Sign in to follow this  
JIDAAWY

Tips... Tips... Tips... Tips... Tips.. AND More Tips

JIDAAWY   

By law car towing companies cannot screw your credit. So don’t believe them when they tell you they will screw your credit or put your paycheck on hold if you don’t pay whatever you owe them .. they are just trying to scare you so they could cash the most amount of money out of you.. and yeah.. if you haggle they will accept your offer..

Got your fat tax return check and planning on buying a car? Well now is probably not the best time to buy a car since over 200 million people got paid too and are in the market looking for cars.. so used cars prices are little hiked up now… wait until june… that’s when everybody is selling their cars for the summer.. you can find the best deals for used cars in the southern states. Like Tennessee and Ohio where cars are really cheap. BTW my cuousin just bought a 2001 VolksWagon Jetta for as low as $4,400 from Nashville, TN.. good deal “init” ;)

Car insurance is lot cheaper when bought from small towns. Simply because people are less likely to get into accidents in smaller towns than in big cities. So if you live in a big city check the insurance agents in the nearest small town to you.. and don’t tell him you live in a big city or he will charge you the big city premium.. give him a phoney address in the small town and ask him to forward the bill to your address :D

please share ANY piece of information you think will be useful to SOL nomads..

Love ya all

yo thanx bro! u know lately, sol has been sucking big! whollata newbees with re-play topics, shall i do this/that issues!(plz see a shrink, if u cant make your mind) and jokes galore (dont know nomads were all depressed!! hey dont forget to take your pills).

anyways, i was gonna buy a car! but i think i am gonna research further and wait may be till end of spring!! u right bro! the ole demand and supply

hey best thing to do with your tax return, put it into a saving account for rainy day!!

JIDAAWY   

Rudy.. thanks for stopping by sxib..i would hold off if i was you Rudy.. now is defiantly not the right time to buy a car for the mentioned reasons..

Another tip.. if you have a mechanical problem and you took your car to a mechanic make sure to get a second and third opinion with a repair estimate. most mechanics rip their customers off (specially the ladies) so ask a lot of questions and pretend to know what’s wrong with your car. So the rat wont dare and try to rip ya off..

One more:--- All cable and cell phone companies have some retention specials that will only be offered once you request to disconnect your service.. ;) so if you call them up and tell em you want to disconnect your service because you got a better deal with another company. They might throw you two months of free service or at least upgrade you with new free services just to retain you ;)

Note:- do not try that on your power company :D

Guys lets interact with each other for the benefit of everybody : )

Abdinuur   

If you have a lot of credit card bills like I do, you can you can call your bank and tell them you're a full time college student, and you don't have to pay anything for couple of years...so that you can you get caught up with your life and make enough money to pay your bills all at once. Great idea huh? I know Citi Bank does this; Capitalone has similar program with their customers...but call 'em up!

i gotta it bro! yea! it does work des way! one thing though! once u talk to this ppl, they do respect and give u bigger credit, which this land of uncle sam is all about!! then u can do anything u want!!!

its all about credit in usa of planet earth!!!!

wow! i guess you do learn something new everyday. that lil' paragraph about the car insurance is pretty interesting, i neva thought of it, and the credit card bills too.

but with the cell phone retention offer i must say i came across that. i wasn't trying to cut a deal wit them or anything, i just simply called to disconnect ma phone becuase i did find a better deal wit another company(i was wit rogers at the time) but they ended up giving me an even better one...whoa, i couldn't believe it.

Originally posted by JIDAAWY:

Car insurance is lot cheaper when bought from small towns. Simply because people are less likely to get into accidents in smaller towns than in big cities. So if you live in a big city check the insurance agents in the nearest small town to you.. and don’t tell him you live in a big city or he will charge you the big city premium.. give him a phoney address in the small town and ask him to forward the bill to your address :D

I think That wont work due the following reasons:

Since Insurance is the transfer of risk at a premuim (Cost to the customer) and The Insurer is assuming your obligations incase of an accident. If you lie about the factors that will make up of your premium I.e Your Residential address or where the Vehicle is located. That means you have breached the contract between you and the insurer. Beleive me the insurance companies love when they know you lyin..they wont tell you so in the case where u lodge a claim that would be easily denied according to The contract you signed. So i will suggest that you dont go there....otherwise your claim will be denied....and Dont think They wont investigate once u lodge a claim..beleive me They Do..I know that for a Fact!!!!

as Usual Cheers

zynab   

salaan all

rudy did you change your original picture , not saying i don't like the new one. is this the face of the inconsiderate, don't give a care about others rudy really looks like. intersting .

thanks for the advise to the brother who posted this topic , with my tax cut i am thinking of giving it to the masjid , .

salaam

Jaabir   

Don’t buy shiit from Dell… these blood suckers have the worst customer service I am yet to witness, when you first call their toll free and choose the “buy a new system” option your call will be routed to the Houston call center… whatever u want to buy make sure to buy it either in cash or by your credit card cuz their financing plans suck big time.. see they try to be as vague as possible when it comes to the details of the financing.. u wont realize that until you buy the product and receive the second month bill and see how u got slammed with a high a$$ interest rate that could reach up 40%… and good luck reasoning your bill with their Indian customer care reps in New Delhi who don’t know shit..

And by the way.. they don’t have an online payment option, so yo *** has to pay a $15 convenience fee if your due date is in 2 days.. or $35 if its over due!!!

underdog   

Illegal parking. (City of Toronto)

You know those situations when you have to park in the city but there's just no where to park without getting towed? Well if you're going to risk it anyway, park on private property (someones business parking lot). If you get towed you an go to the impound and DEMAND your vehicle back without paying for the towing charges. the charges will go to the property owner and all you pay for is the $15 parking ticket. If your car gets towed off a city street, then you have to pay the tow charges cause the city CAN and WILL hold your car.

Gediid   

If you get caught on camera passing a red light,you can write a letter to the county stating that you were not the driver and get it notarised by a Notary public,send that to the ticket issuing authority and your fine will be waived and no points taken off your driving record but remember the only sure way to avoid this is to stop when the light turns RED.... ;)