Sign in to follow this  
Jawaazay

Somalia Online's Persons of the Year

Jawaazay   

Vote for two people that made a contributions to this site's articles... I nominate the following

1) Nur -- God bless your heart. Good articles on Islam, eventhought they are very loooong sometimes.

Maf Kees   

I nominate Castro. Why?

• Helps other nomads
  • Consistent writer
  • Good dose of humour
  • Very opinionated
This nomad makes your visit to Somalia Online worthwhile.

Castro   

^ Danyeerow, waad mahad santahay atheer. In my earlier days on SOL, I was a rebel without any cause and that past will come back to haunt me. I'll run for this position next year IA.

I vote for Mutakalim. With a clarity of vision and a great understanding of many an issue, he has shown us (me) what it means to positively contribute to a forum.

This Annual pick a Nomad Extravaganza is nothing more than freindship affirmation.

For instance,why would JB vote for Socod-Badne? What contribution Has S/Badne come up with that was significant enough to warrant him a nomination?...I think am gonna stop here.

Btw No pun to socodbadne,i just picked you as an example.

I personally nominate Castro . Even tho he came halfway thru the semester,he gets my vote.I do not perhaps agree with him on almost every issue debated here,but i think he probably is the reason why Sol has transformed[No Pun Admin] smile.gif

STOIC   

I will vote for Ngonge,the dude may come out as a pretensiously boasting person at times but he sure uses the right words as an armory of his mind.He is a sagacious person.

PS: Any one knows where Zepherine is?

Johnny B   

It boils down to what you consider a cutting-edge contribution respectively rubbish.

In my circles Socod_badne symbolizes open-mindedness , on the issue and honest discourse.

in short i woulden´t trade him for say YOU. :D

P/s what is your assumption on my freindship with him is based on? Ather, can your ego entertain beeing wrong?

Baluug   

I'll vote for Ofleh/Coofleh/Fidel/Castro. Just for sheer volume, because he hasn't been here a year and has like 1500something posts, and while they may not all be "nuggets of wisdom"(that still cracks me up), some of them are.

Originally posted by J B:

It boils down to what you consider a cutting-edge contribution respectively rubbish.

In my circles Socod_badne symbolizes open-mindedness , on the issue and honest discourse.

in short i woulden´t trade him for say YOU.
:D

I Guess birds of a feather flock together...

But adeer You have the right to vote,and nominate whoever you so wish to. Be they freinds or foes.

what is your assumption on my freindship with him is based on? Ather, can your ego entertain beeing wrong?

Other than freindship[And perhaps philosophical attachement],I do not see in my opinion any significant contribution from S/B that would make him SOL's Person of the year .

Castro   

Second to Mutakalim, I nominate LSK. From a dark basement room in Gotham, he keeps this site going year after year. He managed to rule over nomads (a tough bunch to preside over) with minimal loss of life or limb and without firing a single shot. He's, in my opinion, a first class warlord. One whose behind-the-scenes contributions are here, there and everywhere. Just look at the 24 hours the site was down this past weekend. I could just imagine the withdrawal symptoms nomads around the globe were going through. Thanks atheer for keeping this alive. You should take up a collection right about now. :D

Ngonge is my favorite writer. He's one of a kind. I believe the queen of SOL remains Ahura/Aeronwen/Zephrine/Xirsiyo Zahro. :D

As for my 1500+ post count in 7 months, don't think it's a mistake. This is was a calculated plot to flood the forum with liberal rubbish. Alle-ubaahne? :D

STOIC   

Castro, i did forget to mention two people that keeps you or me in check(when we me make an abortive statements :D );Baashi and Xiin.They sure are ardent symbolism of Somalinimo and otheynimo.

PS I am sorry;i can only vote for one person. :D