Sign in to follow this  
Hamse

stoned to death. she cries.

Napoleon   

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that stoning is a barbaric and outdated form of punishment especially for something as innocuous as 'adultery', indeed there is no mention of stoning in the quran and it was most likely originated from jewish tradition of punishment( it is outlawed by jews now).

As for the whole four witnesses, we live in a modern age of technology, where cases of adultery etc can easily be proved with DNA testing, which makes the whole thing about requiring four witness kinda irrelevant.

Let allah(swt) deal with people in the hereafter instead of weak, agenda-filled, humans being judge jury and executioners.

I'd hate to say this, and at the risk of blaspheming, there is a lot of outdated barbaric bedouin culture that is imbedded within islam that should be throughly examined and rid of.

P.s I bet the nigga tiga woods is happy he don't live in somalia. :D

Tuujiye   

Maasha allah Curly and Naden..I really enjoyed reading your posts and I do agree with you guys 100%.. However Naden, leaving the religion and coming back to it is between the falower and our creator..ilaahey wuxuu dhahay anigaa ah qafuurul raxiim ninkii waxaas ka toobad keenana waan cafin hadii uusan marlabaad u noqon.

Kheyr ilaahey wax kaste wuu cafiyaa saaxiib oo wili ninka beeniya ama kan wax dila wuu cafiyaa..ilaahey wuu ka raxmad badan yahay dadka aad la shaqeysid waraa iyo kuwa aad u shaqeysid so ha barbar dhigin ilaahey asaga ayaa ku dhahay wax iga naxariis badan ma jira so yes he could forgive someone who leaves his deen as many times...you could say is a sin to do so, but you are not the judge to point fingers at that person and thats what allah is reminding us at all times...

Gjire, Sxb sharciga islamka wuxuu ku qoran yahay qur'aanka. waxaan oo xadiis dhan waxa ee noo sii fasirayaan waa habka loo isticmaalo iyo sunada laakiin saaxiib waa very important in aad baratid fiq! markaas ayaad baran doontaa qoraanka micnihiisa runta... qof dhagax in lugu dilo qur'aanka kuma qorna rasuulkana (scw) waqtigiisii laba mar bas bee dhacday taasna sabab bee laheed oo wili waqti dheer bee qaadatay.

Someone made a coment about how animals are killed..I really like that because it really shows how wrong this act is walaahi..ilaahoo umadeena u gargaar.....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Raamsade   

I'm shocked at the number of self-professed muslims who take exception to this barbaric act. You should be proud of it instead. Stoning people to death is part and parcel of Islam. As is cutting the hands of thieves (of course, while giving manicures to kleptocrats) and killing apostates. The argument that stoning adulterers to death is not mentioned in the Quran doesn't hold any water. For that argument requires Islam being equal to Quran only. But we know Islam is not Quran only. It is also Ahadith, the consensus of the Ulema and historical precedents (rulings and practices of early Rashidun caliphates).

There is clear and unambiguous authority from Ahadith prescribing stoning for unmarried adulterers. So, Alshabaab must be commended for their piety.

I'm also taken back by the level self-delusion of those who support Sharia but are against this cruel act. If you're against Alshabaab stoning to death today, what makes you think you'll support other entities stoning people to death tomorrow? Isn't it more intellectually honest to say I'm against stoning people to death irrespective of what Islam says?

One thing you gotta admire about Jihadi groups (alshabaab, Taliban etc) and their moral and material supporters, the Jihadi wannabes in the West (i.e., Geel-Jire), is they never apologize for their religion, accept everything their religion enjoins and tell everyone else to go to hell if they don't like. What I can't stand is the mealymouthed Muslims who will tell you that they want Sharia but then go on to criticize EVERY group or COUNTRY that implements Sharia.

Tuujiye   

^^^ saaxiib even thou you do make sense in some what, I still need to ask you this….

are you muslim yes or No? we are debating in an honest matter but you have a different agenda... saaxiib when you tell us that you are a Muslim then we should listen to what you are saying or read it, till then axsaan noofal bax meela kale ka daneyso......

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

^^ Gaaladaan agenda gooni bee leeyihiin waxaana wee ku raaxeystaan...

