Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

Vent Room; let it out whatever ticks you off about anything.

Ariadne   

Why do some nomads bring back topics that were not only discussed to death but brought up so much times that we knew word for word what certain people would have to say about the topic.

These are the topics that Im refereing to:

1) inter-ethnic relationships/marriage

2) qaabil

3) complaining about the opposite sex

phew that feels so much better

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by raula:

3. Gals at the same time...think that Iam not feminine enuf-coz I dont nug..excessively..

"Nug"...I'm not familiar with this. Must be some kind of yank terminology. Any chance you can fill us in?

Jamilah   

What really ticks me off and blows the living daylights out of me is my Cyprus Turkish friend the other day when we were at school she asked me why i was fasting since Ramadan was over?

I told her i had to payback the days i didn't fast i heard her mutter "****in hell" under her breath i asked her what her problem was and why the non-muslims in the class seem to respect me more than her? by then we had the whole classes attention and she at once stopped the conversation.

I also hate the fact that my Muslim friends are wishing me to have great Cid and give me Christmas cards which i eventually dispose.

Ariadne   

I thought I would bring this topic back. Hmmmm.....

It seems to me that a lot of the topics in the general or womens section (of course the teens section) and littered in other sections as well are all of that

"What would you do..." scenarios:

What would you do if there was a lion in your apartment?

What would you do if you loved someone and they didn't love you back?

What would you do if you found your "prince" and he was seen with another girl who your jealous of, would you fight her? (Well let me see what makes him a prince when he's caught with another girl? I guess he's just another frog eh)

But, getting back to my train of rage against these what would you do's?

The people that keep askng these questions of what would you do.

Why do they ask these question?

The answer: for fun.

Why can't they be a little bit more creative rather than coming up with the same what would you do crap over and over again?

They all seem to think alike anyways and besides you can't ask originality from drones.

I guess the only way for me to say this is STOP!!!! with these dumb scenarios over and over again. They use to be fun, but for the love of God, do you people realize you overflooded us with those things and SOME OF US have all gotten to the point where we are overdosed and very angry.

phew!

Senora   

I'm pissed i never saw this topic when it first came out.....

but one of the reasons im writing on this now is because Samira just brought up something for me....i really believed that the older you got the more mature you become...but it so not true with my aunts :mad: :mad: I just dont get it....why cant people be honest!!! They see me and my friends at the mall....and the minute they see a guy approach us...ITS ALL OVER!!! Instead of coming to my face and asking me why i was talking to the young man...they go around telling my other aunts and their friends that i talk to "black" guys, and that they suspect that i'm dating them as well....they dont even realize how its hurting our family, the rumors they spread....but anyways....after just attending a somali party not too long ago, a thought occured to me....Is this like the new pick up line nowadays to tell a girl that they dont do the following::

a)associate with somali people,

b)date somali girls...or the worst,

c) " I dont go to somali parties/wedding"( then what the hell are you doing here!! :confused: )...i mean it was ridicules the number of guys that approached me with that same " conversation-starter"..do you think it makes you cool when you say those things to me???you think hanging around your " black/white/latino-americans" makes you better than your every day average somalian man who doesnt mind hangin around his own people???get the heck outta here with all that.....

Oh and why are guy's honking their car horns in the middle of the street to get your attention???what do u expect me to do...run out in the middle of traffic and actually give them THE TIME OF DAY!!!!....

and why is it, no matter how much i think i prepared myself, i still end up rushing to finish things last minute!!!....

ill come back with more later

lol @ princess_sexy

Most of these posts are hilarious walahi.. but i can related to a bunch of them.

Somali ppl are ruining my life i tell ya.. everyone knows everyone else's business in this damn city. I'm sick n tired of ppl telling my mom they seen me around wit "nin-jamaykan" :mad: I'm tired of guys tellin my brothers they saw me here and there doing this and that.. when they're the ones who were trying to talk to me.

I hate the fact that i can't live my life how i please, and that i have to keep a low-profile becuz somali ppl have BIG MOUTHS!! I mean its not like gaalo people call each other and say "hey nancy.. i saw ur daughter samantha with a jamaican boy today" :rolleyes:

Why is it that somali ppl go to these soccer games (somali week) only to "hook" up with someone.. or to find a summer fling.. when they don't know jack about soccer.

