Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Light skinned and beautiful or Just Light skinned!

Zaylici   

I red, while I was doing research on sex, beauty, love and race, that spanish blonde women, during Muslim( Berber, Arab and other Nort African races) accupation of Spain( then known as andulisia, or in Arabic Andolis) did indeed favoured the black hair and black color, I even collected, pictures of ideal women in spain at the time, the motto of the beauty was the darker hair, the better. Moreover, I made similar, preliminary inquiry, I realised that redness of hair is predominant in Irish communities, I hypothesised, If Irish race were dominant as other Aryan races, then red hair as opposed to the blonde hair would have been idealised. Moreover, the comclusion, that I drew from this introductory research was quite obvious, beauty and love are related to power, whoever is economically, politically and milliterily is stronger is beautifull, there is no inherent beauty, however, sad that may be.

A7LA-SHU   

i only got one idea for those girls.. just buy million diana cream.. and apply it all over their body, problem solved. coz is Ugly to have white face and dark @$$ feets and hands.. i mean do they really think ppl ain't gonna see the rest of their body which is their natural color...... :rolleyes: :(

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Im sad by the fact that some girls get rid of their superb skin colour by appling bleaching creams.It is shocking because in a way you're trying to alter Allah's beautiful creations.Bleaching creams might make some people happy but in the long run , they could get skin cancer.

Women unlike men tend to compete to the extreme.

When I was little ,even though I didnt agree with bleaching creams, it was logic to me that a girl with a dark skin wanted to get lighter , but now even lighter girls want to add a certain glow to their faces.By trying to look alike white girls ,somali women are putting down their deen and their culture.

What I find sad is that little girls with dark skin will get nasty comments from their peers as well as from somali ladies.At the end ,Im not even surprised that some of them will get some confort by using abrasive bleaching creams.

I heard so many stories about women even using cleaning products for toilets such as Javel to get lighter.

My point is even if some people want you to conform to their ideals dont follow them ,be yourself because you got nothing to prove to the world.

Nephissa   

There was a time I brought home a guy I very much liked to meet the family. Before that day I've not witnessed my 2 brothers and a sister getting a good kick and laugh out of anything the way they did.

I'm dark skinned, he was blue black. I was told I could've done better. I swear he was handsome in my eyes, but Cuqdad bay iga gasheen madobanti. Naa ma adigii Madoobaa baa Mid Dhuxula sii keensatay

Anyways, thats how my Light skin male hunting mission started. I married one and my baby is still dark redface.gif I don't let her play outside in the summer when the sun is at its highest.

Asalaam aleykum

Bishaaro I feel for you. Would have killed my bro n sister.

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

I married one and my baby is still dark
redface.gif
I don't let her play outside in the summer when the sun is at its highest.

Beleive all children shouldnt be out at that time. If they are out need to be protected they have delicate skins. Or is there something else you were implying?

Im grateful came from a family with both colours im the darkest being the 'in the middle' colour. Grew up to admire both the jet black and the whity white and appreciate the different shades of brown which we the offsprings had.

The point is skin colour is just a few mm deep yes, if not 3mm. What really matters is who you are. I beleive those who do bleach and change what Allah has given them have a low self esteem. Coz they can only be feel accepted when they r a few shades lighter ,which is absurd. Guess what is to be done is try to tell them that what matters is their character, the way they carry themselves n not their colour. Do you know there are only 3 genes which deal with the encodation of skin colour in the humane genome. Just proves how unimportant issue it should be.

i just thought this was funny and thought id share, maybe the other dark skinned sisters can relate. hell even the short ones.

ive never been insulted for my skin color or meant to feel embarassed about it (except by other blacks who arent somali, go figure), but thats partly cause when i was a baby i was one of those kids who didnt get their natural pigments til much later(5-6yrs old)so i pretty much looked like a white baby with a mike jackson skin reveral type disease. anyways when my aunts and uncles visit me (perhaps they are going blind) they always say how light skinned and (therefore) pretty i look to them. i am a solid dark brown, this is hilarious to hear. funnier is when they say how very tall i am. im about 5'6"-5'7".