Jonny ma dhuunto laakiin kan waa dabaal...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Raamsade   

^Yaa Zack, Yaa ikhwaani, you are right. As a non-Muslim I have no right to talk to Muslims as equal. We non-Muslims are inferior beings. But I have rights under Sharia law. The testimony of non-Muslim against a Muslim in a court of law is worth at least half. So half of what I say must count. Now, fear Allah and grant me that.

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

^^^ saaxiib even thou you do make sense in some what, I still need to ask you this….

are you muslim yes or No? we are debating in an honest matter but you have a different agenda... saaxiib when you tell us that you are a Muslim then we should listen to what you are saying or read it, till then axsaan noofal bax meela kale ka daneyso......

Wareer Badanaa!!!

I'm obviously not a Muslim. And I'm dead serious. Aren't you tired of apologizing for your religion?

I'm the last person in the world to oppose any campaign by Muslims to change Hudud punishments. But for that campaign to be successful, it needs better arguments than the lamentable catalog we got in this thread. The Jihadis who implement these punishments cite Mohammed, the Ahadith and the Quran. What do you nay-sayers cite? They'll always win.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Adiga ilaahey si xasidnimo ah uu kuu dilaa waa ogtahay nooh..adoo iska socdo ilaahey ina taree haku mariyo si xasadnimo ah aa u dhimanee....

However thanks saaxiib for telling everyone you are "Gaal" ilaahey haku soo hanuunsho make sure you don't die like this saaxiib hadii kale jaxiima aa kusugeyso waa ogtahay abti Logic iyo waxaasna waxba kuu ma tareyso and does that you call "nay-sayers" will be watching you waqtigaas

Raamsade in shariica law you have no rights in a court because you are a munaafiq who has left the religion not a non believer which believes in another book.. to make it worse, you are in a campain against Islam, a campain full of hatred...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Raamsade:

^Yaa Zack, Yaa ikhwaani, ....... Now, fear Allah and grant me that.

superbly facetious !! :D:D:D

Since, as non-Muslims , whatever we think won't count , we might as well discuss it among ourselves. :D

Now, my dear non-Moslim Raamsade , i think the Dilemma for our fellow Muslims is not that they lack willingness to submit, following whatever priscribed in the " Quran" ( thought it's all about interperation ), things ARE muddier regarding the so called 'Sunnah' ( mores n norms allegedly set by the very link to 'Allah', namely Muhammed ), It's there where our Muslim brothers&sisters have few un-tameable cruxes.

It's there where one can pick & choose , Its there where Islamic sharia leaves much to be desired, as some take some and leave some, contradicting positions arise and that is exactly the case here.

The literalists,( my freind geel_jire, The_Zack & co belong here ) prefer to defend the barbaric act, not necessarily as a just, correct and most suitable verdict in this particular case, but as an indomitable practice that is a genuine part of Islam, with un-touchable reference to Muhammad's own judgement regarding adultery, passed on two occasions.

And it's under this attempt of over-highlighting the "muqadasnimo" of the practice per se , they keep coming across as dull and defensive.

Now , given that Muslims must immitate thier prophet as much as they can, in an attempt to secure a salvation in an afterlife, i think holding to the prophets actions( deeds ) if they contradict with his theory ( read: the quran )is at a striking distance when one is confronted with more reliable 'hadiths' that give the Quran indisputable precedence over the 'Ahadith'.

Facing such paradox , namely validating the prophets alleged words against his alleged words obfuscates the task of being a Muslim , a good Muslim ,which we can savely assume is the goal of our brothers & sisters here.

Now, tell me that we're lucky bastar*s , who skip that kind of Dilemma. :D

Curly   

Originally posted by Raamsade:

I'm obviously not a Muslim. And I'm dead serious. Aren't you tired of apologizing for your religion?

I'm the last person in the world to oppose any campaign by Muslims to change Hudud punishments. But for that campaign to be successful, it needs better arguments than the lamentable catalog we got in this thread. The Jihadis who implement these punishments cite Mohammed, the Ahadith and the Quran. What do you nay-sayers cite? They'll always win.

Raamsade I think you should take a minute to read some of the previous posts. Hopefully in those posts you'll see some of the valid arguments we've stated in contrary to use of stoning in present day. No rational person can possibly deny the proof which has been taken from the Quran and hadith.

I don't think anyone here has apologised for our religion, but I will apologies for those who take our religion in vain and twist it to serve their own needs.

