Sign in to follow this  
Intel

women targets of violence after rugby loss

Intel   

Tuesday, November 18, 2003 at 07:00 EST

WELLINGTON — Women in many parts of New Zealand became the targets of violence over the weekend as their partners took out their frustrations following the All Blacks' rugby world cup loss, women's refuge organizations said.

In a country obsessed with a desire for the All Blacks to win, the demand for women's refuge services was higher than usual, the National Collective of Independent Women's Refuges said in a statement on Monday.

"On Saturday night and Sunday, refuge workers said they received calls from women wanting to leave because matters had come to a head with their violent partner due to the rugby.

"Women said that all the family money had been gambled and drunk away, and that their violent partner was even worse when he had been out partying with the boys."

Drinking and male bonding have always been factors associated with domestic violence, while betting on the rugby and other gambling appeared to be a newer factor.

Women's Refuge national coordinator Roma Balzer said the amount of physical contact, such as punches, by men on their partners had increased in some parts of the country following the rugby loss.

So,are french women happier then? I mean,if the ABs loss is associated with abusive husbands,surely the opposite is expected of the french? Perhaps,say take a Shower for once :D

Anywhuu,The Pumas suprised me & oh the springboks look fly as usual . Tough game yeah?? smile.gif

Buuxo   

looool :D:D . you know whose fault this is ,those stupidh All-blacks ...look at the chaos they have caused.

Dont even mention the Australians.*shakes head* Khasaro.

Intel   

^ :D:D

Tallpoppy ilaah baan iskeen tusin on Saturday night :D

Nephthys

i didn't realize this was from last WC.

well its on again, it was on the paper today

FB :D

Intel,Iska daa Nephy,Shes your typical American who doesnt know NZ is a province of AUS. :D

Zenobia,I think,the dentist in England should be reporting high profits should England win. :D

Oh boy! Three stereotypes in one thread, Oh well that makes me the King of stereotypes!

Nephissa   

Drinking and male bonding have always been factors associated with domestic violence, while betting on the rugby and other gambling appeared to be a newer factor.

I read about a guy who bet to cut his balls off if his team wins. LOOL after the game he severed his testicles. Maybe the guy just had one of those wayyyyy drunk nights but even so, you would have to be disturbed to do this, or A/Y fan. :D

Tuujiye   

War ileen balaayo..war anagaa wax aragnay.. dadkaan aduunka micnihiisa ayaaba ka socday ooba ku sanifay ka waran....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Buuxo   

loool@Zenobia.Dee Adigana is ilaali ,Jonny's England are not going to last either.

LOOL Intel ,you should be the one that is relieved.only God know how i would of reacted.

NKosi Sikelel' Afrika....GO South Africa!!

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

quote:Originally posted by Intel:

Tuesday, November 18, 2003 at 07:00 EST

WELLINGTON —

Why is this a news now? :confused:
That's what I thought at first...So I was like may be my eyes are playing a trick on me, again...lol...

It's not meant to be news. It's a warning, eh Intel?

Zanobia, about four years late for this warning...kix kix kix...

allan   

oh no you didnt just say that Zenobia

leave our boys alone. mind you South Africa the other heavy weight of rugy just held on to their win.... must be somting in the french water!