Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Oh my fellow people, do we need the corrupt evil old?

-KIWI   

I just cannot seem to agree with jamaal..

The old posses much knowledge,wisdom and along comes with the experience so what makes you think

that the new generation will not repeat what the old did, after all the young learn from the old..

And histroy repeats itself.

So as far as iam concerned the old and the new hip generation could go along way together but the question is will they agree on the leadership??? :confused:

Paragon   

the old have wisdom, knowledge, insight and so forth some people say! But what are they doing with what they have already? nothing, am i not right?

nuune   

i haven't seen youths running for political,if we do,we could kick those old one's out of our sight,but so far i haven't even seen a youth qabqable cause that would even be something good for us lool,i may not be right,but where are the NEW GUYS!!!

Ladiif   

Girl from ur dreams, to agree with Jamaal is one thing and to insult the oldies is another thing! You actually caused some damages on the poor guys here, have some mercy for the sake of the humanity plz. You been rough on them and I think u went a bit too far than necessary. Afterall, they are our fathers, grandpas, abtis, adeers and among others.

O Lord, have mercy on us!!!

Paragon   

SOL-Presi-

Do you think i don't know that? Well, if you carefully read the topic, it reads like this "Do we need the corrupt, evil old?" Not "Do we need the old?" I hope you do understand why i employed the word "evil" coz it is not usually used on the good old but the bad old. I have nothing against the good old.

"The evil must be replaced with the good" and if there are young strong intelligent brothers and sisters out there then, why not give them the chance to make a change.

PS: For those with excuses such as "We still need the oldman's experiance" then you should remember that there isn't much valuable knowledge to inherit but bad experiances and qabiil-mindedness. In essence, this is what we're saying:

"It is ok! I don't feel any pain coz the hyena is consuming me tenderly" and the evil old are the hyenas consuming us tenderly at the expense of all others.

They will control us for the rest of our lives, if we fail to wake up now. It is pure inconfidence that has made the youth of Somalia incompetent. We should be asking ourselves, when will a warload with thousands of drugged men realise doing good for our society?

Majority of Old Somalis are warlords by heart - they are fadhi ku dirir. Our fathers, uncles, even our grandfathers are the ones who are fueling this conflict, but who is shooting the gun? you and me - the youth. Brothers and sisters, we really ought to stop kidding ourselves, and realise our potential. We can make a different, just as the SYL did when Somalis were fighting for independence. I am just telling you facts not fiction. It is in our history and it is the youth, and the youth only who can make or break Somalia or Somalis. The oldies are busy dividing us, consuming tea while they further plan more distruction. What matters to them is "Hebel or Heblaayo waa reerkee?" How often do you hear that? All the times I am affraid. So lets get real and take the responsibility thats upon our shoulders.

"My daughtor or son should marry qabiil X or Y" That is not what me and you say - you know who it is. Me and you have no interest in dividing Somalis but uniting. Its the old whose intention is to divide us even further. It is our FUTURE I am talking about here NOT the old's future, coz they've had theirs already, they have one foot on the grave. Pure selfishness is making them want misfortune upon the Somali society.

We have a right to think of our future and our offspring's future and stand up for own own rights. This is the right thing but if we don't, we shall we live in regret.

-----

No offense intended

Paragon   

Ladiif...

The sister, didn't insult anyone. Read her words very carefully.

by girls from your dreams: old people could take care of themselves and their kid how could they take care of us and our kid ..........they are too dumb and ignorant and part of that is they are un educated jahiiliin..except for everyone parents am talking about the politicians when i say jahiliin...

All the things she said are facts not insults. It is true that majority of our old are un-educated and ignorant. It is coz of jaahilnimo that they failed to see what is good for the Society.

Gurl from your dreams: thankx

Nazra   

NEW GENERATION.....GENERATION X.

So down with the old but we need to start our own and leave all that behind. But do still value the good and renew the bad. ;)

Dhimbil   

What exactly are the young doing too?..That is perfect :confused:

this mentality of i know it all, anyone else is not my concern is doom for failure!

I wouldn’t totally brush off the old timers without considering why they should be left out and I certainly wouldn’t say all Old people are a waste of space. A case in one is someone who came to power in his late age like Mandela (though not in Somalia) who united rather than divided his nation. Our problems have mainly emanated from not just old timers irresponsibility and luck foresight for the next generation. It’s unimportant where a leader comes from, how old he is or what his background is. What is important is what he does with his leadership. The old/New Leaders in Somalia have done little to show they care for their people. They have often amassed wealth of staggering proportions, just for themselves, family and next of keen. And everyday innocent people still die of both hunger and bullets.

They have over the years completely ignored the basic principles of democracy and grass roots needs. Since they gain the national platform via undemocratic and unjust means (through qabiil and keen rather than a justification of potential leadership qualities) there can never be a justification for them being recognised as legitimate leaders. In most cases, they find ways to corrupt what is supposed to be a fair and just democratic process based on the will of the people and rig their way back into office through divide and rule.

