Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

I am stranded and I can't see a geeljire

Coloow   

No, I am heading to Europe. Yes SNU is a university it is in the north part in the industrial districs. From Orchid avenue, you pass through China town, go under the bridges and the high rise area and then you wal about 7 km to the north west.

I am going downtown , so thanks for the conversation all of you. I have never spent so much time on SOL b4

Hopefully, 2morow will bring about a lifting of the no-fly-zone.

Coloow   

Yes, I will see available alternatives. Somebody was telling me to take the train to St Sebastien in the Baque country, then through france.

Good night

Poor you! It now looks set that you will be stuck in some airport for another day, but look at it from the bright side, at least you can get out of the airport to a hotel and/or even see around the city, whereas I hear from the news this morning that there hundreds of people stuck on the airport because they do not have a transit visa on the country their airplane landed in.

Insha Allah khayr xaaji.

Juxa   

it is kind of an adventure, unless you were broke and your did not obtain insurance cover prior to your travel

if your travel is work related, max your expenses, ask ngonge how!!

ps: Some insurance companies do not cover natural disasters

Juxa   

some people are on holiday and now not expected for another week. since it is natural intervention waa extra paid week

waa idhaaftay lol idhaaftay

B   

Must be ever so exciting to be stranded in an airport! There is so many things to do! Make friends ! The world is not only composed of Somalis. Apparently there are 'other' people out there!

Coloow   

Dear friends,

Blv me it is not fun when you stand in long ques for hours and you are refered to yet another que. The situation is back to Square uno. Earlier today, I was booked on a Frankfurt flight only to be cancelled when we boarded; Paris is closed too.

I am on standby 2morow and I hope it will be a different day.

Regards

Oz   

^^ Are you a mukhalas? this looks like the $10geez deal to fly anywhere in the western countries from Eastleigh, Nairobi. These days they have so many transits, you might end up in Rio de jeniero but you are going to London. :D

-Lily-   

This is the time when books are your best friend. Good luck. If you had made it to Germany it would have been easier to navigate by fast-speed trains to the rest of Europe.

Coloow   

OZ, no I am not mukhalas. I am just a civil servant.

Books indeed, but I don't have any with me. I planned for a short stay.

Some stories from the ques;

An english teacher from London who informed me that she met many somali children. She had positive views about. Great, made me proud.

An english man who says he spent the night at the airport and admits that he smells like bosaneero- but who has still a sense of humour; he thinks it is better idea to fly to Africa for a holiday (cheap) and fly home when the weather has settled.

An American who was surprised that I was a somali and not a pirate.

A norwegian lady who was a sociology professor and who briefed me on the situation of Somalis in Norway (apparently, there were many somalis who because of mental conditions performed heinous acts e.g. a man who attacked passengers on a train)

The Frenchwomen who thought that I was from India smile.gif

Coloow   

Sayidow, saaxib maye ee waxaay ka timid Streatham. She had praises for the somali kids.

Meeshaan joogo bahalkii doofaar ahaa ayaa u badan raashinka laga cuno; waxaan umaleeynayaa inaay ku xumeenayaa ( I sound like the guy who said; webiga wuxuu la walaacayaa amxaarada lagu xumeeynayaa)taarikhda islaanka ahaa ee Andaluth; waayo meel waliba bahalkaa unbaa yaala.