Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Losing her faith

yes i have Malika but she's very stubborn. i've planted a seed of doubt using her own 'scientifically sound methodolgy' but it will take time.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

A&T wants music, dancing and no hand cutting. But stops short from leaving the whole game altogether.

Waryaa Ngonge, why do you drag me to this issue. I am a Muslim man and I don't have any doubts. Yes I like Music (not dancing), and yes I oppose cutting hands. And yes, I can see why Mullah's are to blame for this girl's problem.

Malika   

^How are the Mullah's to be blamed? The woman is old enough to decide for herself what she wants to believe in - after all we have free will. The only problem is when people like her try to explain or blame their decision on others or the religion. She can just walk away -

Ngonge,dee I dont know the girl she is ranting about -what was her emaan like prior to her sudden insurgent of intelligence..or her before her 'middle age crisis'[ :eek: ]..dee maxaa kaa oog ahay!

I just wonder if this is about those who turn away from islam or is this about this particular girl - the wordings by the poster is very personal[emotional]..

NGONGE   

A&T, we play for the same team warya. Bacda iska fur. :D

Yours was a good example, no more no less.

She wasn’t religious before, but principally identified herself as a Muslim. I cannot convince her Islam is the true path. I can however try to query her dogmatic approach cultured from her studies.

These so-called atheists have a lot in common with the religious zealots Ngonge speaks of.

more thoughts of hers;

Sue and Angelica - yes i agree that women have played very small but important roles in all the major religions but these are the exceptions. In all the holy books including the Bible women are the inferiors of men and don't have equal rights by any stretch of the imagination! As a feminist this is the one part of religion that i have a major ... See moreproblem with. Also, correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't Christianity say that Eve coerced Adam into eating the apple, therefore she's to blame and womenkind therefore have to suffer because of her? Or something to that effect....you two would definitely know. Hamze - why do i have to believe in a heaven and hell if i believe in God? Are they mutually exclusive? And why? You'd only believe in the concept of heaven and hell if you believe in religion which i don't really. I DO believe there is God, a creator of all things. Just because we've been conditioned by religion to believe in heaven and hell doesn't mean they exist.

progress?

NGONGE   

^^ She's still in millat Ibrahim I suppose. All she has to do is proclaim the moon as her god then reject it. Go for the sun then reject it and, hopefully, she'll finally go for the true god. Hevean and hell is way off yet.

Abtigiis   

Archedemos, faraha ka qaad oo iskadaa gabadha (if it is not yourself that you are talking about).

Xor weeye, meesheey doonto haka dhacdo.

In all the holy books including the Bible women are the inferiors of men and don't have equal rights by any stretch of the imagination! As a feminist this is the one part of religion that i have a major ...

Gabadha intaa un baa dhibaysa dee. Ee ha la waydiiyo equal rights ay ka hadlayso. Ma inay Imam local masjidka ka noqoto rabtaa?

Abtigiis   

She reminds me of a discussion between some elderly axmaaro men sometime ago.

One of them talked about how women are refusing to be under men and they are insisting that they be equal to men.

The other one asked, what is their problem?

said the other one, " they are saying the time when men used to be on TOP, and women used to be below is over".

"So, are they saying they want to sleep side by side with us?" asked one of them.

The other man said " what is their problem? let them go on TOP. I for one, have no problem with that. It is less hustle that way!" smiling.

Malika   

^ :rolleyes: ,Lol-it has nothing to do with a faraax by the sound of it - the woman is a feminist,and is questioning religions on the grounds of the role of women in them - Which has made her to disbelieve[my understanding anyway] - The only thing she needs to find is where she fits in as a woman with or without religion.