Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Teachers 'beat and abuse' Muslim children in British Koran classes

Ms DD   

where was this nuune? in Utange? was it macallin saciid's dugsi? That macallin wuu soo laalaadin jiray my brothers (xarag on their legs, head nearer the floor), ka dibna ardeyda oo dhan garaaci jirtey.

nuune   

^^ Ms DD, lool, I am pretty sure walaalahaa in aanan dhagaha jiidin, but breifly was in Utango around dat time :D

This was in Libooya in 1991, Tuujiye oo dhibloow ahaa aan cayaalka isla qaraaci jirney, he was great reciter of Quraanka, hada waa nin waalan oo madaxa ku socdo

Ms DD   

lol@tuujiye

That is normally the case. Kabiiradii oo dhan madaxa ayey ku wada socdaan markey timo yar isku arkaan. Must be imtixaanka ay soo mariyeen miskiinada dugsiga.

-Lily-   

There is a difference between a smack & being kicked in the head like football.

No one should hit kids, least of all dugsi teachers…surprised parents are so relaxed about it, ani wa ku shahiidi lahay if I were in their place.

p.s. lol@tuujiye being good at Quran.

Cara.   

One was “picked up by one leg and spun around” while another said a madrassa teacher was “kicking in my head - like a football”, says the report which was compiled by Irfan Chishti, a former government adviser on Islamic affairs.

Mrs. Trunchbull from Matilda anyone?

^What is that, your next neighbour.... or was it a Film, I actually seen it breifly while some kids were watching, Im not sure if I still am right...

Nothing is wrong with beating kids for purpose of their own benefit and education. By law, its wrong to do that in the west, and but fine in the east. It works for both cultures. Obviously the times is a racist newspaper and exaggerating it but it shouldn't have happened it anyway.

Cara.   

^Matilda is a children's novel by Roald Dahl. It was also made into a movie.

I would be a bit skeptical of a "study" about abuses in local madrassas carried out by someone who "runs the Light of Islam Academy in Rochdale". Seems like a good way to discredit one's competition.

MZanzi   

lool MIss DD i think we went to the same dugsi lol..macalin saciid dheere maxa laga cabsan jiray even gabdhaha waaweynba ka cabsan jiray but he was a very nice sheikh .......

MSS DD HAYE REER ZONE A MISA B aad aheed lol...hadiiba macalin sacid kaseesid caadi matihid ...do u remember the Mu'adain they use call cali MAHDI ...Marku adimaayo dadka dhagaha qarxi jiray waligeye qof ka cod dheer ma arkin

Blessed   

Kulalihi,

Who are we kidding? We all know madrassas (not all mind you) particularly Somali dugsis beat kids. I went to this one in London, you just had to say a certain teachers name and the kids would freeze, SubhanAllah. Some of the kids would say that they feared macalin hebel more than Allah. What message does this send to kids???

That was disturbing for me then and I certainly wouldn't leave a child of mine under the care of such a weak individual.

Forget laws and stupidh cultures, beating kids to learn the Quraan is wrong. It goes against the very spirit of Islamic pedagogy.

p.s just noticed the authors name is kerbaj. LOL

Cara.   

Originally posted by Kulalihi:

^And you would trust a right wing newspaper's fabrication and its take on matters relating crimes/abuses done by Muslim Madrassas , right?

Yes, that's what I meant...

^I know what you meant but I asked you a question.

Originally posted by Blessed:

Who are we kidding? We all know madrassas (not all mind you) particularly Somali dugsis beat kids. I went to this one in London, you just had to say a certain teachers name and the kids would freeze, SubhanAllah. Some of the kids would say that they feared macalin hebel more than Allah. What message does this send to kids???

First thing first, I didn't disagree with the kids beaten in the Madrasses but only warned other not to fall for the exaggeration of the Times newspaper. Secondly, I see nothing wrong with that as I grew up in a country where I was beaten and feared my teacher like no one could ever imagine. Also, I mentioned it wrong to do it here in the west as it contravenes the law of this country. People see things different depending on their former background and live style. The environment one grows up shapes his views, which shape his life and shape his actions.