Sign in to follow this  
England girl

POLAR icecaps predicted to have entirely melted by 2017, sealevels will rise by 6m+!

Scary eh? And Gorge Bush won't even sign to the Kioto (sorry if spelt wrong) agreement. Apprently most of the his right wing fundementalist cronnies don't really care because they reckon they'll reach heaven where there'll be safe.

This recuurring thing I keep hearing with fundementalist religious people really scares me, it's like they don't care what they do on this earth or to its people, because they all think they are going to paradise after.

I really admire & respect religous people (well the ones I meet), but the ones that terrify me are the exstremists, and they hate each other (calling each other evil).....as an outsider though I see the extremists all acutally have alot in common. Hate, hate and more hate....

Even as a little girl I used to wish we could make a planet for them all to live on together, and let us lot live in peace.

This world is CRAZY

STOIC   

Changes in global wrming is becoming well documented especially now that we have seen the Katrina effects.The question now before most of the scientist is "why the sudden change?".They wondering if it is because of anthropogenic influences or nature taking its cause.The evidence is there but the red tape is there too to cover the evidence. Today the strongest evidence that support the occurance of global warming is the shift of species especially the egg laying migration methods.

Global warming is expected to melt the sea ice and snow cover allowing the more solar radiation and decrese in earths albedo(the ability of body to reflect light).When you look at the figures out today, carbon dioxide the lead green house gas has increased 33% since 1750.Then we have methane which have been increased by 150% from pre-industrial time.

Some climate model are predicting global increase in precipitation and increase in extreme weather and climate events like Katrina.Are you ready for the greatest man-made disaster in your lifetime? If no, then re-vist your environmetal principals!

I left out the religion part because many may argue that this has nothing to do with science and human intervention.I do beleive anthropogenic practices playing a role in global warming.

No not at all!!!!! I just just lead my thoughts on about "hey **** what happens on earth cuz I'm going to a nice after life" attitude!!!!!

I was (trying) to drawing a comprison, The regilous right (christian) don't care for innocent lives when it comes to war, and don't care about the environment!!

And some religious people who are islamic don't care about innocent peoples lives.

But in MY opinion I reckon the religous right in America are worse, but they seem not get away with it, when it comes to media coverage!!!

They 'terrorise' just as much, but in underhand ways!

Shirwac   

Those scientists are the same as those doomsday cults. The difference is scients use statistics to reach their aim. Nobody knows for sure what the weather or the sealevl will be like in 6 years let alone in 12. They are 99.9% of the time wrong. How many times does your weather reporter forecast accurately?

Baluug   

I am with Shirwac on this one.I don't really believe all this crap about global warming and how it's gonna KILL US ALLLLLLLL!!!!!To me,it sounds like a buncha whining protectionist environmental groups pushing around everyone else and making us all feel bad if we drive a car or don't recycle.Besides,what does it really matter if sea level rises 6 metres?I sure as hell ain't gonna drown(insha Allah)!!

Castro   

Originally posted by liibaan:

Besides,what does it really matter if sea level rises 6 metres?I sure as hell ain't gonna drown(insha Allah)!!

A rise of 1 meter in sea level is near catastrophic. A rise of 6 is definitely catastrophic. The rise in temperature may or may not be man made but the rate at which it's happening suggests it's man made.

Weather forecasting is not the same as measuring sea level. The former may not be accurate all the time for there are too many parameters to that equation, but the latter is measurable and it is consistently, and rapidly, on the rise. And even if you're in Calgary and land-locked, Liibaanow, you will feel the effects.

England Girl is right. Some of us worry too much about the after life that the current life is off the stove and back in the freezer.

Elysian   

Originally posted by Shirwac:

Those scientists are the same as those doomsday cults.

Originally posted by liibaan:

To me,it sounds like a buncha whining protectionist environmental groups pushing around everyone else and making us all feel bad if we drive a car or don't recycle.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You guys really think that the ruthless activity humans have had on the ecosystem will not bring any consequences???

Liibaan, don’t get to comfortable with the car, when there’s no more oil, you’ll need other means of transportation to escape future floods. :(

It says in the holy Quraan (XV : 19): " AND THE EARTH WE HAVE SPREAD OUT; SET THEREIN MOUNTAINS FIRM AND IMMOVABLE; AND PRODUCED THEREIN ALL KINDS OF THINGS IN DUE BALANCE "

Brothers we have definitely disturbed that balance long time ago!

WoW these extracts form the Koran seem really sound. I really agree with the whole balance thing, and with the comment above about distrubing it!

Hey castro cheers for reply smile.gif

PS What is the final judgment day?

-Lily-   

All talk, talk and more talk, yet no one is willing to undertake the slightest change in their everyday life. We enjoy our conveniences, so deal with the consequences.The way I see it its pure selfishness, 'I won't be alive what does it matter?' attitude won't get us far.