Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

What Do u like to take Anfur in Ramadan

:D the lil bugger did such a good job that it also carried over to the next Ramadan hadana waaba ka maarmay.

i dont know about pucca but for the faaraxs che dispensed some useful advice salaanta badiya 2 or 3 months before ramadan.

and from my personal experience never call a restaurant "naag ka roon" in the presence of a xalimo or it will come back to bit u in the @ss during ramadan

Dabshid..Adiga iyo Pucca waa idilayaabe. Waa soo indha cadihiin. Just try but I guarantee Aaliyah's dear mom would intervene. It's like when you go to your newlywed friend's home for Qado, being modern day Faraax yoou would try to pick the dishes after the meal, but he or the wifey intervenes and you quietly sit down. Just say yes to Aaliyah says but it will be different story when you get there.

Pucca   

^do enjoy dear..

che, a marti being told to do the dishes is a grave sin...subhanallah. My mother would never allow such a thing, and having such manners instilled me i wouldnt want to offend the folks by offering to do their dishes.

gj, the salaan doesnt work for folks like pucca...my aunts call and leave me msgs saying "we expect you to spend ramadan with us", even a spare bed is prepared at times. its lovely being a lady.

Kool_Kat   

and what's bajiye? those white cookies right? I think we get them from hamarwayne (somali restaurant) once in a while.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...I think those cookies are called qumbe...LOL

mushaari muxu aha ma sida princess tidhi ma borash iyo suugo la isku walaaqay baa..

Aaliyah, ilaahay maanta inkaarteyda hakaa leexiyo...Thanks to you, I spilled caano iyo shaah on my keyboard! :mad: But thnx for the laughter...Neeftaaba igu dhagi rabtay...

Ma mushaari beydaan aqoon? Caku iyo reer waqooyi! Mushaari is made of oats, water/milk, salt, yogurt, butter, and sugar/honey...That is mushaari...Now this other thing made with boorash iyo hilib is called shurbad or shulbad, that is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted! (cooooooooooooooooc)

As for afur, just give me malawax and kalaankan and I am good to go...I hate the whole sambuus, hilib, bariis, baasto thing...Too much time to cook, and noone hardly ever ends up eating it...Suu fridgeka ugu jiro (leftovers), it ends up in the garbage...Only when we have guests over, do I really cook... :D Poor husband, never seen him complain...

Som@li   

salaanta badiya 2 or 3 months before ramadan.

lol, Kalaasik baryootan. :D

Mushaari, :confused: , maybe it is wat arabs call Hariisa,

nuune   

Dabshid, adna ma taqaanid mushaari miyaa :D

Koolokat, magac kalena waa loo yaqaanaa mushaari or shurbad, the original Somali name for Mushaari is Bulunqo smile.gif

Mushaari & Hilib :D:D:D:D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by nuune:

Koolokat
, magac kalena waa loo yaqaanaa mushaari or shurbad, the original Somali name for Mushaari is
Bulunqo
smile.gif

Najeynaa!!! Islaan suxulo baruur eh leeba iimasawirantay... :eek: Bulunqo aa?

nuune   

Koolo ehehhe haa nooh, waa af soomaaliga asalka ah ee mushaari, remember, mushaari or shurbad are Arabic names, marka iska ilaali luqadaha qalaad ee afkeena.

lool@suxur baruur ii sawirantey, ehehhe wax waalan iinaba caadi ma tihid wallee

Dabshid, and mushaari is also shurbad, learn da asalka which is Bulunqo smile.gif

Cabdow   

^ Mushaari iyo borash iskumid maaha ukhti...KK, caku iyo reer waqooyi indeed..lol

lol@Bulunqo..Nuune, adu maalin walbe word korkeena ku samee, gacan aan kuu taagay duqa smile.gif

Pucca, your more then welcome to join us for Iftar at the Khalid bin Walid mosque icon_razz.gif

Fabregas   

I usally have typical British(halal) breakfast, consisting of;

fried eggs, halal sausage, beans, a large portion of chips and then I finish off with a nice strawberry milkshake.

Seriously;

what do you like to Anfur in Ramadan?

wixi la sameyo dee!