Sign in to follow this  
Saabir

Got it out of trash

JASMIINE   

the 1st time i became aware it SOL was about two yrs ago, one day my friend suggested that i should check out SOL so i did. And lord behold who's on the main page promoting they're cd....two guys that i went to HS school w/. it was hilarious 'cos one of my gals had a crush on one of them (name w/held) and she thought he was adorable in the pic :D .

i didnt become SOL member until a yr later thought, when i started terribly boring job where i had to entertain myself any means necessary.

Qac Qaac   

How i started...

well someone told me about this site, don't know who... and i just used to read it, and check couple of times... then i noticed the place in ay u shidantahay only for certain group... so yeah i came in to break the odds, and to open up...debates are great...

well! i lost some 1 dear to me due to migration to the haj! aka mn! so i was kinda down lil bit! anyway! an x friend email me the link! to check the pretty xalimos! lolol..sad to say, them pics disappeared when i got hold of the site!! some how i think that i saved some! i gotta go and restore my old backups 1 of these days!

i gotta say though, in them ole days, site was kicking!! even though, i was a lil trouble maker!

me and the admin babe-face did correspond quiet a bit!!!lol...wazzup babe-face!!lolol.. if he says way, tell him that its human nature!!! why why!!! :confused: :D

Viking   

I knew about SOL from its inception (through chatmates at times I used to frequent somalinet chatrooms) but didn't become a member then. Members had their photos up and at that point it seemed too 'lovey-dovey' for discussion platform. I stayed as an anonymous poster on somalinet until 2002 when I registered... Somalinet started goind down the drain and realised that most decent posters had quit or moved to SOL (posters like Nur et al.). Me and my mate Feynman (who has unfortunately quit SOL) joined earlier this year and zi rest is khistory...

Ever since I joined cyberpace, I was interested in interacting and chatting in Somali sites. Chatting got a little boring and immature as the internet became popular, so I registered at Somalinet forums. I started to prefer forums/discussion boards to chatting but couldnt take the profanity in S'net and some1 mentioned this site in one of the topics. I registered but never really started posting until a year later 'cause the posters then seemed like a tight knitted group who for most part ignored new comers. After a bit of tongue lashing and threats, I felt right at home - loved n all ;) .

Since then I've sworn to quit numerous times but to no avail.

Bess.   

its sites like this that keep me connected to my somali peers...i like to visit wheneva i can so i can c wat they've to say...about everything...besides it reminds of my debate class...and boy do i love to argue...lol... :D

ps. i was told by one of my close friends...couple of months ago...as they say the rest is history

peace