Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Educating prostitutes about the dangers of HIV

Here's a neat little video I first saw on Facebook, that's been drawing a vast array of reactions from people. For those who don't speak French, this is a Moroccan lady who's teaching prostitutes from that country how to convince their clients to use a condom, so that they can protect themselves from disease.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=115214538502677&ref=mf

Ibtisam   

Have not watched the video, nor do I have an opinion on it, BUT, I think the easiest way is, for the prostitute to say she has HIV and he should do so to protect himself. Suggest she puts that in her video.

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly.

She is teaching prostitutes how not to catch HIV from clients, not the other way around.

I'm kind of confused as to what your point is.

P.S.: I actually read the articles you post before replying to your threads, so it would be nice if you could watch the video smile.gif

Sounds a good idea but there are always obstacles to that. I remember i attended a presentation on sex workers in Somaliland and it was really shocking.

But educating the prostitutes themselves sound a very good idea to begin with ...

Ibtisam   

Sherban, I normally do but I am at work.

As for my point; prostitutes claiming they have Aids or HIV (although it could backfire with no clients) means that their clients (if they stay) will protect themself (assuming they don't already have it and know about it)

JB, I'd rather they were taught some other skill, rather than surviving in their profession.

I agree with you, but prostitutes who already have HIV have nothing to do with this topic :S Why are you bringing it up?

As for what you said to JB, I won't even get into that lol

(unless you want me to)

Ibtisam   

^^You can get in to it, I do not mind at all. I am quite comfortable with my opinions.

As for the other part; Ever watched the Scorpion King? If so you will understand the protection of myths and how witches used it against Men who may have otherwise taken advantage of them.

That sounds like an order from alshabaab ,,, STOP it doesn't do the thing.

what about if they don't stop ??? ,,, u will say let them die then ???

If they don't stop today ,,, they will probably stop tomorrow ,,,, that is why we still need to save their lives.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

What they need to do to protect themselves is STOP whoring. DONE! Everyone is safe and sound then.

:D Attacking the problem at the source is effective.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

What they need to do to protect themselves is STOP whoring. DONE! Everyone is safe and sound then.

What you need to do to be pleasant is STOP judging. DONE! Everyone can have a good time then.

-Lily-   

Sherban Shabeel,

For some women it is a way of life, a JOB. I think that’s very sad and very wrong.

These women need to stop. Anything that can be done to help them while they get there should be done but the end goal should be for them to STOP. It is dehumanizing work and no one should have to do it.