Why can't i laugh in public without being labelled a "ciyaal-suqad"

Why is it that summer is soo damn hot and winter is soo damn cold

AND WHY IN GOD'S NAME DOES A CERTAIN SOMEONE HAVE A NAME SOOOO SIMILIAR TO MINE AND AN AVATOR EXACTLY LIKE MINE???

Why in God's name can't i stay committed to anything?? I am starting to think i have a committment problem!!!

Why is it that during the summer time some parts of my face turn different shades than other parts of my face

raula   

"Somali ppl are ruining my life i tell ya......"

lol Simple Woman...I think you live in Minneapolis..so my advice to you is that move out...I have got one of my best friends who got the same problem....I mean she can go to weddings..invited by the way..dance her a** off..but when we are just chilin' at a sandwich shop or some coffee place(which rarely happens) she is sometimes worries that someone in the family or an outsider will be trippin'.."and she becomes the 10'clock news"...u feel me...I just tell her that that's just some bullshit... that she's gotta work it out with her family or relatives...I mean she aint that rowdy of bad at all...laakiin Jamaican ahh...Kadaran...

For me will be the "overproudness" of some somali peeps...i mean it just sometimes turns out to be of racist qouta but they just don't realize it....plz..u aint all that..we all human being..

sistas what yall getting there is called brotherly love! and one thing i am jeolous of yall is having access to a beautiful nomad community and enjoying all that community love.

would u exchange that for place where u run into a nomad once a year! where u never eat nomad food but u dream about it every nite! where u friends r ppl u met the other nite in bar! and when u get sick, u call cab cuz u too sick to drive! naaaaaah

stay with those who love & shydhanka isknaar!

Pixie, Princess and Simple woman,

I totally understand where you're coming from!

My pet peeve of the month :

I hate the fact that some men think they can control or are superior to women!!! That some careers are only for MEN...and woman shouldn't be doing things like wearin jeans and lipsticks..I think that type of thinkin is sooooo outdated and so centuries ago!!!

lool, funny how i can relate to the majority of promblems here. But the folowing are just some i've picked up on;

* trying to please ppl..when they couldn't give a damn either way about your efforts.

* watching generation after generation of somali ppl refusing to change their ways, inorder to be more successful

*(said earlier) ppl who don't respond back to asalamu alakum, for god's sake this doesn't make you anyless cool or whatever

*always worrying about exams, and never letting your parents down

Look for real though life is short enough,without ppl always hatin' on eachother. Plus whenever you have a 'my life is soo bad, i'll sit here and feel sorry for myself' days,think of the alternative.There's always someone worst off.

;)

Senora   

and never letting your parents down

let me talk about this part for a second...why is it my parents only notice the bad things that i do???Being the oldest i have a lot of responsibilities....and majority of the time....my chores get done.....but when i slip up " once in a while", my mother has to act like a "drama-queen"..and my father has to give me "the talk"....my goodness :mad: ...i mean, i have great grades...im pretty focused on the things that really matter in life....my parents dont have to lift a finger in the house...but let me go over my cell phone bill ONCE, all of a sudden im irresponsible :eek: ...let us forget everything else she does, and the "i'm sorry's "she's given us... :eek: ...i mean its like they plan this stuff....waiting for the day that i slip up...and then just let me really have it :rolleyes: ...no matter what i do..i'm constantly reminded of my irresponsible mistake...

raula   

to be honest...what ticks me off right now..is doing all this stats (statistics) work...u know about some bivariates, univariates, chi-squares, p-values..confidence levels..etc...most of all...the part where u got to do the..proc freqs...I just think that its freaks who designed this statistical models and they just wanna mess our heads, coz they aint got notha to do w/their bored lifestyle....worst of all, I have to use this for my conference research presentation. :mad: :mad: ..

Pucca   

:mad: you allow someone to BORROW your stuff only to get them back ruined! why?!! NO i dont want bleach stains on MY top, NO i dont want MY cds scratched, and NO i dont want my hadeeth books returned to me with pages and the cover "missing"!

:mad: so much for being kind to ppl...argh!