Sign in to follow this  
Saabir

Got it out of trash

Saabir   

My question to you is, How did you come to know that there's a site called Somaliaonline.com??

For me, It was one evening while I was surfing Somalinet, Specialy a thread written by Ninxoon (the Somalinet hero smile.gif ) in which he was insulting Somaligirls for having their photos on Blackplanet.cccom, then one user said nothing is wrong with that as you have Somaligirls' photos on some Somali sites like Somaliaonline.com.

I checked Somaliaonline and the photos were as nice as the site smile.gif , now the photos are gone but the site still remains. I sometimes think those photos were a trap! smile.gif

i was at college, and a few of my friends where obssessed with the photos of a couple of guy on here...

one day they introduced me to the site, i checked out the guys...and daaaaaaaaaamn....a few were good enuff to eat, and lick my fingers afterwards...

well, by the time i joined...the pictures were gone....however i believe its interesting being here, with or without the pictures.

Curly   

I was a regular somalinet chat user redface.gifredface.gif and every night we use to have this person called Woolwich ciyaal, they use to invade the chat room and flood it with coded messages that looked like nonsense to the rest of the somalinet users, anyways I use to chat to this person in the luuq and they seemed rather intelligent, anyways they felt they were doing everyone a favour by deterring them from chatting rubbish like the usually do in the chat room (Which by the way worked!). :D

Anyways one night they introduced me to SOL, and they said it was far better then Somalinet and they also told me about the community section. After reading the topics I just felt like joining…so I did!

smile.gif

After reading a thread of the "reality of dreams", I thought it an ethical duty to confute and make manifest the sophistry, the contradiction, the illogicality of that thread's insinuation. Thus I registered.

Notwithstanding the obstinate nature of that poster, I forced him to perform a list of actions that encompassed a wide range of exercises such as "jumping to conclusions" , "beating around the bush", and "dodging questions".

With Salaams

PK

sullen sue... lol, dont tell me u was the psycho in somalinet aswell - probably was u!

daamn,, i remember ciyaal suuq, he used to get on my nerves like no mans biss, the screen just used to start running, u wouldnt be able to read 2words, coss, he wrote ten pages of coded crap,that made all the others disappear,,,see now if i had known his purpose was to stop us talking rubbish, (which, some members did sometimes i did all the time - still do mind u,)i might have supported him. daamn, thats memories like 3/4years back

NGONGE   

It was in April this year when the systems at work were down. The only thing we were able to use was the Internet. I decided to use google and see what Somali websites I can browse to pass the time while waiting for the systems to be repaired. I saw this topic:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000546

The first post on that thread caught my eye and I decided to read on. It wasn’t a bad way to occupy myself while the systems came back up. I’ve been amusing myself thus ever since.

PS

On the same day that I found this place I also stumbled upon Somalinet. I have no idea how bad or good that website is and I’m not about to criticise it on a rival website either. The cheer size of it put me off though.

Juxa   

s wr wb,

i was told about this site by an old friend. i checked out couple of times and still did not like it much. i though it was quite boring :D

then few months later at the persistence of the same friend(alaha u naxariistee), i tried again and was hooked smile.gif

thnx you Og-Moti. that was the only good deed you have done for me

Sophist   

Oh years has now elapsed when I first joined,

I think due to the boredom of green planes of a small town I lived at the time,

the internet was my source of scape if you like.

I found SOL through google and enjoyed reading an article penned down a by lady who went

by the name of Araweelo. Since then, it has been a unparralled source to pre-occupy thyself.

Let me try to remember how I found my way to SOL...

I think I got an email informing me about a new Somali website, so I visited, liked what I saw and registered.

The first topic I read and replied to was The Somali Identity by Jaber and I have been addicted since.

Senora   

Well a few years back, this guy I chatted with from Somalinet was going on and on about this girls picture he saw in the Community section :rolleyes: .....back then they also had the guestbook section......which was suppose to be a piece like the Blackplanet section, but instead became like this face-off between the haters and the a$$-kissers....

raula   

My best-friend LADYFATIMA (who had several psycho usernames at the time) introduced me to the site. The old school-crew were hilarious and sensible :D (sorry no pun intended) :rolleyes:

Faheema.   

Forums never really interested me; I found them to be too political, too childish or just Bilaamacni...Until one evening, I was chatting to two personal friends, who happen to be devoted members of SOL ;) ...They made it sound very interesting & unique...and it was (interesting) there were a lot of thought-provoking debates that grabbed my attention, so here I am smile.gif

Mine was more a chance for self discovery as in interact more with my fellow somalis and learn more about my culture.

I started out reading the forums in somalinet.com took me a year to chat live on the main I just couldnt beleive our ppl could be such wacked out acting anti islamic and anti somali. Subhanallah.

Searched through the net and found SOL, more mature and neat place which made me feel at home.Which I can say got me hooked to net apart from my usual journals Im always tempted to click and read the discussions or just chuckle away.

Regarding the photos seems I missed the golden opportunity to see fellow members.