Sign in to follow this  
Guhaad

Is this GUY crazy, hrazy, or neither

Khalaf   

The irony in this debate. Brothers are against it, sisters are for it-who could've imagined. I guess we learn new things everyday.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Were you taken aback by how Amelia dismissed me as an utter rubbish?

I wasnt dismissing you and most certainly not as rubbish. I apologise if you felt so. rosesmiley.gif

Friends?

lol@Sheh. You can’t concede that I have a point, eh. You see I explained my objections, and unlike you, I pointed to a better approach than this better-a-mouse-in-the-pot-than-no-meat-at-all that you’re applauding to. And do you think that you are a head of the pack by pointing to my usage of the ‘thing’ word, as if capitalizing it makes out of it something to be ashamed? Do you find modest to be my Achilles’ heel? Oh what a disappointment yaa Sheh! If you ever bother to respond try to apprehend the points I raised, or as our fellow Pi says roll over in agreement .

You know I have no wounds to hide, nor do I particularly feel guilty of other people’s wounds as I never had a hand in it. The culture is ours. It does not belong to Xiin only. Very elementary, I know. But I felt to have you reminded before you give us another dose of shame this, shame that mantra. Repeat it, if you so wish, but shame and embarrassment is not an issue for me. It’s more about ineffectiveness and Anshaxumo than its shame or embarrassment, good sister. You still have not answered my question though: why do you think that wounded thing needs to be displayed? Can we not address this issue without drawing a female’s private part? Do we not have moorings to hold on to yaa Sheh?

Think about a little bit more, and bonder before you respond. You have shown us admirable intellectual capacity, and I know you can indeed do better than this.

[Edit]: Xoogsade, I liked the principle. I thought it was witty of you to explain it in that light. Amelia means no harm, you know!

well, lemme say this! america is a different world 4 sure! anything is 4 sales specially your dignity! they just love to glow at others indifferences, even though they clueless about it.

so brother didnt have no other talent but to dizz his own! well aint that a hoot! as the saying goes, well u get the picture!!

i cant believe some moran with this type of education will exchange his mothers/sista dignity for a the buck!! somethings need to be just respected!!

what a freaking low life!!!!! :confused:

Xoogsade   

Sheherazade,

If some individual or groups of people make the effort and address the issue, and they are doing that out of sincerity, without seeking fame or denegrading Somalis, much power to them. I surely agree with their project. It is just for personal reasons that I don't want to discuss the subject with people or make it a project of my own. Where I wield influence, of course, a girl would not be going through the knife. But where I share the responsibility collectively as You, Ahura and every other somali is, my word in an opportune way will suffice it. Anti FGM voices had been raised in the country before and most residents in Muqdisho who were educated opted for a lesser practice they called Sunnah(although there is no sunnah circumcision for girls in islam). I constantly hear from my religious relatives(the guys) how they want to marry a sunnah girl(meaning midaan la taaban lol), so definitely, Somalis have awareness of the issue lately even back in the country. The practice will take long time to uproot but the wind of change had been there way before Ugly Ayan and her likes came into the scene inundating us with hateful voices.

Ahura

Your embarrassment and shame is of no importance. Your ineffectual rantings are too little, too late.

:D:D:D It would be nice if every girl had some balls like yours.

Amelia

Thanks. You have fallen into my trap. You gave me what I was aiming at, the "sweet apology" and a "flower". Just shows how nice you are. Thanks thousand times and I was never offended honestly. Anyone who read what you wrote could tell you were joking dear.

Xiin, thanks saxib.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Ahura

quote:Your embarrassment and shame is of no importance. Your ineffectual rantings are too little, too late.

:D:D:D
It would be nice if every girl had some
balls
like yours.
The balls are on loan. They are actually overdue and I have been receiving threating letters asking for them back from their owner.

I have no intention of returning them tho. Mwahahahahhaha....

Hayat   

i can't believe i missed this topic. what is even more unbelievable is the stances women are taking on this. this is by far the most atrocoius thing ever!! disgusting, its violation of womens right!!

tell me what bloody notion will he install with such picture?, that its ugly?, that's bad?

what fiflth. Guys, you know what you are the only ones with a sense of decency, WOMEN, never repeat the likeof. and don't you start with the "freedom of speech" bullshit. if somalia does get reformed i hope that such act gets reformed along with it!! but i sure pray that "dictatorship" continues if women's understanding of freedom of speech has become like this today.

