Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Maximus Powers': Books To Read Before You Die

Dhimbil   

Originally posted by Somalicentric.:

Currently reading the "Namesake" not too shabby!

p.s- The khalid books are AMAZING those are a MUST.

^^If you like the namesake, you would also enjoy Unaccustomed Earth from the same author.

NGONGE   

Are you sure these are the books one has to read before they die? But it's mostly nonsense, Marx. :D

Ok, I'll concede on 1984 and maybe the Edward S. one. The one I dislike the most there is the bloody Alchemist. It's a children's book.

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

WINDUP.JPG

Have you read this book?

Let me tell you this.

It's brilliant. It's peculiar, annoying even. But not peculiar in the sense of "Finnegans Wake" which is just really unbearable shite in spite of what people will tell you. This is one of the best books of the last 50 years.

Originally posted by Juxa:

One hundred years of solitude, i would highly recommend it

The only book I ever red in one setting-one setting being three days :D

Gabriel rocks

chubacka   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

You need to read the Quraan before you die Marx
:D

I completely agree. :D

Just remembered this book, would recommend to anyone and everyone, and its v. short which always helps.

dog

hodman   

That's quite a list Max, I loved many of these books. Things fall apart will forever have a special place in my heart. Has any one read the concubine y Elechi Amadi? good book

mock.jpg

It is rare that a truly important social question gets expression in a book of fantastic literary sensitivity. To Kill a Mockingbird is the story of a coming-of-age girl that witnesses the wrongful treatment of a Negro accused of rape in the 1930s' South. This is a timeless classic. Harper Lee's writing style is exceptionally smooth, easy, and inviting. It is beautifully written and worthy of any reader's time. The story is delightful and humorous, leading the reader to appreciate innocence, honesty, integrity, and kindness in a time when these attributes were more widely practiced and valued.

51aTB5Y4J9L._SS500_.jpg

Often, elaborating extensively about a person's psyche can be a demanding task for a writer, especially if he/she wishes to keep the reader glued to the pages. Dostoyevsky achieves it with terrific ease. Crime and Punishment is a didactic novel which superbly dramatises Doestoevsky's view of sin, guilt and punishment.