Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

Vent Room; let it out whatever ticks you off about anything.

Blessed   

looooooooooooooooooool Samira ... I feel ya sis. You know what I do;

I switch on one of my qaraami tapes and turn the volum up... ama wey aamusaan or they do a sing a long...... they have crazey repect for Qaraami!

And if they really bug U... Quraan ku shid...that should remind them!

Why do I have to work 2day. I am hating Londons rain. I am hating having this damn cold ... and the fact that I have to work.

I hate the way the world is going.....

Why are 'muslims' using Islam to fight their national politic and kill others.

Honesita   

loooooooool@Lady Hustla.....just cuz u're a tax payin' citizen u aint got the right to 'tick moi off'....i'm ticked about those slow drivers anigana.....!!!

Kheyr.....walaalo take it ez.....we r all "tax payin'" immigrants and we got our share of problems....!!!

After readin' Kheyr's post, i honestly realized that nothin' is tickin' me off other than the choices i make sometimes...!!! Also Ayan Hirsi and pple like her....!!!

Salaamz

perfect topic!

I got a pet peeve y'all!! Why people in my town be so damn ignorant??? I don't understand. Someone tell me why this white dude asks me "Are You European?"....I was like... :confused: And I'm like...nah..I'm from Africa...and so he proceeds to tell me that he didnt know that people in Africa are so beautiful...I coulda smacked that silly Mo%#$^%$, fa'real.

And I'm not exactly that light namean...So what the F*** did he mean by European? is that supposed to be flattering cuz I'm sure as hell annoyed with it!!But Why do Americans assume that africans don't come in different shades like other races????????

I hate the fact that when I'm in class, Some guys have the audacity to practice their pick-up lines on poor sleepy me. Why O Why?

And when I order fries from McD's.....Why do they forget the ketchup?!?!?!

Why can't University be free? In that case, You'd have alot more educated people in the workforce....maybe that way..McD employees won't forget the DAMN KETCHUP!!!!!!!!

That's just Some of my peeves.....

I feel so much better now that I got that outta my system!

:D

Ariadne   

Opinionated same thing happens to me all the time. Beleive it or not this guy that sits beside me in one of my classes asks me out of the blue if Im black (when I told him Im from Africa)

Its so frustrating! the whole european thing is actaully pretty funny when you think about it. I got that a few time myself and then followed by "no not european then maybe sri lankan"

"okay if not sri lankan than maybe polynesian"

" no maybe indian, are you sure your not sri lankan" "maybe half sri lankan?" (oh come on I should know my own ancestry better than some moron whos just guessing where Im from and ignoring Im from africa)and if anyone asks me if Im sri lankan one more time I will...I don't know what I'll do but it wont be pretty

Cushtic & Opinionated...ME TOO!!...lol..nah just playin'..lol..they ask me if ma mom drank coffee cuz i'm so dark..lol..(blacker da berry da sweeter da juice..na'mean..lol)...

movin' on...as for what ticks me off..

~I HATE COLD WEATHER, if i could, i would make temps below 75 non-existent

~i'm pissed! pissed! and pissed! at the fact that i have to walk around in a freakin' skirt in freezin' minnesota weather...

~i hate the fact that i can never walk as fast as them girlz wit da pants...especially cadaan girlz..so i freeze even more cuz i take so long walkin' to da damn lecture...n' then be late..

~i hate da fact that my parents want me to cook, clean, wash, dry, babysit and any other chorez in da house and still expect for me to get good gradez while takin' 16 credits in da Uni...ooOOO..i hate dat..

~I HATE ANY LECTURE courses BE4 9 AM..don't they know dat's just nap time for 99.9% of studentz

~why can't i party n' still keep a squeeky clean rep

~i don't understand why, why da hell do ppl (old folks) have a direction connection between what i do wit my life and my families integrity...

~i'm sick n' tired of ppl (especially relatives new to me) thinkin i'm a family friend or dat ma adopted me...just cuz i don't have ANY resemblance wat-so-ever wit ma siblingz....

~i hate da fact that getting close to some1 n' gettin' hurt scarez da life outta me (swear i neva got hurt..funny huh)

~WHY O WHY..(like ma friend lakkad said) are da good lookin', smart, educated, irresistable brotha taken!..(i wonder if therez any left for bombshelss like ma self..lol)

~Why do i have to be shy...why can't i just be like in-your-face, aggressive, get-wat-she-wants typa gurl

~Why do i choose to spend ma Saturday nights like this

~Why can't we have a community like this one, one datz not cyper..

~i hate da fact dat i got so many thingz dat i hate..

~i hate da fact dat imma have to make anotha piss-off list cuz this gettin too long...

itz been a pleasure everyone...lol

(hope yall don't think i'm a nut-job..lol)

Opinionated n' Cushtic: Ya know n' when u tell 'em ur from Somalia.....they don't even know where that's located! Is geography even offered in schools over here(US)?

Pet peeve of the week:

I despise back stabbing people!!! Let me elaborate on that a lil bit more. I have a supervisor who smiles at you n' is pretty much a FAKE. Now when u do something that she doesn't like she'll still go about her bizness n' you'll have absolutely no idea that something is wrong. It doesn't end there. She goes to her head supervisor n' report any lil mistakes that I might've done. Now tell me what's wrong with this picture. I told her that she's needs to drop that fake *** attitude of hers n' be straightforward with me. What she's got is a communication problem. :mad:

Another one is: Why why why me!!!! I have 2 exams of the hardest courses this semester in the same day. That's not all......its back 2 back.....not even a 5 minute break in between...in the same hall..... :eek:

Delicious- Hun your adoreable :D did your mom really drink coffee? huh huh did she? ;) .....thats the most dumbest thing i'v ever heard of....it must have been cadaan folk speaking that nonsense to you. And yeah i feel ya pain when it comes down to the level of work "we" somali females have to put up with and our parents still expect honor grades......why OH why?

