Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Losing her faith

BUKURR   

Originally posted by Rhazes:

No one has a trump card in the realm of religion. The doors of personal Ijtihad are wide open. And everything ought to be on the table, everything is up for grabs - from views on Godhood and prophethood to the implementation of Shariah and the historicity of orthodox narratives.

I totally agree with this.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Ngonge laftigiisaa Zindiiq kale ah siduu meeshan wax u wado. Horta isaga laftigiisa yaa huba wuxuu yahay dad kale unbaan saaran nahaye?

War dee Rhazes ayaa Zandiiq lagu sheegay. Maaddeey na booska 'Safeeha' la siiyaay. Fadlan, aniga hadaad wax igu yeedhi laheed, sacluuuk iska dheh. :D

I am with him because he is handling this issue better than all his detractors without resorting to empty accusations.

P.S.

Though I long learned seriousness is wasted on most people here, I may get serious enough to write an enitre thread about doubt.

Aaliyyah   

Doesn't really believe in religion anymore. The older I get the more I think this stuff is all made up. I think when u die you just die, there's no heaven and hell. I do believe in God, just not religion
:)

walaal that does not really add up.It is understandable for one to say hey I dont believe in God thus I am not accoutable to no one and I will die and thats it. Again I said it is understable not that its the right thing to say. However, your friend claims to believe in God yet not in religon. Obviously, if she believes in God then she has to understand that God did not just created us for the heck of it. But, rather that we are accoutable to our actions. Thats where religion comes in the picture, that we have to meet certain conditions and obligations in order to please the one and only Allah swt.

Anyways, may Allah swt help her find the truth

--------------------

Soomaali jamaceed yaa dhankiina joogta

Gobonimada yaay jaban

Dalka yaa lakala jarin

Jilibki Darwiishkow

-Saado Cali

Originally posted by Azizah:

quote:Doesn't really believe in religion anymore. The older I get the more I think this stuff is all made up. I think when u die you just die, there's no heaven and hell. I do believe in God, just not religion
:)

walaal that does not really add up.It is understandable for one to say hey I dont believe in God thus I am not accoutable to no one and I will die and thats it. Again I said it is understable not that its the right thing to say. However, your friend claims to believe in God yet not in religon. Obviously, if she believes in God then she has to understand that God did not just created us for the heck of it. But, rather that we are accoutable to our actions. Thats where religion comes in the picture, that we have to meet certain conditions and obligations in order to please the one and only Allah swt.

Anyways, may Allah swt help her find the truth
Qof wareersan inay tahay waa laga arkaa. Diinta inay BTJ ka garaneyso ma moodi.

It is just saying why do I have to study, to do homework, to hand out the assignments -- in the end, I believe I am going to pass the course. Waxaas wax life ka soconaayo ma'aha, let alone meel kale.

She too doesn't get the divine concept of justice and injustice as well. A tyrant, a bloody murderer cannot be in the same league with a true pious and righteous person. That is where the concept of punishment comes in.

Hadduu qof walba just says "I believe in God" and does whatever s/he wants, it is just a lip service and nothing else. It just doesn't cut in life, let alone in divine afterlife. Camal (actions) ayaa la rabaa.

:D:D @sacluuk.

NGONGE, there's still a glimmer of hope. Though I agree that seriousness of this sort is lost on most SOLers, there have been some good discussions on SOL; debatements on the science of evolutionary biology, secularism and the role of government, the nature of time and space (the strangeness of quantum mechanics), reality of mortality, existence of God, essence and methods of historical knowledge, foreign aid and economic development. Perhaps a thorough treatment of doubt will be as illuminating and stimulating.

Discussions often deterioriate into an exchange of diatribes when an impish interlocutor isn't well versed in any of the above-mentioned subjects. Alas, if only those ninnies and dummies would muster the patience to educate themselves a little. The bane of online discussions is that someone like Abtiga, who has a knack (some would say talent) for amusing the masses with scabrous stories, starts pontificating on science, philosophy, or religion. It sounds rather elitist, I submit; however, is there any real benefit in eliciting the epistemological views of, say, a cab-driver, hiphop artist, or a fisherman? I'm pretty sure each would have something wildly interesting to say, but their unfamiliarity with the relevant literature - scientific or philosophic- would ineluctably reduce the quality of the conversation.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

this lady needs to be left alone, ethinka aah dad wada wareersan, PS to the poster, can I get her info, I want to Fbook friend her

ma inaad si baadiyeeso ayaad dooneysaa?

Abtigiis   

Rhazes,

Ilaa hadda waxbaan aqaan iyo dood cilmiyeeysan meeshan kama jirto, iyo hebel baa sidaa ah aniguna sidaa ayaan ahay ayaad dhaafi la'dahay.

Adeer, in the age of google, nina uma baahna in meeshan loo sharaxo this theory or that theory. They are a mere click away. But in case you think I will not match you in academic debates (admittedly evolution theories are not my interst areas nor where I know a lot about), you may pick the subjects for which I am qualified (which you could enquire through PM) and I can put something there.

These references to epistimology, aesthtics, or metaphysics are designed to prove your unrivalled status as accomplished academician, but may I remind you I got "A+" in Introductory Philosophy in 1992?? Mise qofkii hobby kaaga ka duwan leh, must have serious academic deficit if he doesn't bring it to SOL.

