Sign in to follow this  
Hamse

stoned to death. she cries.

The Zack   

DISCLAIMER: All my below comments are not about this specific case intiinan i diir- diiran.

I have to say I am with Geel_Jire this time, y'all seem not only surprised but shocked that somebody actually gets stoned to death because of zina (again I am not referring to this Maxruum at all). Is this because you guys don't know about Islam (hopefully your religion) that much that you got shocked of one of it major punishments?

Castro, are you saying a zaani or zaaniyah (that has been married once or more) is not supposed to be stoned to death according to Islam? Please clarify your above post.

Peacenow, the stoned victim is NOT a woman like you referred to in your post, so stop your non-sense.

AT&T, I believe disagreeing with parts of the DEEN equals to disagreeing with all of it so if I were you I would reconsider what you said in this thread.

EDIT: May the victim rest in peace.

Curly   

Let stop bickering about who’s right and wrong and look at the facts... here is the only verse in the Quran prescribing the punishment for adultery. As you can see the second verse prescribes the punishment for those who unlawfully accuse someone (woman) of adultery without producing four witnesses.

Al-Noor

The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication― flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. (2)

Al-Noor

And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegation)― flog them with eighty stripes: and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors (4)

Surah Al-Noor goes on to say...

Al-Noor

Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden. (3)

Which to me would explain that these people should live on...to even marry, right?

Muslim :: Book 17 : Hadith 4196

Abu Huraira reported that a person from amongst the Muslims came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) while he was in the mosque. He called him saying: Allah's Messenger. I have committed adultery. He (the Holy Prophet) turned away from him, He (again) came round facing him and said to him: Allah's Messenger, I have committed adultery. He (the Holy Prophet) turned away until he did that four times, and as he testified four times against his own self, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) called him and said: Are you mad? He said: No. He (again) said: Are you married? He said: Yes. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Take him and stone him. Ibn Shihab (one of the narrators) said: One who had heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah saying this informed me thus: I was one of those who stoned him. We stoned him at the place of prayer (either that of 'Id or a funeral). When the stones hurt him, he ran away. We caught him in the Harra and stoned him (to death). This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters.

Another hadith on adultery...

Imran b. Husain reported that a woman from Juhaina came to the Prophet Muhammad and she had become pregnant because of adultery. She said: I am pregnant as a result of Zina. Allah's Apostle said: "Go back, and come to me after the birth of the child". After giving birth, the woman came back to Allah's Apostle, saying: "please purify me now". Next, Allah's Apostle said, "Go and suckle your child, and come after the period of suckling is over." She came after the period of weaning and brought a piece of bread with her. She fed the child the piece of bread and said, "Oh Allah's Apostle, the child has been weaned." At that Allah's Apostle pronounced judgment about her and she was stoned to death.

I think you would all agree with me when I say that stoning isn’t something that we should take lightly as the prophet (saw) didn’t take it lightly. This hadith relates back how merciful the prophet (saw) was and how Islam is merciful... the man who committed adultery whilst married testified against himself four times as you must have four witnesses as stated in the Quran before the prophet (saw) asked him are you mad? Are you married?

The woman in the second hadith was given the opportunity to breastfeed her child, weaned the child.

The sunna is there so that we can all learn from the way the prophet behaved towards others and how he worshiped Allah...so we should look at these hadith and take away how merciful we should be to one another not to carry out brutal acts in the name of Islam without the proper knowledge and justice.

Castro and Naden

That the prophet P.B.U.H carried out this execution on numerous occasions refer to curly`s post for an example ... the actions and sunnah of the prophet are themselves divine revelations.

here is a hadith which from the Raawiyis I hope we can all agree that it is definitely not a "inserted/Israelite hadith"

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “[under Islamic laws in an Islamic state] It is not lawful to shed the blood of a Muslim except for one of three sins:
a married person committing fornication
, and in just retribution for premeditated murder, and [for sin of treason involving] a person renouncing Islam, and thus leaving the community [to join the enemy camp in order to wage war against the faithful].”
(Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and An-Nasa’i)

I`m curious how you came to your conclusions ?

bilan   

Numerous?,I thought it was only carried twice and both the man and woman confessed the crime were given chance to recant their confessions. Do you have any evidence that the prophet (PPUH) carried this sentence more than twice? I do not know how anyone in their right mind will defend such disgusting animals called AS, you need 4 witnesses to see the act clearly, I’m sure these people were not having sex in front of 4 trustworthy people.

Waxaan is disgusting. Waa xayawaanimo and I refuse to believe that these people who are administering these punishments have tangible evidence. Whatsmore, there needs to be an Islamic court and Imaam of the whole umma before this happens. I'm disgusted that people who are sipping lates in the comforts of their own homes are actually endorsing this, calling it justice. I'm also saddened that we as a people came to this: NO HUMANITY, NO MERCY. Most of the Shabaabs are not a day above 20, yet they're running a havoc in our country, destroying whats left of our image and basically ku tumunayaan dadkan masaakiinta who dont know what to do or where to go. Allah is just. May they all burn in hell for eternity for distorting the truth and spilling muslim blood.

