Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Do you pray in public?

Sweet Gal first of all you better get your facts right and don’t base your arguments on I think or maybes like you said here…

“Who ever said this I think it was a moderator or maybe not but whoever it was.......I re-read your post and I don’t see anywhere that you corrected other nomads at all. All you have asked for was other nomad’s opinion and OG_Girl stated hers. If you didn’t like it, you should have kept your mouth shut. My opinion on the post is simple, those who prayed on the plane, have very little knowledge about Islam and no further comments needed.

The whole point of posting stuff on hear is to get responses and when you don't agree you argue cause if everyone agreed..... , sometimes people's knowldege of things make other people learn new things and broaden their views on things. So there's no reason that Action Jackson should shut up if he didn't like what O.G girls said...â€

It would be advisable for you to quote who said that rather than just say 'I think it was amoderator who said …..For that would be a misquotation

If you read carefully the whole thread, you would realize that it wasn’t me who wrote the above but Justcause.

I believe one needs to understand what the topic is all about and try to stick to answering what is at hand than pick on users. You should talk about what you think of praying in public and what you think about it and not preach us on about what prayers are all about. I believe we happen to be all good Muslims and surely do our best to comply with what Allah asks of us as believers. I also know that one shouldn’t impose their views on others but agree to disagree wherever possible. And being someone who prays 5 times, that would mean respect and tolerance.

Prayers are important yes but we have also been given other options when it isn’t right to pray in certain situations i.e. when traveling and in the above case, we are asked if its right to pray in public or not. The above gentlemen could have opted for praying in their seats rather than make others leave their seats probably under some duress. Islam is away of life and we do have solutions to almost anything everything. We believe that when there is no water you can do your ablution with sand and when traveling, its acceptable to pray while seated or salat safar however, in the above picture, no one took that option and in away its inconveniencing the travelers however, if they requested them kindly then that would be ok.

I believe sweet gal didn’t read most of what Michael Jackson wrote about OG and little did she know that a few of his posts where edited due to the unwelcome nature and tone of his posts which included racist tones and hate for Arabs and this where directed to OG. As a matter of fact he was the one who spreading poison around about Arabs and how OG was a 4th class slave. The topic that should have been about prayers in public was turned upside down and it assumed atone of hate and people being called unislamic for their opinions and response. That’s what OGirl was reacting to and not the topic itself.

And when she said

“If you want to hear your self no need to post in public , stand front of the mirror and keep reciting it like Quraan.â€

That was a figure of speech rather than attacking the quraan as you so solemnly put it.

So I would suggest you all get back on track and discuss the topic rather than bite each others heads off. Otherwise I would have no choice but to delete the whole topic.

when traveling and in the above case, we are asked if its right to pray in public or not. The above gentlemen could have opted for praying in their seats rather than make others leave their seats probably under some duress.

Why do you have to assume these guys inconvenienced other passengers to perform their prayer?

and take a careful look at the picture.... these guys are praying infront of their seats!!! they didnt eject any passenger so they could pray..

1103824058576.jpg

Now thats more like it ....you have started discussing rather than criticising which is agood thing.

Hmmm Now I will show you why Im assuming bro...

1103823964205.jpg Do you see the bald guy? Does he look like he is comfortable to you?

All we can both go on are assumptions my friend. Neither of us knows what really happened there. Besides you did ask us what we thought did you?

Ok how do u know they were not being bothered since u seem to assume they were not? You saying you know what is happening to them? Dont you think you are assuming too?

By the way this not meant to be aping pong....I would rather not get into silly arguments here as you seem to be hell bent on doing just that.....so lets just say this would be ma last response to you.