Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

A decade passed

SeeKer   

The slant of his nose was still the same. Tall and elegant he reminded me of a giraffe I admired at the zoo when I was a little tot. I peered at him through my lashes trying to permanently imprint his image in my brain, for I didn’t know when I would see him again. Last time I saw him I had just come of age. Brimming with idealist views I saw the world as my battleground and I the general. I was not going to be deterred from my path of greatness by the rumors flying around about me being deranged and suicidal. He on the other hand was a man of the world. Knowledgeable and traveled with a caustic side that gave him the edge he needed to be a mark in this world. He was pushing 42 by the time we bumped into each other. It was a gathering for jazz lovers at the local café. The seat he took gave him a view of the entire room without need for him to swivel his head. Dressed in a Che Guevara T-shirt and loose jeans he sat mulling over a steaming cup of brew. Gulping down the steaming cup of mocha in my hand I slid into the seat next to him. We sat in companionable silence with the strumming of the guitar and the sweet sound of the trumpet enveloping us in a seductive embrace.

Stranger: Are you waiting for the world to welcome you?

Me: I don’t know what you mean.

Stranger: Don’t play word games with me.

Me: I don’t think the world is ready for me.

Stranger: Ha! The world is never ready for anything.

Me: Ok.

Stranger: You should be careful about your thoughts.

Me: What thoughts?

Stranger: The ones you are having right now.

Me: Do you read minds?

Stranger: I don’t need to read minds………….your aura tells it all.

Me: What does my aura say?

Stranger: It tells me that you are a soul from another age, one that will put you in unnecessary conflict.

Me: Tell me more.

Stranger: Be careful belle………..the world never liked the looks of you before and it never will. They killed your kind a long time ago. Individuals are no longer welcomed.

Me: What?

Stranger: Enjoy your coffee and heed my advice……..go back from whence u came from.

He walked out of the café with me staring dumb fondly at his back. Its being a decade and here he is again.

shyhem   

What the f**k has Giraffe to do with Che Guevera t-shirt!

By the way Seeker and Box of Ch must be the same person dressed in a different blouse.

shyhem   

^^yap or else why did u just change where u is from.Remember afew minutes ago it was "Utopia" only, and now u changed it to "utopia mental institute"

shyhem   

^ ^That was valid and i got u'r point.Welcome to my world.I just hope u ain't as crazy as u'r location suggests.

SeeKer   

PhiL,

Hey grasshopper........don't forget to store the grains this winter.

BoX and ricaN,

Glad you sorted yourselves out :cool:

He was my alter ego. The one who did everything I couldn’t muster the strength to do. It was time to catch up on what life had being like for the past decade.

Alter-ego: Your aura is tainted.

Me: Not this again.

Alter-ego: I am merely pointing out a change.

Me: Well a change is almost as good as a rest.

Alter-ego: ALMOST …….. being a keyword in that sentence.

Me: **sighs**

Alter-ego: I have being following your progress in life.

Me: So now you work for them?

Alter-ego: Didn’t say that now did I?

Me: They can’t leave me alone. They have taken everything from me ….my life, my job,My ideals! Can’t they leave my dignity alone?

Alter-ego: (harshly) Can’t you forget Rwanda for ten seconds??

Me: You must be madder than a hatter if you expect me to roll over for them.

Alter-ego: And you must be equally insane thinking I work for them.

Me: What are you saying?

Alter-ego: **scanning the room with his eyes** Meet me later at the spot.

Me: The spot??

Leaving me bewildered he strolled away. He passed a man with a scar on his face and stopped short, exchanged a look with him and went on his way. I sat back nursing my festering anger and thinking of ways to redeem myself. Time will tell. Time will indeed tell all.

You don't have to... from your other posts I was convinced that you are a sister..while in here you spoke of your Alter-Ego as a "He"... Hence me gettin confused... :D:D

See..some of us are not blessed with Critical Reading Skills...

Cheers

SeeKer   

Wareer badaana......mbona rules nyingi. I never saw a rule that said an alter ego had to be the same gender :D

SeeKer   

I just noticed I couldn't type the swahili word for rules without it being bleeped......Whats the deal with that :confused:

Censorship....... it wasn't even close to the word Sh*t (My apologizes for my vulgar display redface.gif )