Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Sleep Paralysis

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Glad to know I'm not the only one (although there is a lot of research about it, knowing that other somali, muslim people experienced it makes me feel better...). Esp. Malika..thanks for both.

Ngonge - I was waiting for you to say something like that. Thanks for trivializing my traumatic experience. I will pray that you feel the same way smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ I did. Many times. But I always thought I was dreaming. Don't feel too bad though, at least you don't wet the bed, silly. smile.gif

Emperor   

Lol @ NG, what are you insinuating and how come no one thinks the way you do, Femme is not such a fighter, others would have ripped you into pieces by now.

NinBrown, Canduufta is all part of the same cure, waa Barako or Karaamatul Awliyaa in other words, haven't you had 'Tahliil' from Xerta Xaafada plus Ciyaalka dugsiga oo caduufo waawayn loo qariyay :D

Femme could it be 'Il' or 'Ayn', Waligaa Miyaa lagu Jeclaaday oodiiday :D , take some Tahliil or Xaqa iska bixi.

Emperor   

^It practically done, its what you need to do it then you will understand, just get your family members together and demand for an immediate Tahliil session.

NGONGE   

^^ From his words above it sonds like heavy saliva from an over excited wadaad. :D

Emp,

Don't let this ape fool you. She gives as good as she gets. But now she's acting like she's looking down on me (didn't pull it off I see, she came across as maskiinad miya?). :D

Chimera   

I experienced sleep paralysis since my early childhood yrs(6-7 yrs o.) and it still happens every once in a while. I grew up around Moroccans and they have a popular scary folk tale about a man with goat legs known as Boqa Bes who chokes you in your sleep.. but if you manage to grab his hat you will be granted one wish. While the part about 'goat legs' scared the hell out of me, i understand now why the ''granted one wish'' factor was added to the folk tale cause it made the previous horrible experience of sleep paralysis into one of me possibly becoming the world's RICHEST MAN

^It happen to me few times.Woke in the middle of the night or early in the morning-fully functional and aware of my surroundings but couldn't move a muscle except my eyeballs, scary and interesting but it's not unnatural and it is not something that warrants tahliil.

Cara.   

^If Ngonge's description is accurate the "cure" sounds more horrendous than the worst case of sleep paralysis I ever experienced.

Nephissa   

never had that [acudubilah mina shaytaani rajeem.] but I have really bad twitches. For whatever reason it feels like I'm falling out of bed or off the couch; then I jerk and wake up. In fact when I travel on planes I have to secure my hands under the seatbelt as a restraint because if I don't, I will literally elbow or hit the person sitting next to me.

Tuujiye   

Shukaansiga lagu gam'aayo ma fiicna!!! gabdho badan oo moojadaha ka haleeyo oo buufis kuriday... Yarta shukaansiga iyo soojeedka qaabka daran ugooy sikale ma jirto!!

taleefoon barkisatoo iyo qaroow iyo waqtiganaa mayamayamaya!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!