Opposite values/attitudes are complementary. If you feel superior, it must be there is an inferiority complex embedded in your psyche. Eversince this discussion began, the amount of times you have reminded us of your exploits is innumerable. Good for you. But please don't divert the issue here. I am only objecting to your dishonesty ( in claiming to be a Muslim). I a also oppossed to your insensitive mocking of Isam and the faithful here. And as much as it may annoy you, it is my right and duty to do so.

If that means I am a cabby-driver, or a hiphop artist, so be it.

You talk of diatribes when all you have been doing in this thread is exactly to spew out one after another. I am doubting your sanity.

Bal jaamacadaad ka baxday iyo waxaad bartay meeshan ku soo qor and let us contrast to where we went. Maybe that could provide a proxy indicator of your level of intellect. And I am challenging you to do so!! Waabsi foqol waabsi.

Juxa   

^^ inuu jaamici yahay qoraalkiisa ka garo. unless you are alleging cabdalla-shideeye inuu ka soo sameystay shahaadada and the professorship ay tahay been aan sal iyo raaad toona laheyn

Abtigiis   

Qoraalkiisa waxaa ka buuxa wax la yidhaa 'terminological orotundity for intellectual profundity'. :D It really doesn't attest to higher qualification. It is easy to bamboozle with flowery phrases uplifted from victorian vocabulary these days; and to be honest he is more of a wordsmith who mistakes words for ideas. I am yet to see anything that can be considered scholarly ideas from his utterances so far.

All he said here, when he is not busy boasting his credentials, is that there is no Pure Islam and that personal interpreatation of the religion is the way forward. This is not a scientific truth. It is an opinion. Others will sure have their opinions and one can see others here certainly dispute his opinion.

Now we know his opinion on this matter, we can go and ask what his mission is. His objective is to create a psychosis of doubt and paralysis among the faithful, a psychosis of unrelieved doom and hopelessness, of ever burgeoning, ever enveloping crisis until the faithful begin to regret their belief, believe their religion and contentment is not justified. Until, they take it as a horrible mistake, indeed a curse, whose repair and lasting cure is a speedy rush to spiritual anarchy.

That is his mission, not necessarily how the SOL faithful will react to his one-line anti-religion jingo. This is not different than what others having been trying to do here from time to time. What changed is that Rhazes is seeking to be with the hounds while running with the hares at the same time. He is claiming he is a muslim, while he is anything but.

Midda kale, Juxa, adigu colaada aad ii qabyto ka sakoow, marka ay gaalada iyo muslimku ishayaan isku dhinac inaynu nahay yaan moodayey. The challenge is outstanding. Ha inoo sheego qualification'kiisa iyo meesha uu ka soo baxay, ileen isagaa faankiisa loo joogi waayaye. We have no compunction in telling ours to him. Markaa ayaa la ogaan qofka loox-jiidka ku bartay iyo ka properly schooled'ka ah. :D

Polanyi   

Johnny B. You haven't been to a mosque since 1986. Wat you know bout itjihad? :D

Seriously, I respect you since you are open about views on religion. I have never seen posing as a mufti. However, I found it hypocritical when an atheist such Rhazes starts posting AF CARabi poems, declassifying hadiths and telling Muslims that the doors of itjihad are open on everything, including the subject of prophethood, . One can't do itjihad or reinterpret a religion which they have rejected long ago and spend most of their time mocking. In other words, you can't be a cyber mufti and commited atheist. Munafiqnamada naga daya, for we are not ******.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Seriously, I respect you since you are open about views on religion. I have never seen posing as a mufti. However, I found it hypocritical when an atheist such Rhazes starts posting AF CARabi poems, declassifying hadiths and telling Muslims that the doors of itjihad are open on everything, including the subject of prophethood, . One can't do itjihad or reinterpret a religion which they have rejected long ago and spend most of their time mocking. In other words, you can't be a cyber mufti and commited atheist. Munafiqnamada naga daya, for we are not ******.

Exactly. Karl afkaaga Nido lagu qabay.

I have no problem with JohnnyB oo kale. I have a problem with liers and cheats.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

P.S.

Though I long learned seriousness is wasted on most people here, I may get serious enough to write an enitre thread about
doubt

i agree with you that seriousness is wasted on most people here - however, as i consider you to be one whom seriousness is not wasted on - may i pre-empt your intended thread about "doubt" with the following words of wisdom:

"This is the Book home_quran_section_image.jpg ; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah."

Al-Baqara (2:2)

"We have, without doubt, sent down the message; and we will assuredly guard it (from corruption)"

Al-Hijr (15:9)

"These are the verses of the book of wisdom"

Yunus (10:1)

Abtigiis   

Mayd-noolihii Xinnfaniin iyo Maaddeey, kol aan doonto,

Ama aan Karl Marshal ka dhigo, macallin weeyaane,

Walee Rhazes ama murtad kaloow, maanta kuma daayo

Kamaavi   

:D:D @Mayd-noolihi Xinnfaniin....

Garaadow, xiin wuxuu dhihi lahaba boowe wakhti ma jidho oo Faroole ayaa xurto igu hasta ayuu kaa yiri. :D Maddey baa wakhti badan haysta laakiin sida loo doodo ma yaqaano. Dabecadana wuu ka liitaa.

Sayidka, Tuujiska, Norfy & Ibti wax kaaga roon ma leh. Iyaga soo dagaal geli. Maddeyna iska reeba!

Allah Kariim.