Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Dirty Xabash Impostors

Jacpher   

Hees Soomaali waxaa qaadaya Ethiopian. No kidding.

Check this out

Aniga, Nafteyda & Kaalay are the only three words I understood in the whole song. It's time to copy right the songs from these dirty xabash imposters.

[Edited]

Castro   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

It's time to copy right the songs from these dirty xabash.

Ayaan daro is not just the copyright infringement but the bigotry of that statement. Atheer ka noqo.

Somali musicians also take other songs, we have no respect for intellectual property rights – current singers use older songs with newly produced beats – I guess the Xabashi’s should be allowed to use – our culture is an open source culture, not only for

Somalis, its for all, because we view other cultures as being open source for us – look at Somali news sites taking new clips from news agencies, and cutting and pasting the article within their homepages so they can make money from their adsense – little do they know that can get them fined $250k or ten years in prison.

Jacpher   

Ayaan darada ku heysata is beyond imagnition. Calling to copy right the songs isn't about being prejudist or bigotry.

The question is how would you go about copyrighting the songs - and if those rights are violate what are the penalties, it's very difficult to introduce such policies, let alone enforce them.

Castro   

Copyright Somali songs? LOL.

Ducaqabe, I don't know what's gotten into you but calling millions of people "dirty" is bigotry and prejudice. And prejudice is "irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion."

Now, what was that about copyright infrigement? :rolleyes:

Castro I would agree with you that Jimcaale should take those words back – however, many Somalis hate Ethiopians so much that even our parliamentarians beat each other in discussion over Ethiopia’s involvement in Somali politics.

The question about copyright infringement, we often roll our eyes --- no one cares – my point exactly.

Castro   

Animal Farm, it's not that "no one cares" but the problem seems so trivial compared to what faces the nation and the people. So poverty, war, famine, displacement, illiteracy will make room for copyright laws? Not to mention the whole issue of permissibility of music in Islam and Xassan Adan Samatar has no chance of making money on his records.

About those Ethiopians, eh? Total topic hijack. :D Jimcaale was begging for this.

Xassan Adan Samatar he is not making money, such an icon - I saw him couple of days ago in Dixon, Toronto. Speaking of stealing songs, he has written so many songs that other musicians steal all the time - he is indeed a legend.

Jacpher   

Fresh your browsers genttlemen. I now included "impostors" if that makes a difference. Thanks for the reminder though I didn't refer millions of Xabash as dirty. My comments included "these" meaning the individuals in the clip. I host no hatred for all people of that ethnicity. My heart is too small to carry such hatred.

EDIT: I would not hide behind a tree if my intension was to hate Xabashi. Hate gets you no where sxb. I ain't a big fan of Somali songs really but when I come across this clip, I wondered why Somali? Symbolic of something?