Originally posted by Hibo:

DND

Sister I don't think so. I am dark skinned and almost all the women I know.. have bleached themselves and have been trying for years now to have me join their club... nothing could ever break me. I just look at myself in the mirror.. and admire what I see. Would I wanna trade that for a trashy skin that makes me handicapped??? NO WAY. If you guys didn't know... once u bleach your skin u can't cook, get exposed to the sun.... enjoy the outdoor during the day light.... now tell me.. what kind of living is dat???

Not much of one, I suppose. Didnt kno any of that. Well Hibo, I think you are probably more stronger than the avarage xaliimo. I dont think I could resist myself, if both my parents werent in the medical profession and hadn't made sure we understood the damage those creams could do to the skin perfectly.

I hope, the coming generations wise up.

Gediid   

A friend of mine once had this huge crush on this girl who dark skinned and very beautiful.Between him and me we nicknamed her exotica cuz that was exactly how she looked,beautiful,dark and very exotic.To our dissappointment we saw her a few months later looking like a fluorescent light,all hints of her dark complexion gone and with it the natural beauty Allah bestowed on her.Shock was not exactly how we felt but we both were appalled by her change and my friend's crush turned to utter dismay.Now we are both hoping to see her the day when that white polish she applied on herself fades off and she returns to her old nick of Exotica.

Seriously tho that sh!t looks terrible,I just wish women would recognize that too.

Curly   

looooooooooooooooool...Somealien, hey don't knock 5'7 i'm that!

anyways thanks for you replies even though some of you lot are in danger of sounding a little superfical.

To be honest I have a problem with my skin colour and no matter how much I reason with myself I see myself putting myself down.

I think I blame it on the somali people around me who constantly remark about how "different" I am to the rest of my sisters and even when I went to somalia they use to greet everyone with hugs and kisses... except me thinking I was a local and then my mum would say she's my daugther too and they'd say "Oh okay" and carry on talking.

even though I know that to be beautiful isn't just to be light, but if it's hammered into your head from an early age you can't help but think about!

raula   

And how do these women REPHRASE their wordings once you tell them, why are u using these lighting cremes-perhaps something like this: Oh! its for removing blackheads and such...wow! And have you noticed that those that apply too much of it..have this weird, burnt, freckful face...EEEWWWW!

:mad: :eek: Scary indeed!

There is no knowledge of dosage, reactivity status(and w/which chemicals can be toxic or dangerous)etc.

I AM BROWN & I AM PROUD :D;)

:D

Originally posted by stpaulchick, Darman:

And then their lips are dark as hellllllll

looool why dont they apply the magic Diana solution to the lips too??

What are you guys talking about? dark lips are beautiful. Have you ever heard of "qalanjo Af-madow"? lol

I think dark lips are very attractive.

Waryaa, Darman, you like girls to have "af-biijo" like the famous Caraweelo who used to fry male balls for dinner huh? :D

Libaan, they were commenting on the fact that this ladies have bleached their skins but their lips still look outstandingly dark,better to be a shade lighter too as it gives them away.

JASMIINE   

This bleaching problem is out of control in where i live. so many women, and very young girls use diana and other bleaching creams in order to look lighter or have better skin.

what's interesting is that i've seen so many girls using bleaching creams to treat other skin problems e.g. pimples :confused: out of ignorance. This is the only skin treaments that they know of since it is so prevalent in the community....

what many of these women and girls need is education that there are other skin care options out there that would not lead to skin deformation.

Originally posted by JASMIINE:

This is the only skin treaments that they know of since it is so prevalent in the community....

what many of these women and girls need is education that there are other skin care options out there that would not lead to skin deformation.

Very true.

HONEY-D   

I feel sorry for those that bleach their skin. I once met a woman who was ligh skinned or atleast thats what i thought till i saw some other parts of her body, for minute there i thought something was wrong with my eyes you should've seen how her face was different than the rest of her body. do they not think people will notice the change it must be illegal to be that St*P*d. :rolleyes: