Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

Men have biological clocks, too

Hawdgirl   

Yes, that is right, humans always taught that only women have biological clock that is ticking, but WRONG! Men have biological clocks, too

Mounting new research disputes the long-held assumption that there is no risk when older men father children.

Popular wisdom has held that babies born to older mothers are at an increased risk of having birth defects - but that the age of the father played no almost role in the baby's health.

But now, the idea of a "biological clock" is being extended to men.

Research says that children of men in their middle to late forties are more likely to suffer a list of relatively common conditions, including schizophrenia and autism.

Some researchers doubt the findings outright, others say more research needs to be done before any conclusions can be drawn.

It has been long known that some rare genetic conditions - some dwarfism, neurofibromatosis, Marfan syndrome, skull and facial abnormalities - are related to the age of the father.

I have seen Somali men reproducing well into their seventies with no noticable side effects to their offsprings. But it is more healthier to have kids at younger age.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Ah. Indeed,
Faarax-Brown
. It's only a hop, skip, and jump from being a beautiful,
independent
spinster to a single-mom. Isn't it?

I dont know, is it?

I am not one of those beautiful independent spinisters, Dear Val icon_razz.gif

Paragon, a mom is a mom whether she is single or partnered. Waa ku sidee?

(PS: I know. It doesn't sound exciting enough to tempt a frumpy homebody, let alone a fabulous spinster.)

Paragon   

Valenteenah, in nature or in circumstance?

[edit] What is the label you most prefer? I won't give any suggestion but its kind nice knowing smile.gif .

Paragon
[/b]
: Not a bad thing if they can become beautiful,
independent
moms.

To become an Idependent Mom? Thats almost impossible dear val.

Wait, Independent of Grumpy distrungled husbands?, Now thats more reasonable smile.gif