The Prophet PBUH carried out this sentence twice, and tried everything to save the adulterers' lives. He basically told the man to shut up, and told the woman to run off and take care of her child. The two seemingly really wanted to be punished (hence the man kept accusing himself and the woman kept coming back), and this is why they were stoned.

Also, the Prophet PBUH lived in 6-7th century Arabia. Which is quite different from many Muslim countries today, and is different from Somalia. Therefore, some of the punishments applied by the Prophet PBUH, but not prescribed by the Qur'An, may not be appropriate for all societies and all times. They must have had their role in 7th century Arabia, but they don't today.

Curly   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

Castro and Naden

That the prophet P.B.U.H carried out this execution on numerous occasions refer to curly`s post for an example ... the actions and sunnah of the prophet are themselves divine revelations.

Geel no one can honestly deny that stoning was practised but without the correct context people will be killed unlawfully. What we don't need are more hardliners, because we're are all equal in Allah's eyes and we should be more concerned about repenting for our own sins instead of busying ourselves with hunting down and killing other people who might well be innocent. Somalia is already rife with killings, If they really want to change things in Somalia maybe they need to take a good long hard look in the mirror and start with themselves.

ElPunto   

Interesting discussion. Shows you how rare and wieghty stoning is though clearly legal as per the Prophet's actions. Somehow the teenagers have found quite a few people that meet the exceedingly high standards.

Naden   

Geeljire, some believers of the time held in their scriptures that stoning on earth spares punishment in the afterlife. No such tradition or justification in the Quran. That these two people beg for their souls to be cleansed of the sin to the new leader is not an indication that stoning is legitimate.

The hadith you quote is a disaster in its own right but that is another discussion. Re-read it without the parentheses after the 3rd transgression. According to the Quran, you can leave and enter Islam as you wish so where did this killing business come from? We don’t even need to worry about the stoning part. I would say add it to the 298,000 or so ahadith that Bukhari deemed invalid out of the 300,000 he collected. Add this one too. When a hadith contradicts the Quran, the Quran reigns.

I see others are horrified by it but don't question its illegitimacy. Instead, there is the usual call for an Imam or an Ameer or a legislative body/due process. All of those are well and good but won't make it any more legitimate.

You do realize that whomever stones and murders people without haq is spending an eternity in hell according to the Quran. I don’t know what the punishment for cyber bloodlust is but I would imagine that it is a little lighter.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Also, the Prophet PBUH lived in 6-7th century Arabia. Which is quite different from many Muslim countries today, and is different from Somalia. Therefore, some of the punishments applied by the Prophet PBUH, but not prescribed by the Qur'An, may not be appropriate for all societies and all times. They must have had their role in 7th century Arabia, but they don't today.

Wamaa yandiqu anil hawaa. In huwa ilaa wahyun yuuhaa. Surah An-Najm.

And he [the prophet PBUH] does not do it by his own desires. But it is divine revelation.

Sxb, as this ayah proves, whatever the prophet did, it was from Allah. And the word of Allah does not become outdated and is suitable to all times.

As for the rest of you, Zina (only if the offender is married or has been married), carries the death penalty. But the issue is, what's the evidence, who are the witnesses, is the judge independent from both parties. Was due process taken. If it actually turns out that the offender has committed zina, then they deserve the punishment. Hopefully, Allah will not punish them in the hereafter for it because they have already been punished in this world.

Khayr   

By Naden:

According to the Quran, you can leave and enter Islam as you wish while on earth so where did this killing business come from? We don’t even need to worry about the stoning part.

In and Out as you wish. Hell, that isn't allowed in the workplace or in class, so what makes it permissible in deen/religion? :confused:

I would say add it to the 298,000 or so ahadith that Bukhari deemed invalid out of the 300,000 he collected.

Is this the 2010 revision 2000 'Naden accepted hadiths' of Bukhari? :rolleyes:

Castro   

^^^^ This place needs a massive dose of Biif Baaf.

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

here is a hadith which from the Raawiyis I hope we can all agree that it is definitely not a "inserted/Israelite hadith"

quote:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “[under Islamic laws in an Islamic state] It is not lawful to shed the blood of a Muslim except for one of three sins:
a married person committing fornication , and in just retribution for premeditated murder, and [for sin of treason involving] a person renouncing Islam, and thus leaving the community [to join the enemy camp in order to wage war against the faithful].”
(Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and An-Nasa’i)

I`m curious how you came to your conclusions ?
Either the clear, unambiguous and eternal words of the Almighty are wrong or the inclusion of this in Bukhari's compilation some two centuries after the prophet (ASW) is wrong. Take your pick awoowe.

To the “Prove it” brigade Naden, Che, Castro

Geeljire You could stop lumping me into brigade, I asked you sincere question and considering the severity of the judgement passed down on this man, I think it's the worthy the exploration regardless of my sentiments or your one line replies.

Besides, a life is/was on the line and nothing is more precious than that.