Honesita- Ya mind schooling me on the speed limit then....i'm feeling a BIT develish, i wanna feel the air smake my face silly(choking me with my scarf) as the car hugs the crub it just feels TOO DANGEROUS..neva mind then....lol.... ;)

Cutie: I get the indian thing all the time and they deny my claim as an African since i happen to be lighter then your average somali joe.......they be like but what long hair u have :confused: and i be like thnxs but you TOO can get it for 20 dollars at the Korean store down by my block....lol...N as for my complexion..i be like..i use skim milk w/ seaweed as an intensive face mask every other day... :D then they go on about their bizniz and let me BREATH EZ

Well as for my pet peeve....Like Tamina i have a calculus and an organic chemistry final 2morrow morning...calculus @ 8ish which gives me 3 hours to create my lil cheat sheet just before chemistry...SIKE ppl i don't cheat ;) WELL if u may wanna know when worst comes to worst that cheat sheet is my life line alright.. inshallah THO i'll kill them both....well the name part i'll murder i know that for a fact...hehe smile.gif

And why OH why does the cold wind freeze the snow?....ppl slippin n slidin all over the place like figure skaters....i almost broke my left hip taking out the trash this morning good thing the milk man was there and pushed me into the softer snow.....that was a close one folks.....I literally saw my life flash before my eyes....I'M GOING GOING BACK BACK TO AFRICA....the snow is killing me here.

GODBLESS

Iffah   

lool-- you girls are funny walaahi.

I can relate... smile.gif

Tam-

I don't even expect them to know where Somalia is located..so whenever they ask me where i'm from... I say...Somalia, it's in East Africa..then they go...Oooh. :rolleyes:

My pet peeve...

*Why can't Somali events be nicely ORGANIZED??

Even the Eid prayer was messed up... thousands coming out and thousands going in ..through 1 DOOR!! I missed the prayer...and I skipped school just for that. :mad:

Tamina,

You think your exam timing is bad...check mine out:

I got 3 exams on the same day, two of which I have at the same time.

But that's not a peeve..cuz I can re-schedule

:D

RaMpAgE   

wow i was waiting for a topic like this....to let out all my anger...thankz to teh nomad who started dis topic...lol ;) anwayz

1)why can't i score 100% in ma testz.... :confused:

2)y do taxis drivers give me the dirty look :mad:

3)y do alot of somali peepz talk **** ....can't they mind their own bussiness... :mad:

4)y can't i be the best footall player...lol

5)y do girlz alwayz have to complaine about everything? :confused:

6) y do i have to get blamed for everything? :confused:

7)iam sick of the word "

terrorism" :mad:

8)iam sick of gw..bush ugly face...which lookz like a monkey...

i got allot more ...but waste of time...mite as well start banging the wall...to let it all out.. :cool:

Rampage,

You just reminded me of one of my BIGGEST peeves!!

I despise the fact the word "ISLAMIST" being thrown around on CNN. What does terrorism got to do with ISLAM?

To this day, CNN has not given a clear definition of the word ISLAMIST and I think it is misleading alot of ignorant americans!

In this day and age, it seems that the words terrorism and Islam are used interchangeably, don't you think?

ughhhhhh...

things like that piss me OFF!

Feel so much better..glad I got that off my chest!

icon_razz.gif

Cushtic Cutie..thanks for creating this joint...I especially need it this week.

Exams are around the corner n' I need to let some steam off. Neway....

Opinionated you are soo right, I hate the word terrorist or islamists...seriously. For example when no1 knew who the sniper was, why couldn't America label the monster on the loose a terrorist? I remember watching one popular show n' they were interviewing lil kids in VA and one kid said " this sniper is like a terrorist" hmmmmm it is a terrorist. Any1 who terrorizes people is a terrorist. But u see folks that term is reserved for Muslims. Gotta run.....to be continued.

SuNsHyNe   

Why cant I meat the man of my DREAMS?!

Why is it that men cannot be trusted?!

why cant men see me for who I am and not for my looks?!

WHY WHY WHY?!!

SuNsHyNe   

Why cant I meet the man of my DREAMS?!

Why is it that men cannot be trusted?!

why cant men see me for who I am and not for my looks?!

WHY WHY WHY?!!

raula   

my pet peeve's....

1. schoooool...is stressing me out-especially when its almost finals...and my mind set to go on my winter break...

2. Guyz think that Iam almost against 'em when it comes to gender issues

3. Gals at the same time...think that Iam not feminine enuf-coz I dont nug..excessively..

4. My boss...he is 2 much...sick of him and ma job....

5. Unresponsible ppls....

6. PPle who talk much bout themselves...and grool on their beauty, where they grew up(especially those who grew up..somewhere other than somalia...they think that the are better than others....plz....).

7. qouting a line from the Quran/hadith..-scratching the surface...and not following the conditions...expected....Plz...read carefully..and present substiantial evidence B4 you present your case..

8. stinkin' ppl....oh..this is my worst..

chao

raula