Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

What Do u like to take Anfur in Ramadan

ElPunto   

^It's not much of a repertoire you must admit :D

It does take a lot of time. But as with anything - if you want it(and your whole family) you somehow make the time.

Pucca   

i used to get so pissed when my dad brought home strays...er men i mean. God the amount of food we had to make and all the dishes that needed to be washed at the end...we(my sisters and i) couldnt even attend salat! walle way iga inkaar gurteen...

alhamdulilah there wont be any charity meals for a long time to come.

ElPunto   

^Abysmal display of etiquette from the Etiquette Queen! No charity meals at Ramadan - that's what the month is all about.

*Mouth is agape*

Nice flag. But it's Vive Le Canada. It's ok - anyone west of Ottawa is not expected to know that.

The Point - that's true I suppose. But we are not a fussy family...we eat what we get and we are grateful (or rather they eat what I cook and they don't complain....much). :D

ElPunto   

^I see you have them well trained. :D

Just a tip - every once in a while surprise them with a time consuming delicious dish. They will be your slaves forever.

Pucca   

dude, i'd gladly cook for a group of women...its just with men there's more food to be cooked and more dishes to be washed. *sigh* one can only do so much ...

Originally posted by ThePoint:

Just a tip - every once in a while surprise them with a time consuming delicious dish. They will be your slaves forever.

Hardly. I do make the effort sometimes. Only my strengths lie in elaborate Thai/far-eastern dishes and my dad looks at the table and asks: "Bariiskii iyo hilibkii meeye?" :mad:

ElPunto   

^La Xawl Wala Quwata ila billah! Odaygu gar buu leyehaay! If you can do elaborate you can do the simple Somali food too.

Pucca - by hook or by crook! I just have to find a worthy candidate.

Emperor   

Dadku cunta badanaa

I don't really care, whatever fills my stomach...

The ironic thing is the month in which we suppose to fast, forget about and eat less food, contrary to that we make a bid deal out of it, it is Ramadan lets not talk about food or eating habits.

ElPunto   

^Adiga dookh xumidaa. :D Whatever fills the stomach kulaha. It's a special month for many reasons and deserves special food to be made.

Pucca - I am a Somali male. I may choose to uphold any common standard and apply it as I see fit. That is the prerogative of my sex :D