Problems of Today’s Youth:-

A number of structural problems inhibit the full political participation of the Somali youth. These include high levels of illiteracy among young, lack of self-confidence, societal attitudes towards political leadership qualities, qabiil oriented family structures that are very apparent even when you talk to youngest ones and finally the lack of resources to seek office. Also the new attitudes picked by today’s youth and the constant assimilation, which are eroding their values, and culture synonymous with mindless violence and thuggery doesnt give much encouragement and hope.

But these provisions are contradicted by concession to customary law, perpetuation of highly discriminative civil and social codes and the absence of family laws among other legal measures.

Political success depends on such things as the state of the economy, leadership qualities and unity within a party (if any). And not to forget the youths who are committed to their cause.

Today, a particular brand of leader is needed who goes beyond partial, remedial actions. They will be critical in the development of solutions that enhance the quality of life and are sustainable in human, organisational, financial and environmental terms.

The community leaders who will be counted tomorrow are those who have the strength and integrity to gain the trust of communities that have been repeatedly let down over the years, who are able to develop new solutions and who are able to make these solutions work in practice. The point I make is that a strong Leader is the one enriched with knowledge, vision, flexibility and one who unites rather than divides.

Paragon   

Dear brother Shaqsii,

Well, you’ve only repeated what I’ve already mentioned in the topic’s title. The title clearly says “Do we need the evil old?” It doesn’t say do we need the old; I have made exceptions as to whom the society needn’t most. We simply can’t debate about things that are not in doubt at all. What we need is old men who are as visionary as Mandela and Kwame Inkrumah, but unfortunately, we have none of the likes in our society.

So, should we as the youth whose future is at stake, shall we advocate for the very evil old men who set out to bleak our fate? Most of the arguments brought forward by the youth who advocate for the old arent alternatives to this decade old crisis in which we’re swimming.

You said in your post that “The old/New Leaders in Somalia have done little to show they care for their people. They have often amassed wealth of staggering proportions, just for themselves, family and next of keen. And everyday innocent people still die of both hunger and bullets”

If I might ask, do you have any young leader in your list apart from the 13 founders of the SYL? There hasn’t been a single patriotic younger leader since the days of independence. For sure we have a young warlord but not a young Somali leader with an ability to better things for Somalia and Somalis.

Some of us are always criticizing every move made by any young Somali that has something to do with self-help. Will there be a time in this lifetime when we will all agree on the welfare of our people and country?

There seem to be a great competition among ourselves. And we always compete with anyone whom we suspect of doing any good, coz we think they will gain something out of the good things they will do for Somalis. This selfishness is what the old generations have mastered and learnt, succeeded to instill the youth. Their influences are apparent in all our responses, actions and criticisms. Brother shaqsii, These were your words

"...these include high levels of illiteracy among young, lack of self-confidence, societal attitudes towards political leadership qualities, qabiil oriented family structures that are very apparent even when you talk to youngest ones and finally the lack of resources to seek office. Also the new attitudes picked by today’s youth and the constant assimilation, which are eroding their values, and culture synonymous with mindless violence and thuggery doesnt give much encouragement and hope..."

On the above words, you are wisdomous and correct but, have you ever thought of the duties of your country upon your shoulder?

Goodir   

Do we need the old generation running things for us in this modern world?

Running for us what?

As the topic started the Question was a bit compicated with no direction but after two or three replies the topic turned into running Politacal issues and rulling the country.

To ask questions. Wherever they are who gave the postion to rule the country back home these old evil political rullers and not the youngsters.

As you said evil Old, is it possible that there are evil youngsters? and Why we discriminate and not put evil as evil without Old or young????

For the time being you talked about challenging them, can you really challenge them?

These Old Dads(masterminders) are more intellegent, wiser and poweful than you. Do u want to end up in the middle of no where. Not to forget back home the suffers and fighters are youngsters(You) and the leaders(rich) are them.

So who the hell made u (youngsters) fighters and not run the office?. Do u believed now how young(you) dim and weak you are compare to these Old masterminders.

Step by step is the way world goes and every dog has a day. Your day will come don't be harry and they will just die or go by any means necessary, but thats when you gain your power, intellegence and some hoary with a bald to be a masterminder.

However, my credit goes to opposes of the way topic goes but not the fellaz

NO offence intended

Peace and SalaaaaaaaaaaMZ

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum,

I take my hat off to Shaqsii for his commments. Brother Jamal, your question is void to be honest with you. The first part of the question says, "Oh my fellow youth" Could you possibly define what youth means, since most men in their 50's still consider themselve's politically fit to run. The second part of your question is contradicting also. It says, "Do we need the evil old". Well to tell you the truth, I don't need anyone that is evil regardless of his age. You should have wrote, "Do we need the old generation". Since all of the old people aren't evil its quite generalizing to view them that way.

Therefore, your question is missleading and the only thing you do is applaude those that agree with what you think. Enough said. If i where you, I would look at Nelson Mandella and see what he has acheived at such an age.

Jazakallah Kheiran for your Question though.

OG Moti   

Sister Taqwa very good analysis, however if you look at jamaal's words and read between the lines i think he was not talking about age here, he was talking about previous people and the new people with new ideas and some where in his words he might ment young people only but i feel when i looked into it he ment any one who has a new ideas, and anyone who was in politics of somalia before should step down cause they had their chances and did not do well... peace .. i hope i am right with my analysis jamaal