Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Letting go...

Malika   

Xalimopatra;

One of Toni Braxton songs comes to mind, “How could an angle break my heart!” darn that was a hard song to listen to ..Lol. .For a few years I walked around with a wounded heart, a crying soul. How could he have been the perfect one at one moment and not at another moment, were has the 100% love gone, I wasn’t going to accept the 10% nor the 20% that was on offer at the time I walked away. Only through a lot of self searching I came out of the wilderness and embraced myself. I forgave myself and accepted he was only human nothing special but only a mere human being with flaws to match his humanness.

There is a saying in Swahili which goes “Ukubwa una mambo” which basically translates as “Growing pains”. You my dear is going through a process of growing spiritually. You have made a mile stone in the journey to knowing one self and appreciating one self. When we finally figure out what we want and how we want it, it means we are closer to oneness with our selves without the influence of others. [i am making assumptions here; you were talking of a love relationship]

If you’re finding it difficult to let go, it usually means there are unfinished business with the person. There might be regrets of choices while in the relationships or feelings of guilt about the relationship. One can some times be consumed by anger, which can be destruction to betterment. Its double difficult if the person is still among your circle of friends or relatives. But it can be done, you can move on. He or she or they weren’t born with you nor will they die with you, they were just those you were meant to cross paths with within your journey in life.

My ayeeyo, always says those married seven times are better off, then those living in misery.[i just couldnt write that in Somali without making a fool of myself..Lol] :D

Juxa   

XP, life is for living abaayo and if it does not kill you it makes you stronger.

I totally agree with you, you should let it all go and cut the dead weight (as anne robinson would say). dont waste your waqti with second guessing yourself, regretting or analysing things of the past.

put on your indho-kuul, lip gloss isku jiid and like the queen you are hold your head high. insha allah, if one door closes 100 baa furanta as my ayeeyo used to say.

big hug to you and waa inoo markale in long forgotten avenue:)

NGONGE   

This is exactly what happened to our friend Northerner. I have been trying to convince him to let go but he still refuses. You see, all his life, he has been in love with this round beauty and was always trying to spend all his time with her. Even his friends and family (and now I hear his wife) got sick of hearing about her. I even suspect that he talks about her in his sleep you know!

Well, north still refuses to let go. He still dresses up on the days he goes to meet her. When they meet, he caresses her, plays with her, occasionally kisses her and sometimes kicks her! He still tells the world about her. In fact, he sometimes talks to complete strangers about her. Can you imagine!

Somebody please tell him he's too old to play football. :D

nuune   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^
:D

3pm tomorrow vs the West Africans at Safa Park, Dubai :cool:

ps is that JUXA???

Northerner, this topic is 2003 sxb, check your eyes

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Val
A decade is a long time.It still tugs there at the ol'heart strings though doesnt it?Despite the walking away everytime you see/hear the person's name it's slightly painful.

If that was all, it wouldn't trouble me much. I've been lucky in my romantic entanglements. It's some of my other relationships that have been problematic. It's always dadka aadan ka filayn who deliver a double doozy, isn't it?

La-y-La   

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Keyshia Cole has been back on my playlist for the last couple of weeks
:D

In my case I realised that you cannot help someone who doesn't help/forgive themself walle.Their defeated, pessimistic, paranoid and at times deluded demeanour only drags you down.You end up living your life differently and walking on eggshells so that they are always happy?!My life is better now that I have cut the person off.I actually have more time to focus on myself.I was worried of being selfish but in fact I was being totally selfless.

smile.gif

I feel you...I love that you talked about walking on eggshells just to avoid making some unhappy...I hate that feeling. Life is just more simple and beautiful without people like that. I have always had a problem of letting go and lately, I realized the importance of letting go to live a better life.

It is very important to forgive others and let go of past experiences, because it helps us as humans to move on with our lives.

The important thing is to remember Allah and lean on him and things will eventually get better insha;allah.

Kulmiye   

unfortunately- qabiil is a birth mark- better known as a cancer- it moves from generation to generation, and it wont go away anytime soon.

Nephissa   

I think the only way to justify going back to someone is if there was a major issue that happened to break you apart, and it has been 100% resolved. In this case, perhaps there is a chance. But simply going back to someone to give it "another shot" is a losing battle 99.6 percent of the time. [That's the scientific figure, presented after years of research from Dr. Nephthys ;) ]

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

I forgave myself and accepted he was only human nothing special but only a mere human being with flaws to match his humanness.

In other words, you never forget ur first. ;)

He or she or they weren’t born with you nor will they die with you, they were just those you were meant to cross paths with within your journey in life.

This is good, almost sounds poetic. I like listening and talking to elders and is where i get my caaqli from ya dig. What they had back then was sabar in other words, patience is important. Sidi nabi ayuub baan ku samaraya. ;) But do what u believe is right for u, ya dig.

salaamun.

loooooooool@ NG funny dude walaa.