Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Got the time?

^ Quite the troll, ain't ya? Am impressed.

Yeah, the man may have been harmless, but there's something really sinister about men who ask women for the time (especially in isolated areas where their approach could be taken otherwise).

I may also be a bit paranoid, just a bit mind. I was probably feeling vulnerable because I had taken a different bag this morning and my knife was in my other bag.

I wouldn't advice any girl to stop and give the time to a man. He can go and ask someone else.

Ibtisam   

:D:D u carry a knife, u sure u are "just" a little paranoid.

yes i am supposedly writing my dissertation, but doing anything to avoid writing anything down yet.

redface.gif :mad: :(

i am going to fail

I get asked a lot but not by people who touch me. I don't like wearing watches much so usually I apologise and they walk away. If I need to know what time it is and I don't have a means of knowing I look at other peoples' wrists. Works a treat. smile.gif A trick I learned while bored at school; sitting in the front it was difficult to get away with sneaking a look at the wrist.

His touching you is what freaked you out. I'd say each situation is unique but if ur internal alarm system is screaming alert, go with it and to hell with his feelings.

^ I kinda do the same on trains, i.e. check other people's wrists for the time. But I never ask, and I never tell.

Ibtisam,

Procrastination is becoming epidemic ma istidhi? My sister and friend are doing their dissertations too and both would rather keep themselves busy doing everything but their work.

So, should I ask how many words you have written so far? :D

Janna   

Its a technique that homeless people tend to us.

If someone asked you I say run like a mad woman and never look back.

Ibtisam   

redface.gifredface.gif :mad: :(

Ahura

i have written 98words; 548 characters (no spaces) which is the question and the first half of the first line in introduction.

by the end of today i am hoping to have written 500words. somehow i don't see it happening :(

let me know if they find a cure, i can't afford to fail after 3yrs redface.gif

OMG!!...Walaahi i'm scared now..i mean...i ALWAYS give the time.......yeah...granted no one eva TAPPED ME ON THE SHOULDA...datz just creepy...but yeah...i look down in my purse, search fo my all-u-can-eat phone n' give em the time..neva thought of is as "putting my gaurd down"...yeah i know i'm not puttin much down being petite n' all..but still....good thing i read this post...cuz next time somebody asked fo the time n' they a lil too close fo ma liking....BAM! ..here come the pepper spray ....courtesy of my big bro...i luv him~

Nephissa   

I am soooo with you Ahura. I walk to my car after work, and I sometimes get off at 9pm, so it is dark, it is a very secured parking lot, only employees can get in. It is fenced in and you have to have a pass code to get in, but I am afraid of my fellow employees. I always have my keys in my hand incase someone attacks me i can swing my keys at them. I should get some pepper spray or mace..?

And when I'm walking alone, I speed walk like Whoooaaa! no one ever bothers to stop and ask me anything.

Urban   

no need for all that pepper spray stuff..

if you sense that someone is following you..do somethin weird...tilt your head to one side, and start mumbling gibberish to yourself, and start twitching in some way as you walk..maybe this will put him(or her) off....

Originally posted by the-urban-hang-suite:

no need for all that pepper spray stuff..

if you sense that someone is following you..do somethin weird...tilt your head to one side, and start mumbling gibberish to yourself, and start twitching in some way as you walk..maybe this will put him(or her) off....

Waryaa, its 2006 & not 206BC. Wtf is this neaderthalic like behavior. Twitch kulaha. I hope you dont give this kind of advice to the female members of your family.

If it was upto me,i would arm all women with Guns. Shoot any fool who tries to touch you.

Pi   

I would never give the time to someone who taps me on the shoulder. Why does a person need to tap me? What the blazing hell are my ears for? Strangers should not make any physical contact with you whatsoever, whether you are a male or a female.

I remember I used to work at a Retail Store a few years ago, and some customers would pat and poke me in "good spirit". I would tell the retarded customer, in my hulk-like voice, "Sir (Ma'am) Pleeeeease! keep your hands to yourself. Thank You." Some would think this is a sign of anti-social behaviour or a sign of poor customer service skills. My bloody nose.

Do I really have to mention that there is an exception to my keep-your-hands-to-yourself attitude? Yes, a certain breed of XX-Chromosomers do not make me livid no matter how hard or how many times they happen to lay their hands on me? It is the exception that proves the rule.

J.Lee   

There is nothing wrong with being anti-social and despite what many people believe (Hitler and Kash) it’s quite healthy.

If I get suspicious of someone-man, women or child- I look my back at them to memorize any abnormal features or characteristics in case I need to later describe or identify them then I across the street and ran like Hell.

It's not cowardnimo but rather taxadar which evokes such a reaction besides nafta way macaantahay dee and I'm just trying to make sure no one gets a taste.