Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

What Do u like to take Anfur in Ramadan

Originally posted by Bella*Princesa:

beats eating boorash and hilib(together)anyday :rolleyes:

but then again you are reer konfuur...
;)

I once obliged and tasted the freaking thing. What a disgusting combination, it really tastes as nastiest it sounds.

Originally posted by Bella*Princesa:

I just asked hoyo macan what 'mushari' is and she said it's boorash(poriddge) iyo hilib la isku kahriyo :eek:

Hooyo must be confused. Ask Aabo.

Aaliyyah   

afuraada waxa cuna baasto,bariis, suqaar, burshiil, sabayad (kimis), laxoox..sanbuus....shuuro...

can't think of anything else on top of my head...

Aaliyyah   

^^ was referring to main dishes that we cook..obviously we drink juice, coffee, or tea and whatever else ...

and what's bajiye? those white cookies right? I think we get them from hamarwayne (somali restaurant) once in a while.

^I was talking about grilled fruits caramelized with brown sugar and taken with qaxwo qaraar. Bajiye is grounded brown beans with onions and peppers which is then fried.

Have ever made Sambuus with tuna instead of the usual hilib?

Faheema.   

^For years, I actually prefer it with tuna.

I like bajiye with mix basbaas and duqus as dip instead of the hot source that comes with it.

Some fruit, tea and water. I never have room for casho, the bariis, hilib sabayad and what not.

Som@li   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

afuraada waxa cuna baasto,bariis, suqaar, burshiil, sabayad (kimis), laxoox..sanbuus....shuuro...

can't think of anything else on top of my head...

Waa too heavy, Bariis iyo Baasto lagu afiri weligay ma arag, :D

Boorash, saanbuuse, Timir,kac-kac, saabeec, Qaxwe, Shaah, sharaab,

I dont consider it afur unless sanbus and i mean the real stuff with meat none of that veggie or baradhe and timir are in that mountain of food, anything else is suubis.

ps: ladies for the iskaabulo guys ... sanbus is scarce during ramadan .... ducada idin ku dhacda ma malayn kartid !

Aaliyyah   

^^ Dabshid shuuro waaan sameesana afuraad time..laakin borash saxuurta cunaa....baasto iyo barisna anytime baa la cuni kara heavy maxa ka dhigay cunta baasto ama bariis ku jirin cuntaba uma arko... smile.gif

LoooooooL@Geelijire...This is the time that I reacquaint with my relatives. I usually do afur at work with just water.

Faheema....You could just add minced onions with spices to the tune, sip some lemon juice into it, roll it up and flour it. Then simply put it in the frying pan. Eat with basbaas (Somali)-it's better than sambuus.