Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Dating: How Many of Us Date ?

Ok this is really gettin some ppl hot Unda-Ze-Collar na'mean.

Personaly i feel obliged to reply and add ma views of the topic but then again i have second thoughts,,,k,, check this Out,, try to Give the Idea the Greenlight and u face Criticism and on the other hand try to Condone it,, and see wat the ppl have to offer,, yeah neva MIND THE PPL but

dont u think Allah is sotta watching wachu'Sayin and thinking.

So in the best defence 4 ma Case,, is not to get invovled as this drags me in to create more load in ma Sins Inbox which to be honest is somewhere btw Infinity and yeah waz that other word?? :rolleyes: .

I'VE LEFT THE BUILDING.

Salaan...

Some phrases I shun, that I cannot stand or never used or never believed in and never will:

Dating.

Boyfriend.

Girlfriend.

Prom.

Relationship.

Fiancé.

Engaged.

Ring.

Kissing.

Girls wearing any gown at weddings.

Guys wearing ties and suits at any occasional gathering.

P.S.: At least substitute the supposedly 'dating' date to shukaansi. It never has the negative connotation the West perceives. There is nothing fancy about 'fiancé'--he is either your husband or not. Nothing between. Engaged should be known, not translated, as nikaax.

Macsalaama!!

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Should they all show up naked then? :D

Originally posted by Mujahid:

1. 98% of women in the West read romantic novels

I would like to know from what source you got your statistics?

:confused:

Senora   

If i say what im thinking right now, then i would be a hypocrite :rolleyes: .....and in the end i might just end up biting my tongue...

but i agree with what mujahid wrote, and that article from his other topic, also what muna_muslimah222's article stated......yeah there are many of us who are trying hard to defend the whole "dating" thing, but deep down inside, i really believe that many of you guys find SOMETHING wrong with it..whether its aportion of it, or dating as A WHOLE!!!..... for me, i have dated...as of right now, im trying real hard to stop that...like the article in muna_muslimah222's post said...the whole dating game just left me more empty, depressed, and with a loss of self-respect for myself( its like i knew what i was doin was wrong...but for a while it felt good to do it)...i just found it harder and harder to achieve the happiness i desired for so long....believe it or not....doing things that i hope will one day get me into heaven is NOW filling that "whole" i once thought could be filled by love, or a man... :rolleyes: ...honestly, this world is filled with temptations, and we shouldnt let the society we live in( or our curiosities) fill our sin cup, ( LOL, i got that from the bernie mac show)....but i think i need to stop preaching now....im pretty sure most of you know this already...your just hoping your defense mechanisms will be supported so you can feel better about your own sins :( .......i've done that myself...but its never too late to change that

Ariadne   

I wasn't going to reply to this topic since it kept rubbing me wrong, but here's a word of advice for some (whether you choose to follow it is up to you but its better if you do)

If you don't date stop caring about who does...live your life and let them live theirs

*leaves on that note before someone can tell me the "sin" of what I just said*

La-y-La   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

War whatever is Haram or Halal i scare from my dad to date.

Man he would kill me.

looooool@og_gal, u funny wallahi. at least tats the truth.

Heres ma 2 cent, whoever dates or doesnt is none of ma bizness.

asalaamu aleykum.

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Should they all show up naked then?
:D
Noo, dear. Dirac, gabarsaar, goorgaro iyo sifaleeti--all matching would do for the sisters. And as for faaraxis, macawiis iyo shaal iyo koofi barawaani iyo fitishaari iyo cimaamad iyo bakoorad iyo... smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

Some phrases I shun, that I cannot stand or never used or never believed in and never will:

Relationship?? ((even a halal relationship i.e marriage?)

Ring?? (( what is wrong wit a ring))

Engaged?? ((Whats wrong wit being engaged))

kissing?? (( even if ur married??))

Guys wearing ties and suits at any occasional gathering. And as for faaraxis, macawiis iyo shaal iyo koofi barawaani iyo fitishaari iyo cimaamad iyo bakoorad iyo...

loool Don't u think ur slightly over reacting.. u want to tell me you've never worn a suit??

Anywayzz back to the topic.. I think we're all grown adults.. "dating" is not HALAL.. but i don't think its as bad as everyone is making it to be. People are making it sound like sex. Sure dating sometimes leads to that.. but it all depends on how you conduct yourself. Thats my 2 cents

peace

Changed   

ok....... dating depends on the intentions that is being carried out by the two people dating ....somepeople go out to explore and some really like each other and want to have a future togheter ...here is where i put my two cent ..if they want to have future and the guy ask the girl out why not tell ur parents and then u both can arrange a date while u both are being watched ..they wont listen to what u say but u wont do anything wrong when u are in ur parents house and ur mom is in her room and ur sister are cleaning the kitchen or something..and i know for a fact that islam grants the couple meet three times before they are married and if the couple agree that before they jump into marriage they would like have more social meets then they can do nikkax and they can talk on the phone or meeet and kiss like the regular people do and when they decide they are ready they can arrange for the marriage ceremony if not they can just call it quits ..

i know nikkax is marriage but that is the only out according to me and i have seen a girl that had been nikkaxed to her husband for two years and those two years they dated casually lik e other do .....they decided to have marriege ceromony last year may and masha allah 1 year letter which is may 24 2003 they had their first child born ;) ...

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Noo, dear. Dirac, gabarsaar, goorgaro iyo sifaleeti--all matching would do for the sisters. And as for faaraxis, macawiis iyo shaal iyo koofi barawaani iyo fitishaari iyo cimaamad iyo bakoorad iyo...
smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

LoL..OK. Not a bad idea. A lot of women wear duruuc to formal weddings already (in London anyways), but I haven't encountered any males garbed in Macwiisyo yet. Anyway, I'm not sure if such an item of clothing is appropriate for a wedding. Accidents can occur and we don't want to be flashed! :D