Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

What Do u like to take Anfur in Ramadan

Aaliyyah   

^^loool sanbuus uun ka gartay waxaad cuntid. subhanalah....

The point you stick to cornflakes because that's the only thing you can eat. You are most likely to lazy to cook anything icon_razz.gif

have a variety dear...eat pancakes, sabayad, malawas,laxoox...eggs...shuro.. borash...it's not good sticking to the same diet every morning. You gonna hate it later...

my 2 cents

^no corn unless it's corn puffs(they take me back). Siifad-siifad, sweet-corn waliba.

Soor- not going to bother; cardboard hadaan doonayo, Sainsbury's ayaan hor fadhisan during delivery times.

Salah.

ElPunto   

Somali style pancakes. Fried in oil.

Suxuur - cornflakes all the time

Afur - variety yes - and I don't cook - that's what family is for at Ramadan.

Gosh! Men cooking? At Ramadan too? That would mean debasing our noble culture!

The Zack   

AAliyah iyaaah? I need to invite you for aftir one day then. I live the cross streets of Jane and Finch.

P.S. Aftir = Afur in Djaboutian dialect. I Love it!

Waxey ku dhahayaan Waan soo aftiranayaa dee heeeeeeey! lol

Aaliyyah   

I prefer the normal pancakes thank you smile.gif ..otherwise, if i want somali food..laxoox,mawalx..will do!

How sweet of you....jane n finch miya tidhi? meshas uma socdo..bt thanks for the sweet offer.

The Zack   

^Lol. Yea, I knew claiming I live there would make you cagaha wax ka day. Would you accept the invitation if I lived at Mississauga?

Pujah   

^ LOL @ soor tasting like cardboard. it's right up there with cambulo for me, don’t even like to see it.

Afur for me involves sambus, sambus and more sambus by the time I am done eating my sambuus I am too full for anything else :D

Aaliyyah   

Zack lol perhaps my answer would have been different.

pujah lol anigaba borashka,digirka, shuurta..waxaas oo dhan kama helo..laakin waan iskaga casheeya sometimes.

Ashkiro   

You guys dislike all the healthy foods, digir-beans is one of my favorite foods, when it's cooked, I think is it called "dalac", with species and veggies, mmmmm yum. Of course I can't cook at all and eat hooyos. Soor/ugali is great too, I like it with the special milk that is used. Alhamdullah that we are blessed to have something to eat. May Allah give all the Muslims a blessed Ramadan.

Aaliyyah   

^ that's exactly what my mom says...those foods are healthy...but really i rather eat something else.Unless, there is nothing else cooked. Then, I am stuck with them smile.gif

and what do you mean you can't cook..

digirta dhaq..biya ku shub. milix yar ku shub...subag ku dar hada rabtid ....ha karkarto for a long time..intey ka jilcaso...markaasna cun....ya ilahi dadkan gacma ma leh miya ..makes me wonder icon_razz.gif

p.s. yup we are certainly blessed to have food, and here we are preferring a food over the other.subahanalah...and amiin to your du'a may allah swt give a blessing ramadaan to all muslims at every corner of the globe..

Nephissa   

Afur time marki la gaaro madaxaa dhanaa wac wac wac i dhaho..cunto intan la gaarin waa inaan cup espresso kulul isla dhaco. Markas ka dib Mandhaasi iyo timir.

Ashkiro   

LOL@ madax dhana wac wac i dhaho...

@AAliyah, LOOL I am domestically challenged and cooking and I just don't get along, and they are not just healthy they are GOOOOOOOOD, among my favorite foods .speaking of health i am always amazed at the lack of fruits and veggies in Somali Menu.

If I cook (and I only ever cook during Ramadan), I usually prepare greek salad, fruit cocktail, timir and water and juice for iftar. Followed by a normal dinner of bariis or baasto with some sort of meat dish later.

Not sure about this Ramadan since iftar will be taking place a lot later than usual.