Sign in to follow this  
Haaraahur.

2 delightful films

1. Children of Heaven

children-of-heaven-3.jpg

2. Baaraan (oo laga wado roob)

Baran-2.jpg

Reviews

"Baran" boasts the most achingly beautiful closing moments of any movie in recent memory."

Baran operates on three levels: as a story about a contemporary social problem; as a love story; and as a parable in which spiritual purity is attained through selflessness.

Baraan part 1

don't remember baran but children of heaven is one of my all time fav films. Used go to something called "cinama iran" at osu, sense am back hopefully they still have them.

Children of Heaven was amazing..amazing!

Baran was beautifully made, but the ending really dissapointed me.

One movie I really recommend: Apocalypto! I could watch this movie over and over and never get tired of it.

dance_flick.jpg

I am not spamming. This is a gem of a film. If you can look past the exploitative poster, this film offers one of the most emotional scenes in film history. You thought Casablanca had a sad ending? Forget it! This is guaranteed to break your heart.

Salma   

I hate Dance Flick fery fery much.. :mad:

2+2=4: R u referring to the same "Dance Flick" with the same movie poster you've posted?? strange ...Nothing broke my heart but the 30 Dirhams I wasted on that silly movie....a big tear was on my cheek while leaving the theatre LOL

I am speechless when it comes to "Children of Heaven" Atfaal Al Jannah was double amazing, indeed... luved it...

Cabdow   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Autumn In My Heart
I couldnt post the link but youtube it. The best heartwrenching, beautiful, breathtaking love story ever told. See if I'm exgarrating.

Breathtaking love story kulaha lol Who watches hindi movies these days, so yesterday icon_razz.gif

Great movie (it's about hope, courage, bravery and most of all forgiveness) I hope and wish to see the day the Somali Warlords/Dowlad'diids/shabab and all the dhiigyacab we've had for the past twenty years be brought to justice and tried in the International Courts like the Ruwandans had, hopefully sooner rather then later I'A!

Great movies guys, thanks for sharing!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by grasshopper:

One movie I really recommend:
! I could watch this movie over and over and never get tired of it.

Same here. Brilliant film.

Will watch the others. I hope now one spoils it for me by stating what happens in these movies (yes I'm talking to you Dabshid).

Originally posted by *Salma*:

I hate Dance Flick fery fery much.. :mad:

2+2=4: R u referring to the same "Dance Flick" with the same movie poster you've posted?? strange ...Nothing broke my heart but the 30 Dirhams I wasted on that silly movie....a big tear was on my cheek while leaving the theatre LOL

I am speechless when it comes to "Children of Heaven" Atfaal Al Jannah was double amazing, indeed... luved it...

Heheh I got you there for a minute, didn't I? I actually haven't even seen Dance Flick but just the poster is enough to make me cringe :D

I will feel suspicious about you from now on though, since you actually paid money to see that horrible excuse to waste film.

By the way, I'm 2+2=5! Not 4. 5.

For those of you who liked 'Children of Heaven', you'll probably enjoy watching 'Osama' (2003) too. I somewhat struggled with it. I did not want to like this film, because it's an unadulterated propaganda movie, but a very moving one at that! The director Siddiq Barmak studied in Moscow and was quite clearly influenced by the likes of Andrei Tarkovsky. For every film lover, that last bit should mean something.

For the rest of us, it means that this message is getting boring.

Originally posted by Norfsky:

quote:Originally posted by grasshopper:

One movie I really recommend:
! I could watch this movie over and over and never get tired of it.

Same here. Brilliant film.

Will watch the others. I hope now one spoils it for me by stating what happens in these movies (yes I'm talking to you Dabshid).
It's so good that you forget they are half-naked.

chubacka   

"Baran" boasts the most achingly beautiful closing moments of any movie in recent memory."

Baran operates on three levels: as a story about a contemporary social problem; as a love story; and as a parable in which spiritual purity is attained through selflessness.

Baraan part 1

This kept me up last night. heart wrenching. smile.gif