Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

Oh God! would you divorce your wife if she lied to you...

Aaliyah, are you saying people can’t repent? And BTW what is pure?

p.s which surah in the quran says that ie “unpure” or “bad sistah”???

If the issue is she lied about it @Ibti, then wouldn’t that mean he only married her for her virginity and nothing more? And If that’s the case isn’t she is still lucky?

The Zack   

EVERYBODY, y’all seem to be making a lot of assumptions here and there. If the guy saw many virgins that doesn't mean he was committing zina, it could mean he has been married different times. On the other hand, I agree with Ibtisam the issue here is not the virginity (let’s not change the subject) it is about the LIE. If the couple talked about their alaabta-hoose status and he was truthful about it and she wasn't then he has any right to let her go. What I don't agree with this guy is telling the whole story to the world. He could've just divorced her without disclosing her virginity status.

P.s. Change the “virgin” part to “never married” and you will agree with the guy. I mean if the girl said she was never married but later the guy finds out she has been married 3 times to 3 different guys, doesn’t this new groom have the right to file for a divorce? Come on guys! It would’ve been the same if the story was the other way around.

Ibtisam   

^^^Well said.

CL I hate liars, It is impossible to have a relationship with someone who tell lies. It leads to the fundamental issue of trust, you can never trust someone who lies.

AAliya, as long as you know it is your human short coming and you need to work on it, rather than trying to justify or portray as the RIGHT thing. smile.gif Don't worry I was the same.

France virgin case couple 'angry'

A French Muslim couple have opposed a government decision to contest a court ruling annulling their marriage because the bride lied about being a virgin.

Her lawyer has said she accepts the judgement of a court in Lille and simply wants to get on with her life.

The court granted the man's request for an annulment after ruling he had been tricked into the marriage.

It sparked an emotional debate and angered feminists who said it amounted to a fatwa against women's liberty.

According to media reports, the husband, an engineer in his thirties, married the trainee nurse in the summer of 2006, having been assured by her that she had never previously had a boyfriend.

Under the French civil code, a marriage can be annulled if a spouse has lied about an "essential quality" of the relationship.

bbc

Aaliyyah   

Surah An-Nur

The adulterer should not marry but an adulteress or an associatoress and marry not an adulteress but an adulterer or associator, and this deed is forbidden to the believers.

And those who blame chaste women, then bring not four witnesses flog them with eighty stripes and never accept any evidence of theirs, and it is they that are the dis-obedients.

But those who repent thereafter act aright, undoubtedly, then Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

AT-TAHRIM

And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

Al-mumenoon ( the believers)

The believers must (eventually) win through,-

Those who humble themselves in their prayers;

Who avoid vain talk;

Who are active in deeds of charity;

Who abstain from sex,

As you can see above sister Cynical. To be a believer equates to staying away from things that Allah swt prohibited and that includes intimate relationship before marriage. And, ofcourse Allah swt forgives and he's merciful.

AAliya, as long as you know it is your human short coming and you need to work on it, rather than trying to justify or portray as the RIGHT thing. Don't worry I was the same.

I never said it was the right thing to do. Merely, It's my choice and I do it because I am not of a risk taker...

As for you, I wonder what changed your previous belief?

Zack, actually everyone including yourself is making an assumption since we dnt really know the nature of the propblem. It's all about if this was this then this is my take. No one even knows if she lied, maybe after all she was V** and she didn't lie.

salaam

Chimera   

Marriage is more than just the 'wedding night'. It's not the V-factor that attracts a man to a woman and a woman to a man, it's their personal characteristics and looks that make your knees feel weak. The fact that people don't have V-radars and can't spot one when they see one makes it clear that there is no difference between a V and a non-V when it comes to looks and characteristics. So what's point of divorcing if it's the latter features that made you fall in love in the first place?. They are still there even when you find out he/she is not a V. That the same person lied about it is only evidence of their attachement to you, cause i personally would tell a LIE too, if it prevented me from losing the person i like.(but i would advice everyone to atleast take a HIV test just so the lie that was told to you does not become a fatal one)

C&H seriously your relative's brothers have to visit this guy and stomp him!

The Zack   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Zack, actually everyone including yourself is making an assumption since we dnt really know the nature of the propblem. It's all about if this was this then this is my take. No one even knows if she lied, maybe after all she was V** and she didn't lie.

salaam

Aaliyah, You said this:

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

As this guy obviously was not a good man...

How can a brother who slept around expect to find a clean good sister? ....that just gets to me...

kualaha I been with so many v**...the guts!!

salaam

You assumed that these other girls he slept with were not his wives. I never made any assumptions, I pointed out it may not be as bad as you guys are making it sound like. ( There is a negative assumption and a positive assumption lol.)

Aaliyyah   

whats the chance that he was married several times? gimme a break ... icon_razz.gif

Anyhow we are all assuming, You assumed the girl lied? how do you know she lied? and is that not a negative assumption?

salaam

She was deceptive, she deserves whatever she got.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

No blood, no original! The man is right to refuse to buy used clothes. If they discussed about it before, it shouldn't be a problem.

Imagine, you go to a shop and ask for a new shirt. you are given a packed one, only to see later at home that it has marks of pen prints near the top pocket. Apparently, it belonged to an executive manager who gave it to charity and it ended up on the shelves of the shop via the hands of cheats.

If she was thinking of fooling her man, she should have married a novince Xeroow, not a seasoned rider.

lol.

The Zack   

Aaliyah, The guys said the girl lied, it may not be true, but I didn't assume I have been told so. Now, tell me who said the guy was sleeping around with girls illegally? All he said was he has seen many virgins. So yes, you made an assumption, admit it huuno.

If she fornicated and lied, then yes, he has every right to divorce her.

If she didn't, then Allah swt is aware of everything. As for him asking for a divorce, well maybe it's a blessing in disguise and inshallah Allah swt will bless her with a god fearing, pious, practasing brother.

Over all 'After hardship will always come ease' :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Farancab:

I can't understand a single one of you today!

But a hug to Kuusha nonetheless
smile.gif

Maandhoow islaantaan hug uma baahnee, bakeeri shaax kulu oo ranji ah baanka jeclaanlahaa taas... :D