskinnd folks are cute/and beutiful?,lots and lots; likwise how many are UGLY AS HELL..that you 'd wanna say, 'JESUS'LORD!'lots!......Reality CHECK FOLKS!, why are u blinding urselves.

The complexion of ur skin doesnt make u look good/cute....

Tuujiye   
THE BLACKER THE BETTER, THE SWEETER THE JUICE , THE DARKER THE FLESH , THE DEEPER THE ROOTS I LUV DARK SKINNED GALS. UUUUULA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Senora   

there are a lot of light skinned girls I know to be very pretty, and a lot of darker girls to be pretty...and there are those in between...

i never really grew up with many somali's and I didnt even know that many somali women were using this until a few years back. I became acquainted with many of my cousins a few years ago, and this is when i actually started fidning out about bleaching creams. A lot of the girls i know to use this were very pretty to begin with, and I really have no earthly idea as to why they use this...but it was around last year when i became exposed to the usage...

For those women who use it and say that they are using it for other purposes...well I don't want to start jumping down their throat because I started using this lightening cream for my under eye baggage, and it worked pretty well.. I've had under eye baggage since I was young, and doctors have told me that this is a hereditary condition..my mother and grandmother both have a severe problem with this..I've tried make-up but I'm not much of a make-up person( I would have to put on make-up just about everyday as opposed to applying a cream once or twice a week), and i even tried the old fashioned cucumbers...it never worked, but this has...I admit that there was a time where i began to use it excessively(I'm not as strong as you Hibo), and this was when i was staying with my cousins..but it dramatically made me lighter, and it didnt look right. I actually went cold turkey for a few months...but my bags weren't looking as good anymore, so i went back on, but moderatly..., you can tell that my body is a little darker, but i think i would rather have this look than the dark baggage look

I don't understand why girls who already have perfect complexions apply this....but i don't see the problem if they are using it for other purposes....

So I guess what I really wanted to say was beauty isn’t about how light you are it’s actually got to do with you bone structure, facial features and symmetry!

I believe this,and As Xena stated, we are out biggest critiques, and when it comes to myself, i am very superficial and i tend to over exert myself/ be overly concerned with my looks, and its not that easy to just walk around saying, well I'm happy with the way I am....

I'm sorry Sue, i didnt mean to go off with what you intended the topic to be like, i just wanted some to know that there are some people who don't have perfect complexions, and using this kind of cream doesn't mean you correlate light skins with beauty

Salaam

I don't know y some gals think that as soon as they bleach themseleves they become automatically beautiful...ur either born wid beauty or u aint u can't buy it.The bleach look is soo fake it makes my skin crawl. I knew 1 sister who masha'Allah was extremly beautiful and she was mareen but she obviously thought to go 1 better and turned ghostly white now she suffers from acne probs and all sorts of skin problems...alhamdulilah Allah blessed me wid sight and hearing and i am healthy y should i then go and try make myself 'perfect' when only Allah is perfect. And Allah knows best so we shouldnt change the way that Allah has made us.

Wcs

king_450   

Any women who can by pass the natural beauty and beats to it ,just works fine for me. Fool me but don't let me caught you using it.For the person who classified sisters who use diana "ghost" hmm i have to look those faces very seriously next time around, hope they don't relate to jason.