Somali people are prized for their endurance, their pride, their identity(you don't see much countries that are 99% muslim with the same culture and way of life), this pathetic sole has just diminished everything that our ancestors have worked for, and i should stress this point "died for". What stain has he marked on our reputation. yeah bloody hell FMG is horrible, do we really need to "see" how horrible. Does this creature have no females in his family. daughter.aunty. he has to has a mother most definitely, where the hell will he find inspiration!!........

do we not wear HiJABS, so that we may not be annoyed, now what the hell will run through the minds of a non-muslim when the next hijabified chic replies that she is from somalia..............something along the lines of " i know why she wears this long clothes"......*sends reply with tummy churning* phreharps i am going to PUCK!!

-Lily-   

Just how many Americans read? :D I doubt they will buy it in their masses.

Xoogsade, first they demand a FGM woman, now they all want an 'untouchted' woman like you say. What an outrage! I feel sorry for these girls wallahi.

I think we can all agree that the displaying of these pictures are distasteful, no?

Hayat   

Kafaxiyye:

i am surprised the sisters were not offended or outraged at the drawing by the author. I was bothered by this drawing because it seemed like it was not intended to show the severity of the problem or to stop its recurrency but to freely display, mostly in search of recognition, these pictures to people it does not concern. that is why i ask what good this pictures will do in American offices, schools, and work places except embarrass us and our sisters, like we haven't had enough or suffered even more.

i think my pasionate outcry was effective, considering Zafirs suggestion.

yes Zafir, how very thoughful.

Xoogsade   

WaterLily, How about if a man had no hand in pervading this condemned practice? will his choice of a woman be discriminatory?(This is not about me, I swear, just asking). I don't believe all somali males contributed to this and it is largely driven by the cultural machination.

Ahura, I let you enjoy tobal-caarada ;) but just to reassure you, I find you fit to challenge me without them in case you decide to return them back to the owner.

-Lily-   

I don't believe all somali males contributed to this and it is largely driven by the cultural machination.

Xoogsade, I don't think women enjoy mutilating each other. They are/were under the impression that it's what pleases men, and an unmutilated girl would never have secured a husband. Thus, men have EVERYTHING to do with it. But we can't pin point individuals. Now certain men who have come to these countries, demand or indicate that they would prefer ‘natural’ women, whilst those who went through it all are rejected because men have 'changed their minds’. The irony & tragedy of it all.

I am not condeming personal choice, however, it seems women loose out twice.

Jamilah   

Originally posted by ViBe:

i can't believe i missed this topic. what is even more unbelievable is the stances women are taking on this. this is by far the most atrocoius thing ever!! disgusting, its violation of womens right!!

tell me what bloody notion will he install with such picture?, that its ugly?, that's bad?

what fiflth. Guys, you know what you are the only ones with a sense of decency, WOMEN, never repeat the likeof. and don't you start with the "freedom of speech" bullshit. if somalia does get reformed i hope that such act gets reformed along with it!! but i sure pray that "dictatorship" continues if women's understanding of freedom of speech has become like this today.

Somali people are prized for their endurance, their pride, their identity(you don't see much countries that are 99% muslim with the same culture and way of life), this pathetic sole has just diminished everything that our ancestors have worked for, and i should stress this point "died for". What stain has he marked on our reputation. yeah bloody hell FMG is horrible, do we really need to "see" how horrible. Does this creature have no females in his family. daughter.aunty. he has to has a mother most definitely, where the hell will he find inspiration!!........

do we not wear HiJABS, so that we may not be annoyed, now what the hell will run through the minds of a non-muslim when the next hijabified chic replies that she is from somalia..............something along the lines of " i know why she wears this long clothes"......*sends reply with tummy churning* phreharps i am going to PUCK!!

I agree with you Vibe 100%, isn’t it just revolting? Honestly its times like these when I do not want to be associated with Somali girls ‘and their peculiar mentality or "reasoning".

Hayat   

Jamilah:

Honestly its times like these when I do not want to be associated with Somali girls ‘and their peculiar mentality or "reasoning".

could not have said it any better. i mean consider waterlily's "reasoning"

Just how many Americans read? I doubt they will buy it in their masses.

Just how many Americans read? I doubt they will buy it in their masses.

(posted quote twice, to emphasise the absurdity of such notion). that is besides the point, its not the mere fact that people will not buy it in their masses, put the primitive implications behind such conduct.like how the hell is this book going to create the cultrual atmosphere that such practice is not "good". childish. imagine such text becomes accessible to schools only to be a compulsary text which will be studied in years time?. yes i guess we will not be able to turn back time. pity.