Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Nayaa

Nazra   

After constant debate with others this word could not be classified as rude or not.

We all know the bad words and people are well aware it.

But 'nayaa' takes a different angle and tone and I had a quite had time to accept this word or not.

Personally speaking i call my girlfriends "nayaa could you get me that" "nayaa i'll call u later"

I've noticed not most say nayaa to me...and most of my friends come from different location in somalia to me.

I've heard people say "nayaa" would depend on where, in somalia you come from. I have to say i'm the lost generation, the new generation yet i don't have a clue whether it would be rude in my location in somalia.

Girls: would u mind if one of your friends called you nayaa???

or

If some dude called you nayaa???

Well to me, i have decided that since i call my girls nayaa and it's a habit that i can't stop and i don't mind if they call me nayaa.

I've never been called "nayaa" by a guy in real life...in this cyber would i must say we have rude pimps.

I think it's RUDE for a guy to call a chick nayaa stead he should say abaayo or walaalo.

It just shows lack of respect. I never use the word "waraa" it's not listed in my vocab list somehow.

And guys... what would u call your sisters. and why say nayaa???

*Nayaa and it's implication it has...is hard.*

nasra it's good point you raised here but i wonder howmany will agree or disagree with you.

well in my opinion nomatter wich part of SOMALIA you come from it's rude to call a girl NAYAA period.

but it's a different matter if you call your girls NAYAA coz maybe you are their friend or it's a girl thing but i wouldn't call a girl NAYAA be it my sister or not i was raised to respect the LADIES and calling them ABAAYO or MACAANTO is part of respecting them coz after all who's stupid enough to call the chick he wants to seduce a NAYAA?so NASRA in my point of view it's wrong if you're a guy to call a girl a NAYAA. ;)

Blessed   

Well it all depends on the context. i call my grils nayaa and vice versa.. but I don't like it if they called me nayaa if they were angry with me cos for me to call some one nayaa in anger I mean in it disrespectfully.

As for guys, I wouldn't like a complete stranger calling me nayaa! With my mates and family members it depends on the context entirely.

Sometimes being called nayaaa can be sexy..... I don't wanna go into that now. But it really aint a big deal.

NAYA NAsra listen to me , U being so Sensitive lately, what's going On girl...

Where I'm from Naya is Not a bad thing, We call everygirl "Naya".

Maybe in Xamar it's different but no hard feelings is like me saying "Eh girl".

saud   

Good topic Nasra,

i hate that word "NAYAA" whether its from my friends, father, mother, or my siblings. its insulting and i wish it was removed from our vocabulary. Another word i hate is "tan" tan did this or did that. i once got into fight with someone because they called me "tan" instead of my name.

Ladiif   

Regardless of which part of somalia u from, a man shouldn't use such as disrespectful word for the ladies.

For those who think its sometimes sexy, ppl made it feel that way but it never sexy at all. In fact, it sounds inferior and disgraceful.

In the case of girl to girl, i guess its ok in the normal situation where no violence and hostility involved.

Guys, why go in the grey areas?....use the sweet and pleasing words of our rich langauge for our somali queens!!

Rahima   

For a female friend to call me naayaa is fine with me, assuming it’s not accompanied with an angry tone ;) .

For a male to ever call me naayaa. God help him :mad: , it’s so rude simply because of the meaning it has. For those that accept being called naayaa by a male, I don’t think they fully understand what it means, because I’m sure that no woman (assuming she knows the meaning) would accept it.

Gediid   

A man calling a woman Nayaa is utmost disrespect in my book but women calling each other that I think is ok.I just dont see any disrespect in that.Anyways what else would they call each other, Warya Asha or warya deeqa.

Abdinuur   

I will never call a female nayaa anymore cuzz I aint like that no more. But they called themselves nayaa and I heard once that you can call the woman you're married Nayaa cuzz I guess it means a whole lot to them...like love na mean. So why are they calling themselves nayaa, get it?

Women can call themselves nayaa but we can't use this word toward them. So how come we can use the N-word huh? Am sue ya'll... :D

Dalni   

It is like Blacks calling themselves "Nigro", and thats OK. But when a white fella calls them "Nigger" damn, punch-ups are guranteed.

NoVa   

Nasra great topic girl...true i wouldn't want a guy calling me a nayaa'..that's the last day' he'll be walking in front of me..lol..but ya us girl's do call each other's nayaa..it ain't a big deal' cuz it's a word were only female's can use it interms of whateva the circumstances are..but a guy saying that..Oh Boy, it's a whole different situation!

ya'll are right'..the word 'nayaa' is disrespectful when it's coming from a guy..no guy should ever say that to a girl...and no girl should ever take that from a guy..simple as it is.

Wadani i like how u' put it...true da or else i' be World War 3..lol

Salaama

Well i think "NAYAA" is disrespect in any manner......I don't refer to anyone with Nayaa and I would like for ppl to not refer to me by that either.......one time.....I was on the phone with a friend of mine who happens to be a girl.....so as we were hanging up she was like "nayaa i'll call u 2morrow" and i just hung up the phone and told her the next day that it was not to my liking and i'd appreciate it if she'd refer to me as Faisa or abaayo.....it's not a word i'm accustomed to......so it's a big NO NO

GODBLESS YA

Iffah   

Nasra,

I would not take offense if one of my girls called me naayaa, infact we call each other that all time. Some are a bit wild and tend to use crazier words than that...but anyways... as Ameenah & Rahiima said, I wouldn't accept them calling me naayaa if we're having a fight. & A guy cannot call me that...whatever the situation.

Naayaa Nova...! (meaning, haye gabar!) icon_razz.gif

btw, I'm wondering if the word waryaa, or waraa has the same affect on guys.

Nazra   

Walahi, abdul i agree with you...but some ppl use as an excuse for saying it due to there location.

Aboowe, macaane tigernoir....yuk! was that seducative or what. I'm gonna stick to "huunne" tigernoir(check dijoubti skills out)

Sensitive lately Hmmm! i'll take your word for that, I kindda noticed some difference in me.

Nayaa, is rude word and it should be laballed rude and ppl like tiger use that word. Dis repectful ppl like tiger. Ops!No hard feelings. In future nomads don't use that word it's equvilant to the "F" word.

I've been lately getting DEATH THEARTS ON MY MESSAGE INBOX...and i'm sensing it's tiger...god knows how many death threats i get. Chill ppl and chill tiger i think u got, caught OUT.

You multi-personality freak. Is it you whose been doing this???