Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Losing her faith

Why do SOLers always assume I'm an old Nomad? Ibtisam said I was Cicero. Karl Polyani said I was Max. Abtiga says I'm Raamsade. Someone else sent me a message, speculating whether I was xiinfaniin's alter-ego. I'm not Johnny either. I guess I'm everything to everyone. :mad:

I dont see the corellation warya.

dont try to pass off your observation as a corellation and as A&T said it does not imply causation.

in grad school in the Math, Physics & engineering departments the religous outnumbered the atheists ... atheists had huge majority in the liberal arts departments.

this was my observation anyway.

BOB   

Originally posted by Archdemos:

She wasn’t religious before, but principally identified herself as a Muslim.

Why waste your time and energy when you knew the problem all along? How can she have doubts on something that she knows nothing of in the first place?

Having worldly education does not make her smart whilst in terms of Islam she remains IGNORANT.

Every question she has is found in the Qur'an from science & technology to history and philosophy and if she thinks she's smart, articulate, visionary, pioneer, sophisticated, futuristic tell her to read about Khadija Bint Khuwaylid (r.a), Fatima Bint Muhammad (r.a), Aisha Bint Abu Bakar (r.a), Hafsa Bint Umar (r.a), Umm Salamah (r.a), Fayruz Ad-Daylami (r.a), Asmaa Bint Abu Bakar (r.a), Barakah (r.a), Ramlah Bint Abu Sufyan (r.a), Rumaysa Bint Milhan (r.a), Sawda Bint Zama'a (r.a), Zeinab Bint Khuzayma (r.a), Umm Salama Hind Bint Abi Umayya (r.a), Zeinab Bint Jahash (r.a), Juweyria Bint Al-Harith (r.a), Umm Habiba Ramla Bint Abu Sufyan (r.a), Safiya Bint Huyay (r.a), Maymuna Bint Al-Harith (r.a), Maria Al-Qibtiya (r.a)...may Allah s.w be pleased with them all Insha Allah.

All these women were from different walk of life businesswomen, doctors, teachers, visionaries, leaders, pioneers, warriors & philosophers and they were all highly successful in their own right and they still had time to be wives and mothers so if the sister is really serious about wanting to learn her religion then she should dedicate few hours of her time to learn about these women and I'm sure she'll be able to understand what it means to be a muslim lady in the 21st century without violating the principles of her Islamic faith but if she's doing this just to get attention then tell her to find Ayan Hirsi who can do with a company as she's somewhere feeling lonely. smile.gif

May Allah s.w guide us all through the righteous path Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

1. Poster the thread title waan ka naxey- I though adgia weyna!

2. May allah guide the sister n restore her faith stronger then before.

We can never really know why people go through certain stages in life, some stages more long term. There is no force and people should not feel then need to overdose her with advise. Either she will research and study what it is about the religion which is bothering her till she comes to a conclusion that makes senses to her or she will stick her head in the sand. Either way, let her be for a while as all the different advise will make her defensive and confused.

Give her time to sort things in her mind and don't crowd her so much.

All the best to her.

P.s I it find strange that people will comment on her being this, big head, bitter or uneducated, let it be.

JB; wa maxey?

Ibtisam   

Almost forgot, education has nothing to do with anything, education is not something Islam has to fear nor is it something we can use as an excuse. You are implying education is not good or corrupts women, which is all lies and rubbish.

^^ yeah i've stopped 'giving her advice' and told her i only wish for the best. so one can only hope that as she gets wiser.

inshallah she lives to see old age and regret her ways.

NinBrown- this harks back to our conversation on society sheilding the realities of life and death from us. its all become too sanitised.

she's a good gal, but been lead astray in her time at York.

In the university environment, students are often directly or indirectly influenced by Secular-Atheist ideologies. Some of these universities are full of Atheists and Orientalists that prey on young Muslims that lack basic knowledge of tawheed (Islamic monotheism). The so-called ‘free thinkers’ claim that for one to be truly free, one must detach him or herself from religion. In reality, these people are calling others to their own religion, the religion of atheism and democracy. So, are we going to listen to their call or the call of the prophets (Islaam)? Obviously, If we truly want success in this life and the next, we are going to follow the way of the prophets of Allaah.

Tuujiye   

lool @ A&T iyo Nuune...

Waraa labadiina in SOL la idinka qabto waaye.. boliiska SOL aa noqoteen runtii... Gaal cusub waa Raamsade A&T anigaa kugu raacsan!

for the poster, sxb u ducee shaqsigaas ee adiga taada ka adkoo oona ilaahey ku xamdi noq. When ever you see someone like that, say "alxamdulilah".. Ilaahey dadkuu doorto buu diintaan siiyaa saaxiib... You did your best so just move on..qof 31 jira waxba uma sheegi kartid... qofkastoo diinta kabaxa, qofkale baa soo galay taasna ogoow....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

KK gives an ultimatum and says if the faith means following a certain group, consider her out.

Wait a minute!!!!! When the hell did I say this waryaa? War ayaamahaan SOL iyo masabidaad maxaa lakala siiyaa? War yaadahee! Nagadaa dee NGyoow sheekada aad xawaajiya iyo filfisha noog dareyso...

As for the chick who's losing her faith, naa ka kac dheh, ilbaxnimadeeda iyo wexey barateyba meelahaas hakula dhacdhacdo...Women's rights lagu yeh, taasoo kale ninaa kajajabiyay... :mad:

I have lost my faith too. In the new coalition govt. May they all rot in hell.

Re topic: Easy come easy go. If you don't value you faith, you lose it. It's not enough to be born into it - you need to choose it and work hard at it.

^^ :D:D I have met and spoken to Cameron on numerous occasions and he seems like a likable chap. This is ofcourse beofore he became PM.

He did ask me where i was from to which i replied somalia.

oh he said which part, Somaliland or Somalia?

he knows his African politics.

ran into him on the sunday after the election early in the morining when buying my sunday papers at the local newsagent.

he asked who i had voted for. me feeling slightly uncomfortable replied Labour. :D

I blame the enabler the evil Nick Clegg redface.gif