Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Nayaa

-KIWI   

SALAAM

I must confess the world walaalo is the only thing that exist in my vocab,iam searching cant seem to find aboowe or waryaa. :rolleyes:

Hibaad   

Well to me Nayaa isn't rude at all, it all depends on the context its used and who is calling u nayaa. If someone was angry and uses nayaa in a rude tone than that is just disrecpectful.

Sometimes being called nayaaa can be sexy..... I don't wanna go into that now. But it really aint a big deal.

looooooooool ameenah i am woried habo!!!!! Plzz explain when and how its sexy?

Macalin   

Whats in a name?

Is just a Title!..kamoon yall..but i know what you mean, is not good to call a woman NAYAA!, But wait, dont many of the males in NORTHERN somalia call their FEMALES NAYAA?..aa or this is just a sourthern THINGY?

Where i come from, anything close to a NA, not evne NAYAA but JUST "NA" its all WARR.

But hey, what dude is his RIGHT senses will call a sista that?

I wonder where that word originated and who first used against any females.

I thing it's one of those catch phrases that does not have any point of return so I don't y ladies are upset about this word when they vice-versa use this word ********WARYAA***************

WARYAA......NAYAA........WARYAA........NAYAA.WARYAA.......NAYAA......WARYAA........NAYAA.......WARYAA......NAYAA........WARYAA......NAYAA......WARYAA.....NAYAA.....WARYAA...NAYAA.. ..WARYAA.....NAYAAA

IT'S ALL OUT WAR AS LAKKAD SAID BEFORE.......................BUT HEY NOW WE ARE ALL EVEN............IT'S WAR OF WORDS AND NOBODY WINS THAT KIND OF WAR...................

HAHAHAHAH

PEACE

LOVE

&

UNITY

Well as you can tell i'm from the north and saying "nayaa" is a BIG NO NO! Its a big disrespect its like saying "hey, girl!" but worse.

But neways i guess it depends on who your saying it to also...you cant say it to just anyone...when i just joking with my best friend i'm like "nayaa" you know but its a mutual thing only btw. us you know. And the only other time i hear it is when hooya gets mad at me and she is like"nayaaaaaaaaa...blah blah blah" all my sistaz up in here no how dat goes.

and thats my two cents and a dollar.

Listen Abayo (if that makes U happy), Sensitivity is not the question here, but going Crazy is...

DEATH THREAT are u kidding me , Maybe Somebody else BUt definitely not me WAlahi, I swear to GOD ...

I have no time what-so-ever , I don't even check Somaliaonline anymore ...

So look for ur suspect # 2...Okkk stop dreaming

PS : ARe U rich by any chance

OG Moti   

Dear Nasra... I found out in my survey and most well searched research I did smile.gif that somalis are basically rude people in words I mean picking words but what makes it worse is they do not mean it, they think it is normal..I am not Xamari but I think they are the most people who use polite words and so pationed and kind.. any way my research concluded this:

if the word Waryaa is ok to call a man then nayaa would be ok too

cause Waryaa "male" = Nayaa "female"

words that somalis use and aint polite and they dont know it are:

1. you ask them do you like a cold drink or a hot one, somali answers anything, wax uun keen you get confused what to get them.

2. you ask "can I get you food"? somali answers walahi waa caadi, or saa uma gaajesni

and he/she might be so hungry.

3. when asking for help, somali says waryaa ama ninyahow bal wax igu soo tuur, wey iga fadhidaa

4. Eeyaa heee, to his mother, duqa to his father.

and you can add more nomads .. I know there are thousands of such rude words..

Senora   

Basically i think it would all just depend on the person. What one may think is rude...may not be to another. My cousins sometimes mess around with me and say "nayaa" to get my attention. And of course i dont take personally, but coming from someone else, i might. For some, a word is just a word and nothing more, and for others, it may be offensive. To argue whether its rude or not, is just a waste of time. The only solution to this problem is that if you come across someone that uses that word, and you take it offensively, then let the person know that you would prefer them not to use that word. When they refuse to, or ignore your request, is when it becomes a problem.

Emerald   

*"Where i come from, anything close to a NA, not evne NAYAA but JUST "NA" its all WARR".

personally speakin, d word N A Y A A, is not found in d somali dictionary nd dnt think a luvin mali bruv wuld call his gyal dat, must b me comin 4rm d south.....i hate dat word!!!fULLSTOP!!!

ONCE EVEN MY MOSQUE TEACHER CALLED ME naayaaa, ND I POLITELY ASKED HIM D MEANIN OF D WORD>HE WAS STUMPED COS HE DNT AVE A MEANIN 4 IT....SO I DEN ASKED HIM(mind yu politely) NOT 2 CALL ME nayyaa nd 2 call me by my name (hannah), i mostly associate dat word wid callin sum1 wid no (kartii).......must b me...cos most d mali gyals dnt mind d word....?????/????/?/????? ;)redface.gif :confused: :confused: :confused:

OG Moti   

sister hannah, the wadaad was wrong, i hear some wadaads calls girls nayaa as a courting tool, but anyway, Hannah you got a cool real name, why dont you use it as a nick name? welcome home, home of nomads, SOMALIAONLINE

PEACE