Raamsade I do honestly value your opinion, but like Tujiye said I have this distinct feeling that you're not here to debate about the use of stoning in Islam but to attempt to debunk Islam completely maybe even to provoke solers.

If you’d like to debate about what is the true religion I’m happy to do that in another dedicated thread perhaps but not here.

Maaddeey   

Alla maxaa Gaalo meesha qarsan!.

Ogow ama ha ogaan, haddaad Sharci sugan inkirto waad ku gaaloobeysaa.

The Quran didn't descend from the Sky in a Form of a Book, it was revealed to Muhammad (scw), and it's him (scw) who prescribed stoning to death for a married adulterer.

Weliba Aayad Qur'an ah bey ahayd, intaan akhrinteeda keliya la nasakhin. See below:

In the meantime, 'Umar sat on the pulpit and when the callmakers for the prayer had finished their call, 'Umar stood up, and having glorified and praised Allah as He deserved, he said, "Now then, I am going to tell you something which (Allah) has written for me to say. I do not know; perhaps it portends my death, so whoever understands and remembers it, must narrate it to the others wherever his mount takes him, but if somebody is afraid that he does not understand it, then it is unlawful for him to tell lies about me. Allah sent Muhammad with the Truth and revealed the Holy Book to him, and among what Allah revealed, was the Verse of the Rajam (the stoning of married person (male & female) who commits illegal sexual intercourse, and we did recite this Verse and understood and memorized it. Allah's Apostle did carry out the punishment of stoning and so did we after him.

I am afraid that after a long time has passed, somebody will say, 'By Allah, we do not find the Verse of the Rajam in Allah's Book,' and thus they will go astray by leaving an obligation which Allah has revealed. And the punishment of the Rajam is to be inflicted to any married person (male & female), who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if the required evidence is available or there is conception or confession.

There's one incident that the Prophet (scw) Stoned to death a Jew and a Jewess:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 809:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

A Jew and a Jewess were brought to Allah's Apostle on a charge of committing an illegal sexual intercourse. The Prophet asked them. "What is the legal punishment (for this sin) in your Book (Torah)?" They replied, "Our priests have innovated the punishment of blackening the faces with charcoal and Tajbiya." 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "O Allah's Apostle, tell them to bring the Torah." The Torah was brought, and then one of the Jews put his hand over the Divine Verse of the Rajam (stoning to death) and started reading what preceded and what followed it. On that, Ibn Salam said to the Jew, "Lift up your hand." Behold! The Divine Verse of the Rajam was under his hand. So Allah's Apostle ordered that the two (sinners) be stoned to death, and so they were stoned. Ibn 'Umar added: So both of them were stoned at the Balat and I saw the Jew sheltering the Jewess.

It's not only two times that stoning took place at the time of the Prophet, it's numerous and not only four witnesses needed but there's confession, one example is this:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 815:

Narrated Abu Huraira and Zaid bin Khalid:

While we were with the Prophet , a man stood up and said (to the Prophet ), "I beseech you by Allah, that you should judge us according to Allah's Laws." Then the man's opponent who was wiser than him, got up saying (to Allah's Apostle) "Judge us according to Allah's Law and kindly allow me (to speak)." The Prophet said, "'Speak." He said, "My son was a laborer working for this man and he committed an illegal sexual intercourse with his wife, and I gave one-hundred sheep and a slave as a ransom for my son's sin. Then I asked a learned man about this case and he informed me that my son should receive one hundred lashes and be exiled for one year, and the man's wife should be stoned to death." The Prophet said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I will judge you according to the Laws of Allah. Your one-hundred sheep and the slave are to be returned to you, and your son has to receive one-hundred lashes and be exiled for one year. O Unais! Go to the wife of this man, and if she confesses, then stone her to death." Unais went to her and she confessed. He then stoned her to death.

Stoning to death for a Zaani is 'macluum minaddiini biddaruura', if you negate it then u r out of Islam, Jahli-na laguuguma cudur-daarayo, its one click away to find the truth.

A & T, Xayawaanka in si naxariis leh loo dilo yaa kuu sheegay?, Rasuulka (scw) sax?, haddana isagaa xukmiyey in Zaaniga (guur soo maray) dhagax lagu dilo, midna inaad ka aqbasho midna ku diiddo maaha.

Wassalaam.